This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

Working hours?
« on: June 23, 2006, 04:03:03 pm »
I dont know about you guys. But i find it soo hard to be motivated to work a "normal" work day.
How many hours do you guys work usually.
I usually start about 9:30 and im home 2! But by 12ish i want to go home!

Trevor Knight

Re: Working hours?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 04:08:01 pm »
ALL my guy's start at 8am and finish a 4-4.30pm. They have 30 minute morning break and 30 minute lunch break.

This is Monday to Friday

best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:09:21 pm »
I dont know about you guys. But i find it soo hard to be motivated to work a "normal" work day.

Thats because your the boss

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:11:01 pm »
Thats because your the boss
True. Im going to be having someone working for me in two months time, so im hoping this will spur me on to wok longer

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 04:15:46 pm »
Trouble I found, I employed my family, and it made things worse, so I do it all on my own now?

I don't want to go down the line of employing enyone else, unless wfp changes my mind.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 04:24:09 pm »
I find it varies a lot.  Today I worked 8.30 until 1. The other day I worked 8 till 6.

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 05:18:49 pm »
yea, with some jobs i start at 8:30 and finish at 6 too. But very rarely!
Do u earn a certain amount and come home usually?

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 05:23:05 pm »
I always go out about 9 and intend on working until about 4 sometimes 5
I don't stop for breaks as i won't want to get going again.

But some days about 1 ish i think thats it i have had enough for today and go home.

But that is getting less and less now as my workload if pretty full and once i get behind i can never catch back up.

Sometime though i wish it would rain just to give me an excuse to take a day off.

Paul

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 05:25:01 pm »
Sometimes its great to get woken up by the sound of rain against your window isnt it!
so you dont set a rough figure in your head eh?

Fast 1 *

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:26:37 pm »
i suppose it depends on your mind set.Up until 2 weeks ago,i had converted all of my work into £180 to £200 days,mainly to see what was achievable.to earn that money on your own takes motovation and a reasonably early start.But then i went on holiday,started smoking again,became lazy,and since ive got back i cant get into it as well.Its all in the mind
wildstyles

S.C.S

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 05:27:53 pm »
I love the sound of rain somedays on my window its the best sound ever he he.

I tend to work 9.30 till 2 but yes somedays i want to go home at 12 but some days i can keep going the lads who work for me have a set amount of work to do once they have that done they can go weather it be 2 r 6 i aint fussed

Andy

Richy L

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 05:31:18 pm »
so do you think by having someone work for me, it will help me on? I mean, i dont mind going home early, but if i am paying him a set wage i may as well work him!! :)

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 05:37:20 pm »
Leeksons,

Im the same as you!

I always start at 9 and try to get done by 3-5.

Some days I cant be botherd and just go home at lunch. Then other days I have seen me starting at 7:30am and getting in the door at 8pm. (summer days!)

I also work on my own and find it hard to motivate myself to work. I'm thinking of taking someone to help me for a day a week!

Think you should take on someone.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 05:50:25 pm »
yea, with some jobs i start at 8:30 and finish at 6 too. But very rarely!
Do u earn a certain amount and come home usually?
No.  I just keep going until I get peed off  :)
I will be running out of work son for a few days so it doesn't matter as much about doing a full day at the moment.  When I have a few blank days, I will be doing some targetting for commercial work again.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 06:04:07 pm »
GOLDEN RULE!

If you take someone on and satrt finishing early you are setting a trend that they will expect to follow.

You should lead by example and do the full day, even if you end up having the next day off (don't tell them that). Later on down the road, you may be employing them to work and when you're not there they will think it is just fine to knock off early, lets face it, you did it when they were with you!!

Its like any form of training, show how it is done and whats expected and they will follow;

My attitude is this: I won't ask any of my employee's to do anything I haven't done or wouldn't do myself"

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 07:17:11 pm »
I normally start at 9.15 am with Wor Lass after the school run, then Wor Lass finishes at 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm; if she works any later than that her nose starts to bleed.

I then work on.

Today I started at 7.50 am and finished at 7.00 pm; though I did collect for two hours.

We had a blinding day though; if we could work like today, every day; we'd be rich!

busydaffodil

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 07:39:00 pm »
whats with the bleeding nose?  Is this a medical problem?  I'd hate that!

Poor lass.....your working her too hard.   Give her your credit card & the week off.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »
whats with the bleeding nose?  Is this a medical problem? 

I think it's more psycological. 

To be honest, we have an excellent work/life balance.  She only works for around five or six hours per day; and I always choose a concentrated area of work to begin with.

She grafts hard and finishes around 2.00 pm.

I drop her off and head out to work while she does the house work and other stuff I don't do.

I return home and cook dinner and wash up (sometimes).

She gets all the time off she wants, for example, next weekend she's 'swanning' off to Snodonia to run two thirteen mile runs over two days, (a route-recce for the Snowdon Marathon) and is taking the Friday and Monday off work for travelling and recovery time.

It really does work for us.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 08:38:36 pm »
I work from 9.00 (and not a minute earlier) until 3.30-4.00 (not a minute later).

I have an hour at lunch. (usually 1.45-2.45)
So that's 5 and a half or so working hours roughly.

I have lunch as late as I can because it's good to plough on in the morning.
Once I've sat down for ages I can't be arsed to re-start. :(

If I have a £120 day, it's usually £100 by lunch, £20 after. :)

Oh yeah, and I finish by 1.00(ish) on fridays.

Rog.

matt

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »
i work 3 days a week

once a week i start at 6.30 and home for 1/2 hour at about 9, then work till ish

other times, 9 - 4 ish