This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poles apart

Seen on ebay
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:48 pm »
Have a look at this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/window-cleaning-van_W0QQitemZ4470241981QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No baffles but it's OK as it only sloshes around a bit!
Can a Nissan Vannette Cargo take the weight of a  1000 litre tank?
It's an ordinary IBC with a standard mild steel frame. Not going to be much good in a low speed crash let alone anything substantial!

No wonder it's for sale 

pjulk

Re: Seen on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:53:30 pm »
That is really dangerous i see it a couple of days ago myself.
The payload on a Nissan vanette cargo is only 955kg.

So that would be heck of a lot over weight.

windolene

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:01:44 pm »
Hi,

Correct me if Iam wrong , but I thought the wording "reach and wash" was an Ionics brand name but this system is a Brodex.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »
RECKLESS          >:(

Not only will the driver and passenger die a horrible death but prob anyone they hit, which is all the more likely as the brakes etc are not made for this kind of weight.

Just another example of lunacy that we see all too often.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

matt

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 11:01:51 pm »
you have to ask yourself

did Brodex fit the system in that van, as the owner might not be aware thats its overloaded etc etc, hemight have just taken Brodex's advice

JM123

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:10:02 pm »
well if Brodex fitted that - I'm shocked and disappointed.

No way, they wouldn't have fitted that, surely not?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:41:49 pm »
well if Brodex fitted that - I'm shocked and disappointed.

No way, they wouldn't have fitted that, surely not?

I believe that all the larger companies (Omnipole/Ionics/Brodex etc) insist on the tank size being compatible with payload.  However, if someone buys a tank off a company and fits it themself then they're not to know.  I reckon that it's a good thing to take the weight of the water and then allow at least 450kg over and above that as a minimum van payload.  Even then, take care about carrying a passenger with a full water tank or diesel tank - and be aware that your trolley (if you have one) may have water in it.

poleman

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:50:30 pm »
you have to ask yourself

did Brodex fit the system in that van, as the owner might not be aware thats its overloaded etc etc, hemight have just taken Brodex's advice

100% NOT, as i know them at Brodex very well and they dont sell systems like that, which I am sure you are full aware its a DIY crap system

Andy

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »
Just what i was thinking as im sure the larger companies don't use IBC containers for van systems.

Paul

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:43:18 pm »
I have a van like this i fitted a 650ltr tank as this was the max the van can safely carry. I suppose its possible that the tank is not fully filled  ::)

matt

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 08:50:49 pm »
you have to ask yourself

100% NOT, as i know them at Brodex very well and they dont sell systems like that, which I am sure you are full aware its a DIY crap system

Andy

allways a safe bet ;)

poles apart

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 09:58:14 pm »
I asked the seller the question; 'who fitted the tank? Was it Brodex?' No reply as yet but I'm not expecting one ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 08:55:33 am »
Just what i was thinking as im sure the larger companies don't use IBC containers for van systems.

Paul

Yes, I hadn't noticed that at first.  It's not a tank that Brodex supply - it's an IBC.