This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soupy

Sounds like a keeper.
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:25:19 pm »
Email from prospective customer:

Hello,
You put a flyer through our door recently.
Can you please quote for  monthly cleaning at our house? (I will give you the address when you respond to this mail)
4 important points.

1.   For access to the rear of the house you will need a ladder to climb over our side gates
2.   You don’t need to ring the doorbell when you arrive (we work odd hours so don’t like being disturbed during day)- you can just start cleaning.
3.   Cleaning cannot be done at the weekend
4.   We shouldn’t need to remind you of the above 3 important points every month, it should be on your database (we have had a lot of problems with our current cleaner!)

Regards

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Sounds like a keeper.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:32:58 pm »
I refuse to climb over gates these days.  I once had the police turn up after the house opposite reported me for breaking in  :-\
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:36:23 pm »
I had a similar experience earlier when someone said on the phone “we’ve had a few window cleaners but never been happy with them so let’s do one and see how we go”. Moron.

Marc Stock

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:58:43 pm »

Hello,
Can you please quote for  monthly cleaning at our house? (I will give you the address when you respond to this mail)
4 important points.

1.   For access to the rear of the house you will need a ladder to climb over our side gates
2.   You don’t need to ring the doorbell when you arrive (we work odd hours so don’t like being disturbed during day)- you can just start cleaning.
4.   We shouldn’t need to remind you of the above 3 important points every month, it should be on your database (we have had a lot of problems with our current cleaner!)

Regards
Ideal customer for me. They would love the next clean date system i have in place.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:04:23 pm »

Hello,
4 important points.

Regards
Ideal customer for me. They would love the next clean date system i have in place.

Yeah but you’ve still gotta climb over the ruddy gate!

alank

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 03:04:34 pm »
Nice of them to point those things out.
Point 1= strike 1
Point 2= strike 2
Point 3= strike 3
And there out ;D

alank

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »
Point 4.
You won't need to remind me of your very important points because I won't be your window cleaner. Point taken. ;D

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:24:02 pm »
My reply:

Hi,

I can almost certainly help you.

In response to your points:

1.   This should not be a problem depending on the risk assessment that will be carried out when we quote your property. Access will be gained to your property using the safest practicable method as per HSE regulations.
2.   If you set up a direct debit for payment we would never have to disturb you. Ever.
3.   We very rarely (if ever) work at the weekend.
4.   These points would certainly be noted. We always aim to offer the best (albeit not cheapest) service.

If you let me know your address and contact details I will get a quote / risk assessment arranged.

Kind Regards,

Soupy

Don't think I'll hear back.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 04:47:35 pm »
My reply:

Hi,

1.   This should not be a problem depending on the risk assessment that will be carried out when we quote your property. Access will be gained to your property using the safest practicable method as per HSE regulations.
2.   If you set up a direct debit for payment we would never have to disturb you. Ever.
4.   These points would certainly be noted. We always aim to offer the best (albeit not cheapest) service.

If you let me know your address and contact details I will get a quote / risk assessment arranged.

Kind Regards,

Soupy

Great reply
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

John Mart

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »
My reply:

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Soupy

Note that he said gates (plural). Does that mean climbing over two gates? Sounds a right pain. I’d expect him to leave them open with a text the day before.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 05:50:45 pm »
My reply would be Ime sorry but my staff and I work by the guidelines of the hse so would be unable to access the rear of your property but thank you for asking us to quote but on this occasion we are unable to help you , I wish you all the best in finding your next window cleaner

Pete Thompson

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:02 pm »
I wouldn’t even bother wasting my time replying, let alone putting effort into thinking up some witty comments.

Just ignore, and move on.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 06:32:18 pm »

Hello,
4 important points.

Regards

it doesnt sound bad to me...at least shes "setting her stall out" from the off......
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:50 pm »
I had one that asked me to quote, when I looked on google street view , I could see it was a semi with a massive garage with sloping roof and no side access .
I messaged her asking how do I get to the back ?
She replied that I have to go over the garage roof.
I replied , unfortunately I don’t take on jobs with no side access , would you like me to recommend you someone who does ?
Her - no reply ....
me - thank fook for that  :)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:56 pm »
I'd just reply back that after reading their conditions, it's not something you'd be prepared to take on.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 08:13:24 pm »
I'd just reply back that after reading their conditions, it's not something you'd be prepared to take on.

or you could text her the night before to leave the gate unlocked.this is what i would do.if she refused then i wouldnt take her on...

i dont ring doorbells before i start cleaning  customers windows and i dont work weekends so as long as she leaves the gate unlocked whats the problem?

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 08:16:23 pm »

or you could text her the night before to leave the gate unlocked.this is what i would do.if she refused then i wouldnt take her on...

i dont ring doorbells before i start cleaning  customers windows and i dont work weekends so as long as she leaves the gate unlocked whats the problem?

Might be wrong but people with a list of demands before you start are generaly a pita customer and end up being dumped so I wouldn’t take her on in the first place

Simon Trapani

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 09:19:52 pm »
And if I could go back I would never have gone down the text for access route. We no longer offer it to new customers. It’s too restricting. You’ve gotta get there. Then they start texting back late on an evening when you’ve done your worksheets & turned off your pc that they’re away or whatever. They see it as a choice. Or they wanna know what time. Then you’ve got rain which we personally don’t bother working in.  Staff off sick, unexpected extras etc can hold you up so you don’t get as far down your list as you thought. Texting was the worst thing I ever did.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:07 pm »
And if I could go back I would never have gone down the text for access route. We no longer offer it to new customers. It’s too restricting. You’ve gotta get there. Then they start texting back late on an evening when you’ve done your worksheets & turned off your pc that they’re away or whatever. They see it as a choice. Or they wanna know what time. Then you’ve got rain which we personally don’t bother working in.  Staff off sick, unexpected extras etc can hold you up so you don’t get as far down your list as you thought. Texting was the worst thing I ever did.

its only a few customers here and there and its better than having to get the ladders off.....

1.they dont see it as a choice

2.they never ask me what time

3.i work in the rain

4.its easy to manage my schedule because im a sole trader and work short hours so i get round

5.i dont do "extras" for customers there and then.they get booked in for another time or next time i clean their windows so it doesnt mess my schedule up for that day.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 11:18:49 pm »
I had one approach me today.

She got as far as saying "you can come through the the house to get to the back"

Told her sorry no I can't as my hose leaks.  :D

Done away with all those type of jobs now.

Mind you soupy if it's an employee doing it feck it get him jumping over.