This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobbyboy

Nitrate levels
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:50:25 pm »
Evening all.
Would the RO System remove all nitrates. Asking as a friend has the  4 stage RO but is loosing all her coral due to high nitrates.
Nitrate levels out of the tap are 350 😳😳
Any help would be great.
Regards bob

Slacky

Re: Nitrate levels
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:01:39 pm »
Buy a test kit FFS.

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:25:46 pm »
An RO in good working order will remove about 90% of nitrates, nitrates at 350ppm sounds very high for tap water are you sure that's right ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 07:14:51 am »
Buy a test kit FFS.

Be nice Matthew.  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:44 am »
No problem Bobby, unfortunately at those levels unless your customer can get water with lower levels  from elsewhere then there's nothing much she/he can do, ( I think anything above 20ppm is harmful to coral ) so even through the RO it will still be too high.

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 08:15:28 am »
Dry clean yes that’s the level and anglia water is coming today to take samples as this is unsafe to drink.
My customer is loosing their coral due to high nitrate so I’m just trying to help them Slacky...you are obviously the twat on this forum🤫

No, Im not.

I keep marine fish and corals myself. I have a 2,000 litre setup. A nitrate test kit is the first thing they should be using not asking you to ask someone on a window cleaning forum what an R.O. should be removing.

If thats how they manage their setup its no wonder their gear is dying.

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 08:24:43 am »
Dry clean yes that’s the level and anglia water is coming today to take samples as this is unsafe to drink.
My customer is loosing their coral due to high nitrate so I’m just trying to help them Slacky...you are obviously the twat on this forum🤫

No, Im not.

I keep marine fish and corals myself. I have a 2,000 litre setup. A nitrate test kit is the first thing they should be using not asking you to ask someone on a window cleaning forum what an R.O. should be removing.

To be fair he had already mentioned the levels so must have a test kit, that said a 2000 litre set up, I'm more than impressed.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 08:51:34 am »
So am I - like to see a picture I have a 5x2x2 set up

A kit is essential and any1 doing marine needs to water but sound like there is a little confusion between TDS and nitrates going on fresh RO usually has zero nitrates this builds up in the tank by fish waste or over feeding or poor cleaning and to few water changes

There are many ways for corals to dye - and with the hot weather water temp can be one of them

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 10:38:55 am »
I’ll put some pics up later Darren. It’s a hole in the wall job.

5’ front to back. 4’W, 2.5’D.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 10:59:53 am »
Sounds fab - does it come off your expenses ? 😉
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 11:00:53 am »
I had 2.5 deep before but I couldn’t reach the bottom with my stubby arms 🤪

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 11:19:42 am »
I had 2.5 deep before but I couldn’t reach the bottom with my stubby arms 🤪

The depth isn’t the issue on mine, it’s the 5’ from back to front that’s the problem.

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 12:56:42 pm »
Youtube video of tank after feeding time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR13SrnYe5k

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 01:20:51 pm »
Just watched all three of your tank videos, excellent set up.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:11 am »

No, Im not.

we could be in the wrong forum this is turning into an aquarium but people know about water here so ..
i think my Nitrate lvls are high from the tap too 350 is crazy but i think it comes at 5 i got a hma filter as ro strips it all from the water any ideas to lower the no2 from the tap? chiclids