This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Stevenson

Van doors
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:00 am »
Has anyone had the single lift door on the back of your van, just wondering the pros and cons appose to  the standard twin doors.  ONE plus would be  a place to shelter in the rain. ONE minus it me catch a over hanging ladder.

Smudger

Re: Van doors
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:01:18 pm »
Struts can go soft with the constant open closing (40 to 50 times a day) and if your tall hitting your head on it ( no a problem for a short ar$e like me😂)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:20:34 pm »
Availability of a van with a tailgate is another problem as there aren't many company's who order this option - apart from the RAC and AA.

Barn rear doors are the option of choice as they can load pallets of stuff with a forklift. You can't do that with a tailgate.

At one time, the resale value of a van with a tailgate was less than the same van with barn doors. But as there aren't many vans with tailgates, this is difficult to quantify.

There is a good market for ex RAC and AA vans as they are supposed to have an excellent service and maintenance record. They seem to hold a good resale value, even with some having really high mileages.  Personally, the colours would put me off, especially the RAC ones. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 05:46:07 pm »
Luminous orange is great when cleaning in the dark ! You can always find the van 🤪
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:58 pm »

This is my Toyota Hiace with the tailgate open.
It is very easy to pull the hose out at 90 degrees and even to the front of the van without much problem.
For me, there are no negative points.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:57 pm »
I've recently changed van to a Transit custom with tailgate. I really like it. I've got my reel in the middle of the van. Like Robbo said, you can reel out at 90degrees to the door quite easily.
The other good thing is when it's windy,the door doesn't close on you!!!