Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Re: Grippavac review video
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 04:00:48 pm »
Question for you Lee. The guys doing the gutter clears are on their own I guess? What do you do when a ladder is needed? Do they go up? Have you got a policy? At the moment generally my guys call me & I go up the ladder. It's pretty rare, but it's happened a couple of times.

All our vans have a selection of ladders
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

John Mart

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 05:29:29 pm »
Question for you Lee. The guys doing the gutter clears are on their own I guess? What do you do when a ladder is needed? Do they go up? Have you got a policy? At the moment generally my guys call me & I go up the ladder. It's pretty rare, but it's happened a couple of times.

All our vans have a selection of ladders
It's more the health and safety aspect really. I haven't put mine on a ladder course which I would think would be necessary for employees. Do they have training?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 05:52:26 pm »
You will find many online training course which our team have done and are certified for. We did a RoSPAR approved course.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Nick Day

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 09:07:13 pm »
So many times I see people thinking that the  more you pay for a kit the better it will be.
You could not be more wrong.
If you want a cheap and incredibly efficient kit you can do no better than to buy the Shop vac Pro from B & Q for  £100.00. It runs at 103" of water lift has 1800 watt of airspeed and a 40 litre capacity and because of it's single stage motor has a high air speed. Single stage motors run at about 7% faster than two stage motors. Another great machine is the MaxBlast 3000watt 80 litre machine from Ebay at £200.00. Get your selves a set of poles, tools  and hose  and you are away.
I keep reading about ladders, make sure you get a proper set of tools and you will never need a ladder.
There is a reason why it is called Ladderless gutter cleaning.

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 09:13:27 pm »
So many times I see people thinking that the  more you pay for a kit the better it will be.
If you want a cheap and incredibly efficient kit you can do no better than to buy the Shop vac Pro from B & Q for  £100.00. It runs at 103" of water lift has 1800 watt of airspeed and a 40 litre capacity and because of it's single stage motor has a high air speed. Single stage motors run at about 7% faster than two stage motors. Another great machine is the MaxBlast 3000watt 80 litre machine from Ebay at £200.00. Get your selves a set of poles, tools  and hose  and you are away.
I keep reading about ladders, make sure you get a proper set of tools and you will never need a ladder.

Wrong , I had a customer who put chicken wire at the ends of the gutters to prevent birds getting in is roof. This then got caked in soil and leaves etc etc , I had no way of getting that out without ladders.

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 09:20:59 pm »
Also , people who put hedgehogs in they’re gutters - you’ve got to get yer ladders out. No choice  :)

John Mart

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 09:35:25 pm »
Also , people who put hedgehogs in they’re gutters - you’ve got to get yer ladders out. No choice  :)
I just refuse those type of jobs.

zesty

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:17 pm »

Which poles and do they fit the machine? It’s seems like a cheap way to get on the gutter vac band wagon, something I’ve never bothered with but for £100 why not!

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:29 pm »

I don’t blame you! Iv only ever done one like that and it was a nightmare

Nick Day

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 09:40:05 pm »
You are picking on a 1 in a 1000 occurrence. Just  drag this crap,out with a weedhook and carry on cleaning.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 07:49:12 am »
Nick

What is the spec of your 3000w vacuum, lift & l/sec

Please confirm

cheers Steve

Tom-01

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 08:40:27 am »

Just price a lot higher! We did a job on a block of flats getting them out the other week. That stupid stuff is a waste of time.

John Mart

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 09:52:56 am »

Just price a lot higher! We did a job on a block of flats getting them out the other week. That stupid stuff is a waste of time.
For me it throws up too many health and safety issues.

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 05:53:18 pm »

We hook them out never had to go up a ladder to remove them ? Taken out 1000 of meters of the stuff over the years Gardiners gutter hook on a pole works a treat

John Mart

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:51 pm »

What about putting them back?  ;)

We hook them out never had to go up a ladder to remove them ? Taken out 1000 of meters of the stuff over the years Gardiners gutter hook on a pole works a treat

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2018, 06:52:20 pm »

That’s a good question  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »

Lol we would advice the customer of the issues involved with them and would not put them back as generaly they have plant roots intwined in them and arnt worth trying to save most customers have been miss sold them thinking that it will solve the problem of blocked gutters which they don’t in fact 9 times out of 10 they exasibate the problem if they wanted them re installing I generaly suggest they contact the firm that originally installed them so far no one has taken up my suggestion and said bin them and learned from an expensive mistake we then generaly sighn them up for an annual gutter vac job we do loads like this each year : we have one nursing home that we do every 3 months and it has over 400 meters of gutters full to the top each time with moss , but they won’t have the roof cleaned just pay us to empty it each time Kerching 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seers

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2018, 11:22:44 pm »
Hi Lee,

Although on 90% of our gutter cleans we use one of our cherry pickers we also use the exact same Numatic vac as yourself for awkward areas where we can't get an access platform to.

Over the last four years it's been brilliant, combined with Gardiner superlite poles. Before that we used the Ionics Upkeeper which we quickly sold on as we found it very poor to use.

I think we bought the Numatic second hand off the classified ads on here and its probably done about £40,000 worth of work since then.

Kind Regards,

Huw

Nick Day

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 07:44:47 pm »
Just for clarification, did the Numatic do £40.000 worth of £400.000 worth of work, or did it just do £4,000.00 of £40,000.00, worth  of work?
I have seen so called "top quality" kits, that would put anybody off gutter cleaning.

gsw

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »
For those who use numatic.....

We used to have one and sold it on when we were going to stop gutters ..... moment of madness over ....and a few years past... bought a new one as the last one was as described on here, robust and  more than up to the job!

I’d previously had an omnivac setup .... I sold the whole lot on and started again with the numatic and Gardiner poles.

Gutted (excuse the pun) that you can no longer buy the numatic with the exhaust built in..... that was quality for blowing out the downpipes! 

Couldn’t find it cheaper than here

https://www.averncleaningsupplies.com/wvd900-sc-numatic-engineering-workshop-vacuum-swarf-coolant&filter_name=Oil

We use it with nick days poles....... more than adequate for houses and bloody reasonably priced...... no affiliation !

Powered with

https://www.pump.co.uk/generators-c108/petrol-driven-generators-c112/villiers-v6000es-6kw-silent-petrol-generator-p5965

Again an economical option for us. No it’s not a Honda but it does the job!!

My question is do those who use numatic use the just the metal filter with the float or are you  using the material filter in addition .... concerned about damaging the motors but notice a distinct loss of power with the additional material filter ...... I’m pretty sure we only used the metal one before ......Lee?

Cheers, Greg