Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jmj

Warning for Enforcer Owners
« on: May 13, 2018, 07:11:54 pm »
Working away on Friday and luckily  got to the end of my job. I noticed some water pooling under the machine, the vacs were still running at the time. Shut everything down and empited out the remaining waste water. Looked inside the waste tank only to find a 6 inch hairline crack in the tank wall. The area just above the vac motor mounting. #### The machine is 10 days shy of the 5 year casing guarantee, however I've not owned it from new. Thus not covered . Any ideas of how to remedy other than a replacement waste tank ?

dutchman

Re: Warning for Enforcer Owners
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 07:23:24 pm »
I would phone Ashbys and ask them what would be the best adhesive/ filler to fill the crack. You might need to sand it to get a key. Apply to both inside and out. I used Wikes ultimate grab adhesive as a filler and it worked until I got another tank.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 07:52:36 pm »
agree with the above ...  there may be perfect adhesive that even welds insted of just sticking ....  i dont know what it is ashbys should .    Im so suprised its cracked ... i know from drilling throught it its about one cm thick and looks like a sledge hammer would bounce off it  ....  perhaps it got a heavy fall from a van at somestage in its life .

If its hairline you could ... run a hot soldering iron tip along the crack on both sides .... melts easy im sure that would seal it ....but check with ashbys first

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »
This is very good stuff, would work good in your tank.
https://waterproofyourbathroom.com/product/classi-seal-2m/
Regards
Glynn

jmj

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:06 am »
John Martin,

I'm at a loss how it happened as I'm very careful when handling my machines. I've got a back up so, I'm in no immediate hurry for a temp fix. From what I can see it looks fairly straight forward to replace the tank ? ( famous last words) I live in the north west so would like to try and replace myself. £150 carriage is a lot of ££££'s.  From what I can see,Take off the waste tank lid, remove the fixing bolts, remove/refit the gate valve,replace/refit the ball cage and remove the vac motor. On the vac motor are the fixing bolts bedded into the bottom of the tank ? Anything I may have missed ?

Glynn,
Would you say the product you recommend is a temp fix or could last a while, ie have you used it for something similar ?

Thanks Dutchman for the suggestion Wickes is local to me too.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:05:47 pm »
yeah ,should be straight forward to replace , better than the clean tank .  i wonder would an over tightened vac motor put pressure on the bottom of the tank . perhaps

jmj

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:43 pm »
Its not cracked on the bottom. When you look at the bottom of the waste tank, you'll see the outline of where the vac motor locates. Leading up from this is a half tube shape which runs to the top of the tank. Its along this tube the crack has happened, further investigation shows its split from bottom to top.

Not had any reason to touch the vac motor do far but  you could be right perhaps.

joe

Glynn

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 03:16:57 pm »
I would say so,yes. Try it, its sticks like sxit to a blanket.
Regards
Glynn

dan paton

jmj

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »
UPDATE

Fitted a new replacement waste tank this week. Pretty straight forward and all seems to be working well. Whilst taking the cracked waste tank off I found it was an exsisting fault. I purchased this off someone some 2 months ago and surprisingly he never mentioned it !

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 06:58:19 pm »
Probably some one moving the machine with water in it. I wouldn’t want to do much of that though. My new Enforcer arived last week and I was astounded at how heavy duty it is!

john martin

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
Probably some one moving the machine with water in it. I wouldn’t want to do much of that though. My new Enforcer arived last week and I was astounded at how heavy duty it is!

what spec did u go for ??     how bout a mini review sometime !

Chris Mc Donnell

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 08:39:40 pm »
John
Great machine look's very professional.
Nearly everyone of my customers pass comments on the machine.
Aa being quite heavy ican lift mine quite easily into my van by pulling it back on the two large wheels and placing both small wheels at front into van and lift.

Regards

Chris

john martin

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:54 pm »
John
Great machine look's very professional.
Nearly everyone of my customers pass comments on the machine.
Aa being quite heavy ican lift mine quite easily into my van by pulling it back on the two large wheels and placing both small wheels at front into van and lift.

Regards

Chris
Thats great Chris , its a really well thought out machine .

Robin Ray

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 11:03:28 pm »

what spec did u go for ??     how bout a mini review sometime !

It’s the 800psi 6.6 model. I’m looking forward to giving it a go but I have had loads of tile cleaning jobs on. I will do a review when I get the chance, it will probably be a couple of weeks though. All I can say at the moment is it is the most robust portable machine I have ever seen. It has loads of features which are excellent like the auto fill lid having a drip tray which drains into the tank. The massive seal on the waste tank. The check valves on the motors so you can still use it even if one goes out. Even though I haven’t actually used it yet it seems to be a machine which is built with a lot of for thought. After buying a few lemons in the past I agonised over which machine to get and the Enforcer does seem to be on top at the moment.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 06:12:30 pm »
Robin do you use a portly much? Thought you had a Truckmount ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 07:15:55 pm »
I have gone back to a portable. Have been for a while now. It’s van mounted. 99% of my work is within 100ft of the van so at works well for me. If I need to go further I use a porty as a porty, but it’s rare. I have a way of producing tm levels of heat constantly. It’s no surprise that the vacuum isn’t as powerful as a 45 blower but for me it doesn’t take that much longer or leave the carpets that much wetter. When I have the Enforcer set up properly I will do a video of it all working. I know many will look down on me for going back but it works for me.

john martin

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 09:32:04 pm »
I have gone back to a portable. Have been for a while now. It’s van mounted. 99% of my work is within 100ft of the van so at works well for me. If I need to go further I use a porty as a porty, but it’s rare. I have a way of producing tm levels of heat constantly. It’s no surprise that the vacuum isn’t as powerful as a 45 blower but for me it doesn’t take that much longer or leave the carpets that much wetter. When I have the Enforcer set up properly I will do a video of it all working. I know many will look down on me for going back but it works for me.

The heat sounds intriguing     ...     hmm ...  two inline heaters ?   and burner of some sort ???   

Robin Ray

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:08 pm »

The heat sounds intriguing     ...     hmm ...  two inline heaters ?   and burner of some sort ???   

Its nothing overly complex. Just a lagged tank in the van which is pre heated to 60 degrees then I run the water through an inline heater up to 110 degrees. I can fill the tank full of hot water first if i want then heat it up further if i need to , or just heat it from cold. Because it is lagged it holds the heat all day. I have come down in the morning and the tank was still at 45 degrees from the day before. Its the cheapest and easiest way i have found to produce really hot water and have as much as i need all day. I have been doing it for months now and its great!

john martin

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 10:35:31 pm »
very good  , perhaps youl show all that in your video  ...

u could boost your performance to a 45+ easy  ...   if you have a spare 1k laying aound to buy two airflex pods  :)
just strap em together and connect one to each of your two back exhaust pipes  ....