Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Our best ever month! nearly there
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:07:46 pm »
I am absolutely over the moon today as we have smashed our previous record and are very nearly at my ultimate goal!

Our turnover this month is £60,561.00 boom!

Our goal is to hit £65-67k per month. We are on track for this by September. We need another 1000 houses or so, and 1 more van and driver out. Currently we are averaging 60 - 80 new houses joining per week.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Our best ever month! nearly there
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:16:15 pm »
Nice ,  did you make a decent profit?
Spit and polish

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:19:24 pm »
Nice ,  did you make a decent profit?

Nope. Spent it all on continued growth and lots of new kit, like the guttervac in my vid ect.  the leaflet campaigns are costing just over £3k per week to grow at this rate.

I am happy to continue this way until we hit the target then the pre tax profit will be about £20k a month. For now I just take out of the business what I need to live each month.

Tom-01

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 05:52:47 pm »
Pre corporation tax profit?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:04:51 pm »
Pre corporation tax profit?

Yes.  After that I will pay my tax on my dividend and pay myself one a year.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 06:29:44 pm »
my best month ever (earnings wise) too....it feels good.... 8)
price higher/work harder!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »
my best month ever (earnings wise) too....it feels good.... 8)

Nice one! It sure does

John Mart

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 06:54:09 pm »
I think that’s massively impressive for a domestic company. The only thing I’d say though is that I used to be happy with my guys doing £330/340 a day but when I sacked one last August (of two) I took over the van and found that I was able to do 20% more than they were doing day in day out. I’m 55.  As a result we’re much more profitable than we were as they do that every day now. And they rarely work more than 6 hours. Average price is about £25. Your prices seem similar to mine. However your guys do travel further.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »
I think that’s massively impressive for a domestic company. The only thing I’d say though is that I used to be happy with my guys doing £330/340 a day but when I sacked one last August (of two) I took over the van and found that I was able to do 20% more than they were doing day in day out. I’m 55.  As a result we’re much more profitable than we were as they do that every day now. And they rarely work more than 6 hours. Average price is about £25. Your prices seem similar to mine. However your guys do travel further.

Its true. Swings and roundabouts for us. We try to average £350 a day per head. Often they will do more than £400 in a day. and if we have a lot of gutter work as we have had this month there is the odd rare day of over £500

I find that being very strict about time keeping in the mornings and paying performance related bonuses at the end of the month works well for us.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20:57 pm »
Nice one Lee

will all be worth it when you start putting that profit in your own pocket rather than the business.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »
Nice one Lee

will all be worth it when you start putting that profit in your own pocket rather than the business.

Thats the plan.

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:37 pm »
Nice one Lee

Thats the plan.
I’m guessing you’ll have to keep up a certain amount of marketing every year to stay where you are.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 07:46:46 pm »
yes.

I think about £20k yearly spend

supernova77

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:30 pm »
yes.

Maybe a bit more than £20k judging by your Google and Yell.com customer reviews  :-[

John Mart

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 09:44:42 pm »
yes.

Maybe a bit more than £20k judging by your Google and Yell.com customer reviews  :-[
They don’t seem to put people off. Unless you encourage customers to leave reviews, the only ones that do are malcontents.

james peters

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 09:46:03 pm »
yes.

what a silly thing to say.
vast customer base. .. we all know that growth isnt always 100%, there are lots of one off messers and those that cant be pleased
this busness is very much unlike other services in many ways and silly statements  like that just show how much little knowledge you have in this game !

John Mart

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:52:08 pm »
yes.

what a silly thing to say.
vast customer base. .. we all know that growth isnt always 100%, there are lots of one off messers and those that cant be pleased
this busness is very much unlike other services in many ways and silly statements  like that just show how much little knowledge you have in this game !
More than you sunshine. Read the reviews. They are whingers.

Tom-01

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
How many new customers do you get from the tv advert each month on average?

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 10:42:01 pm »
Haha i think the only ones who actually read reviews on google and yell when it comes to window cleaners are actual window cleaners.

The vast majority of my work is from word of mouth and my websites are mostly for a point of reference and not marketing. But, when ones contact me via my website they ask questions which they could easily obtain from the website. So if ones want a window cleaner I guess the actual figures of ones who take it a step further and read reviews is very low.   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mr T

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 11:32:47 pm »
Hats off to you Lee that’s impressive. You’ve got yourself a cracking business there.  There isn’t too many people that can build a round that size on the domestic scene and keep it going. You have stuck to a plan and set the right systems in place. Well done