This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

When soft washing goes wrong!
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:02:38 pm »
Long story short,

Sister and brother in law moved house, wanted to house cleaned, upvc cladding and gutters.

Gutters came up perfect, then noticed the cladding below started turning yellow, and I mean yellow.

Thankfully didn’t spray the cladding as was planning on doing that after the gutters, this was just the overspray from doing the gutters turning the cladding yellow in splotches.

Came to the conclusion that the cladding is old and starting to degrade, a bit like the ‘milky frames’ we see when wfp’ing windows.

Any one else had this happen?
 After a lot of scrubbing the yellow stains went, but it took a while and was hard work! Good job I didn’t spray the whole lot! Never happened before.

Im now doing to do a test patch on all upvc cladding from now on.

Splash & dash

Re: When soft washing goes wrong!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:39 pm »
Generaly this happens beacause the mix is to strong , you don’t need to do anything to it just rinse it off leav3 for a couple of hours and it will usually revert back to white , we have had this happen on a couple of jobs but soon disappears

zesty

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:45:49 pm »
Thanks for the info, it makes sense seen as I did use a stronger mix. One to watch in future!

the king

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 08:39:54 pm »
ive soft washed houses and had yellowing in places on the upvc fraims but after a wile they go back to white , ive also used tfr20 on some cladding i wet it first then sprayed it then scrubed an rinced to find it went a slite yellow tinge but on the next clean it was back to white again