This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

powered reels are great.....
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:17:48 pm »
for those of you that use a manual reel.....just get a powered one when you can afford it! ;D

i didnt think it would make a difference but it does!.i have been on mainly  scattered 8 weekly work and stand alones this week so a lot more reeling in than when im on more compact work.... :)

after initial teething problems with the PF reelmaster its working like a dream now....chain hasnt come off since the first day and its running smoothly now.....

well worth getting one lads if you dont already have one........ 8)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

Re: powered reels are great.....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »
Amazing how every single new purchase goes exactly the same way for you Daz 😂

Powered Reel
Extreme Poles
Various pole hoses
Vision
Hot water system
Getting a newer van on finance
Etc etc

First you’re 100% certain that you don’t need this new product, then you get the new product and it’s rubbish, waste of money etc, then when you realise you’ve spent £xxx on this new product so you are stuck with it it becomes the best thing you’ve ever bought. Funny really.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:14:37 pm »
Funny this.

I have been using a leccy reel for ages.

Other day I went and got a manual reel for a 2 man setup

I found myself using the manual all week, the reeling is in harder but the reeling out much easier. I had forgotten how much resistance a leccy motor adds..with the manual reel the hose just drops off the
reel.

I think sometimes it's just a change or a new item that tricks us into thinking it's better than it is.

I bought a new van few weeks ago, at first it seemed so new and smooth and a joy to drive. Probably just because it was bigger and different to my old van. Now I'm used to it and it doesn't feel so special to drive  :(

I also bought a phoenix pole few months ago, I really like it, I even thought it was as good as my slx. Tried it recently and it's horrible, whippy rubbish.

When I put under van roller on I thought yep this is way better. On my new van I havent bothered and I think it better!

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:32:59 pm »
for those of you that use a manual reel.....just get a powered one when you can afford it! ;D

i didnt think it would make a difference but it does!.i have been on mainly  scattered 8 weekly work and stand alones this week so a lot more reeling in than when im on more compact work.... :)

after initial teething problems with the PF reelmaster its working like a dream now....chain hasnt come off since the first day and its running smoothly now.....

well worth getting one lads if you dont already have one........ 8)

Definitely speeds the jobs up and makes the day a joy

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:56:45 pm »
Amazing how every single new purchase goes exactly the same way for you Daz 😂

Powered Reel
Extreme Poles
Various pole hoses
Vision
Hot water system
Getting a newer van on finance
Etc etc

First you’re 100% certain that you don’t need this new product, then you get the new product and it’s rubbish, waste of money etc, then when you realise you’ve spent £xxx on this new product so you are stuck with it it becomes the best thing you’ve ever bought. Funny really.

Best things ive bought are
New van with air con/heated drivers seat
Hot water system
Xtreme poles
Powered reel
Univalve

Makes the job a whole lot easier...sod the expense!

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 09:13:07 pm »
Mines a DIY job on a pure freedom reel. All you need is a motor, cog and a chain. Oh and an on/off switch.
Not sure about the resistance when reeling hose out, but then it's attached to me but it comes off the reel smoothly enough. Maybe just add a little and I mean a little lube.
But it makes a big difference, especially those one of jobs where you need plenty of hose to come off. Walk back, press a button and hose is in, in no time and no effort/energy used in doing so.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 09:24:02 pm »
Funny this.

I have been using a leccy reel for ages.

Other day I went and got a manual reel for a 2 man setup

I found myself using the manual all week, the reeling is in harder but the reeling out much easier. I had forgotten how much resistance a leccy motor adds..with the manual reel the hose just drops off the
reel.

I think sometimes it's just a change or a new item that tricks us into thinking it's better than it is.

I bought a new van few weeks ago, at first it seemed so new and smooth and a joy to drive. Probably just because it was bigger and different to my old van. Now I'm used to it and it doesn't feel so special to drive  :(

I also bought a phoenix pole few months ago, I really like it, I even thought it was as good as my slx. Tried it recently and it's horrible, whippy rubbish.

When I put under van roller on I thought yep this is way better. On my new van I havent bothered and I think it better!

I still smile every time I get into my van.novelty has not worn off  for me Adam.... :)

There is a little bit of resistance when pulling out hose but it's not bad on the reelmaster..far easier than reeling in manually 10 times a day.....

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:03:51 pm »
Theres absolutely NO resistance on an HD reel when unwinding.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 10:19:55 pm »

I find that hard to believe do they not use a motor to drive the chain? Can't imagine the motor is freewheels in reverse ?

I use a motor on mine and the motor has some resistance.

They all use the same type of motors don't they...

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:06 pm »
The resistance on the pure freedom isn’t much, just stops the hose reeling on its own once you stop pulling it out

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »

I thought  you had a PF  reelmaster?did u go for the power up HD instead Matt?

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 11:41:42 pm »

I find that hard to believe do they not use a motor to drive the chain? Can't imagine the motor is freewheels in reverse ?

Dunno. I just know when I unreel mine it keeps reeling out for a metre or two once I’ve  stopped walking away.

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 11:42:03 pm »

I thought  you had a PF  reelmaster?did u go for the power up HD instead Matt?

Yup, that’s the one.

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 09:26:07 am »
haha sorry mate i love your posts Dazmond but that second post by Deeege has you nailed lol, i remember you saying you wouldnt buy an xtreme again and then i seen a post a few weeks ago saying you love them again and now youve bought an electric reel after saying you wouldnt buy one ::)roll
at least your working smart now pal and thats what its all about, i have the old power add on as i prefer that personally to the Hd but make sure theyre set up right with chain alignment, ive set a few up for people and they role really nice,free and smooth ;)

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 11:14:06 am »
To be fair he has went from only reeling in two or three times a day to ten which once again proves that Dazmond is just one of those unfortunate guys who doesn't have problems until he buys the equipment to solve them. lol.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 11:21:18 am »
Worth every penny imo I told you Dazmond you never listen to me do you lol.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 12:23:32 pm »
To be fair he has went from only reeling in two or three times a day to ten which once again proves that Dazmond is just one of those unfortunate guys who doesn't have problems until he buys the equipment to solve them. lol.

it just depends what work im doing.it varies.....

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 09:49:30 am »

There is absolutely no resistance that i can feel, sounds like you have the wrong motor. My mate built a "power up hd" using same style motor and its horrible. Proper motor for HD reel is about £60-£90.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 11:07:35 am »

There is absolutely no resistance that i can feel, sounds like you have the wrong motor. My mate built a "power up hd" using same style motor and its horrible. Proper motor for HD reel is about £60-£90.

Ok, yeh mines D.I.Y jobbie.

Its not bad resistance, its just noticeable compared to a manual one, i think Daz mentioned the PF reel has a bit more resistance than his manual cox reel which is what i mean.  Yeh they might be £60- £90 from waterworks but those van rollers are also about £50 which are the same as £15 ebay ones so thats just markup.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 09:57:59 pm »
When the chain comes off the drum spins more or less the same as when it has the chain fitted.

Once i have some free time i still want to make my dream hose reel. I have the parts it's just time!