This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

callum99

First day with slx
« on: May 21, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »
Have always used clx poles and never really had many issues, a friend keep on at me for being tight, get yourself a slx he kept saying, so I have,, after my first day's use has it impressed me enough to get another,, NO,, to be honest, the only thing I found good about it was it's rigidity, that's it,, I've lived long enough with the clx, I think I'll stick, what's your view people,

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: First day with slx
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 05:07:32 pm »
Well, it's extra rigidity is probably what every other person on earth would willingly pay the extra few quid for!! Let alone lighter weight and increased service life!!

I can't recall anyone I know preferring the clx over the slx! :o
Comfortably Numb!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:14:50 pm »
It's always little strange to change something after a long time using old habits.  But you may be a little premature with your opinion.  Give it a week maybe

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:18:42 pm »
Have always used clx poles and never really had many issues, a friend keep on at me for being tight, get yourself a slx he kept saying, so I have,, after my first day's use has it impressed me enough to get another,, NO,, to be honest, the only thing I found good about it was it's rigidity, that's it,, I've lived long enough with the clx, I think I'll stick, what's your view people,

use the SLX for 6 months then try the CLX one day and see if you notice a difference then(not after one day!)...

you ll get more service life out of the SLX and the extra rigidity will be easier for scrubbing esp at height over conservatories/extensions etc.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 05:24:48 pm »
whats size is it?18ft/22ft/25ft?i never understand window cleaners buying 18 ft poles.their just too short for lots of work....all mine are 25 ft.....

probably not much in it between the CLX and SLX at 18 ft rigidity wise.....but noticeably different at 25 ft......
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:54 pm »
I actually agree with dazmond, give it a period of
time and then dust off the clx and give it a try.

Hybrid poles have there place, granted as I use one with my trolley when I need to get that out. Also recently Ive been using it for full days work recently (mostly due to bits of filming etc). I like the lightness of the pole but theres way to much flex in the pole.
I use the slx25 with an extension making it more an SLX30 now and when thats fully extended for some higher windows im begining to think theres too much bend in these ones as well, but for the vast majority the slx wins every time as all you energy is going where you want it to, but with hybrid poles you loose that in the flex.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:48:07 pm »
whats size is it?18ft/22ft/25ft?i never understand window cleaners buying 18 ft poles.their just too short for lots of work....all mine are 25 ft.....

probably not much in it between the CLX and SLX at 18 ft rigidity wise.....but noticeably different at 25 ft......

I would have agreed with that before I got an 18. Then I wondered why I'd been using a 22 for everything...

Now I have an 18 and a 30.

Perfect combo imo. About 80/20 useage.

Extreme brush on the 18 and sill brush on the 30.

No faffing changing brushes or breaking down poles/extensions.

Although I must admit if I could afford one an extreme 25 might cover 99% of my work

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 10:32:51 pm »

Just because an18’ pole is too short for your work doesn’t mean it’s too short for everybody’s work, an 18’ pole is long enough for over 90% of my work so it would be absolute madness for me to lug around a 25’ pole all day. I much prefer to use the 18 footer all day, then I simply go into my van and get a longer pole as and when required.

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: First day with slx New
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:42 pm »
When I first switched from a CLX 18 to an SLX 18 I thought the difference was substantial.  Certainly enough for me to decide that for me to use a CLX again would be a deffinite backwards step.
I will say though that I had one property for a short while where it was handy to have that flex in the pole when fully extended. It had a garden that sloped away from the back of the house and a large conny with an apex roof that ran parallel to the house. The flex in the pole made it posible to reach the bottom of one window that otherwise I couldn't have reaced. However, I only cleaned it twice and the person moved. Never had one like it since. Overall though a whippy pole is a lot more diffecult to work with than a more rigid one.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.