This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Customers putting price before quality
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:34:02 pm »
A few months back i was stopped in the street to quote.  Gave them my usual price in line with what I charge with their neighbours.  Was given the usual let me think about it speak from him.

Today I was cleaning in the same cul-de-sac only for his partner to walk over to me asking if I knew a WC called xxx.  I said "no", and they told me he only charged x amount which was about 40% less my quote.    After he cleaned he demanded the next three cleans to be paid up front plus along with the current clean (cash only).    They paid this, and guess what,  they never saw him again.  I asked if they new his number or company name.  They said he refused to provide any of it, all they new was his first name.

I struggle to see how some people don't see the signs of a con when they are offered a cheap quote whilst handing over cash without knowing who they are handing it to.             
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dane

Re: Customers putting price before quality
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:25:55 pm »
Because they have no common sense

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
But they think we're just the dumb ass window cleaner.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 07:33:12 pm »
I dont feel sorry for people like this.   It should be common sense but they hear a cheap price and rather than think its too good to believe and therefore whats the snag, they dont and fall straight into it.   
Its not always the old ones who fall for it either
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »
"A fool and his money are soon parted." 450 years later it still applies.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:53:19 pm »
greed in saving on a bargain and coupled with a fool is easily parted with money comes to mind. Decent tradespeople charge decent prices because they can from word of mouth grown business. I had one lady the other day gave me two ten pound notes stuck together, i showed her and gave her back a tenner. as I'm honest and my customers respect that. It not what I charge but the fact my good customers can trust me completely and vice versa

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 08:19:01 pm »
The only way you only truly find is to ask the punters who handed over the dosh.

Truth is they probably wouldn't know themselves why they did it if they were asked.

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:10 pm »
A few months back i was stopped in the street to quote.  Gave them my usual price in line with what I charge with their neighbours.  Was given the usual let me think about it speak from him.

Today I was cleaning in the same cul-de-sac only for his partner to walk over to me asking if I knew a WC called xxx.  I said "no", and they told me he only charged x amount which was about 40% less my quote.    After he cleaned he demanded the next three cleans to be paid up front plus along with the current clean (cash only).    They paid this, and guess what,  they never saw him again.  I asked if they new his number or company name.  They said he refused to provide any of it, all they new was his first name.

I struggle to see how some people don't see the signs of a con when they are offered a cheap quote whilst handing over cash without knowing who they are handing it to.             

You think they'll be a potential "Go Cardless" convert ?  ;D ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------