Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mazan1

Cat urine on carpet/ Chem spec 429
« on: June 28, 2018, 06:19:35 am »
Hello everyone, I do not deal often with cat urine. One of my clients got a cat which obviously pee on the carpet  >:(   I went there and cleaned it with soilbreake enzyme pre spray, I soaked the infected area and left for 20min, then used water claw to extract the prespray and cleaned the whole carpet, at the end I sprayed over the infected area with chemspec 429. After over 24h she text me back that the smell is worse then before  :-\  I am going back there  tomorrow, she is happy to lift the carpet and idealy replace some underlay, should I clean the carpet again or just spray with chemspec 429 over and back of the carpet? How much of 429 should I use for about 30x30 cm area? Should I spray just as normal or pretty a lot? Also is it good idea to use air dryer to speed up drying of the chemspec 429 or just leave it to dry. Thank you

Elfyn

Re: Cat urine on carpet/ Chem spec 429
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »
If it's tomcat pee, there's a good chance that the odour can't be removed. >:(

Robin Ray

Re: Cat urine on carpet/ Chem spec 429
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:57:22 pm »
This new stuff from restormate might sort it http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/CHP-433162000S

I have had good results using Craftex pre enzyme solution flooding and soaking for 20 mins extracted with a water claw then Craftex Odour Kill at 50 ml per liter to rinse, flooding the area and extracting until all of the pre enzyme residue has gone and then left in the area.......if that makes sense.

Sergio