This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Liquidators
« on: May 08, 2018, 12:41:58 pm »
It’s a good day down south for these things in the heat kick marks and turn marks galore 😂 blimey it’s like trying to clean windows with an old pound shop squeegee.

SB Cleaning

Re: Liquidators
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:08:51 pm »
I can't use anything else...
Cant see why people have problems ???bad  technique my guess.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 03:25:46 pm »
I stick to my trusty unger ergotech squeegee with extra large handle and unger soft rubber for the little bit of trad work i still do....works fine summer or winter....
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:08:28 pm »
Wagtail for the win!

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 07:21:14 pm »
Wagtail by far the best for me too,don’t be fooled by that liquidator the results look first class on certain lights and angles in the sun,I used it on mine over the weekend to prove a point. The results looked great at 1-2 o’clock when it got to around 6 when the sun went down it looked like a child had been drawing on the glass,did the same today with a dogeard wagtail the results were almost flawless. Like I say on first glance they look great but at certain times of the day they make a good trad window cleaner look like a beginner.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:14 pm »
Wagtail by far the best for me too,don’t be fooled by that liquidator the results look first class on certain lights and angles in the sun,I used it on mine over the weekend to prove a point. The results looked great at 1-2 o’clock when it got to around 6 when the sun went down it looked like a child had been drawing on the glass,did the same today with a dogeard wagtail the results were almost flawless. Like I say on first glance they look great but at certain times of the day they make a good trad window cleaner look like a beginner.

Any links for these wagtails?

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 07:39:54 pm »

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 07:47:18 pm »

Mines gathering dust, it is great at cutting out detailing but its crap in the middle of the glass.

I tired again and again with it but its never going to work for me, accepted!

People will say that its down to user not having a good technique but my technique is fine thank you very much.

I think part of the problem was polz n bladz was instrumental in the development of this squeegee and as a result it works perfectly for him, and anyone else who can copy his style. But for a lot of people it just doesn't work.

There is a few videos on YouTube like "how to fix liquidator problems" which shows a lot of people are having trouble with it. I dont think it was designed with the masses in mind, more for the select!

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 07:52:37 pm »

Any links for these wagtails?

Watch these too shrek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38khJ8441nQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Js8g8-4XgU

This is how I've been rolling for years and its awesome, no need for detailing.

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 08:05:40 pm »
Never have a problem using liquidator, never need to detail

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:29:39 pm »
Never used a liquidator- but wagtail flipper is king for me. Modified pads and a bit of dog-earing means virtually no detailing.
Comfortably Numb!

Shrek

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 10:25:54 pm »
Never tried a wagtail, a mate uses one and likes it. Also not keen on the unger selections, apart from the ergo tec pouches and their water well T bar and sleeves. Never got on with their bucket n belt designs either.
For me, ive used for years either a 14inch pulex channel or the 18 inch.  I also used pulex rubber, but hard rubber and replaced them every 2 weeks and then dog eared the ends. With new rubbers the detailing was kept to a minimum and usually it was the edge i would blade off from.
Technique and slip mixture on the glass is what used to prevent turn marks. I loved the blue titan concentration mix. Took several attempts to get the dilution just right however
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 08:52:57 am »
I use 14 and 18 inch Pulex channels, and a 12 inch channel (unsure of the make but could be SYR) which I have had since I started 21 years ago.

I have dog-eared them all so detailing is reduced.

I consistently get excellent results, so I feel no need to change to any fancy products which won't improve upon what I am already achieving.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.