This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shaunjames

WORKING AT HEIGHT
« on: June 23, 2006, 08:36:51 pm »
The HSE working at height info states in the year 2003/4 64 people died from accidents(working at height). Intresetingly in the same year the university of Exeter produced figures which were as follows annually
600 people die from falling down stairs
20 die falling out of bed
30 drown in the bath
70 people are seriously injured putting socks on

So more people died getting out of bed, than the hazardous occupation of window cleaning ;D

Sir Squeaky

Re: WORKING AT HEIGHT
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:40:43 pm »
So putting your socks on in the bath is lethal?

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 08:49:10 pm »
20 die falling out of bed

Who was it said, 'There are lies, there are dammed lies, and there are statistics'?  (Oscar Wilde?)

Those 20 people were probably aged grannies, or drunken soldiers falling from three-high teir bunk-beds (I know of one who broke a pelvis doing this).

The three lads who've died falling from ladders while window cleaning - so far - this year would've probably not had more than a bruise from falling out of bed.

Most window cleaners are generally fit-healthy lads; so many things that kill the weak and aged don't apply.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:15:05 pm »
Tosh - sometimes, just sometimes you come out with a true gem like your post above and it compensates for all the other drivel you post. ;D

I, however only post drivel with no gems to redeem myself! :(
It's a game of three halves!

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 03:40:45 pm »
Tosh, sometimes you also come out with absolute rubbish  :)

.  .  .  so many things that kill the weak and aged don't apply

.  .  so if you are weak and aged it doesnt matter that you die if you fall out of bed then   ????               

--   those are quoted facts ( whether they are correct or not only the poster knows ) and have no relationship with or to WCers - its just a fact!

and after reading numerous posts on this forum I doubt the validity of your comments that most window cleaners are fit and healthy   :)

;D   ;D    ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.