This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

pole maintenance/changing connectors etc.....
« on: May 07, 2018, 09:00:10 pm »
so worked this morning then chilled out in my girlfriends garden for lunch then changed my pole hose to some orange aqua-daptor PU hose,changed all my rectus 26 connectors on various poles and microbore,had a go at fitting plastic inserts at top of pole hose but decided against it as hose is  too small to fit the barb right down to the end.i think itll cause more issues than it solves so just fitted new JG black fittings at the top.

stripped down both my SLX 25 and xtreme 47 and flushed out all sections,re-assembled and sprayed with dry PTFE lubricant,new razor in window scraper,clean T mop sleeve,etc

all ready for tomorrow now.....

i had to turn heater off this morning as the hose was too hot to touch! ;D

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: pole maintenance/changing connectors etc.....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:04:20 pm »
still found time to wash girlfriends/stepdaughters cars and do a bit of gardening! 8)

hottest day of the year by far today lads..... :D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:01:51 am »
"...had a go at fitting plastic inserts at top of pole hose but decided against it as hose is  too small to fit the barb right down to the end..."

I've found the key to fitting these is to not only heat the end of the hose but to fit the black hose end into a JG connector before trying to push it into the hose. It gives you better grip of the hosetail while trying to push it into the hose.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:40:34 pm »
i also found it fiddly to disconnect the JG fitting from the plastic insert plus id have to put an O clip on each end....... its overkill IMO.....i want changing a gooseneck to be as easy and slick as possible.... ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »
I found when using PU hose that I don't need o clips to hold the hose on those plastic barbs. they just seem to grip tighter when you pull on them, even when using water at 45 degrees. I don't use O clips anywhere now on my kit.
I get you when you say they can be difficult to separate but if you take a small dremell type tool to the flanges on those plastic hosetails that cause the problem, you can shave them down to the same diameter as the hose real quick. Here's a pic.
I don't use the red ones anymore as I found that they broke rather easily. Use the black ones now.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:43:56 am »
I found when using PU hose that I don't need o clips to hold the hose on those plastic barbs. they just seem to grip tighter when you pull on them, even when using water at 45 degrees. I don't use O clips anywhere now on my kit.
I get you when you say they can be difficult to separate but if you take a small dremell type tool to the flanges on those plastic hosetails that cause the problem, you can shave them down to the same diameter as the hose real quick. Here's a pic.
I don't use the red ones anymore as I found that they broke rather easily. Use the black ones now.

ironically enough i snapped one of the black plastic inserts trying to get the hose on the barb! ;D

i find the only time i have problems with hose popping out of the JG fittings is when the water is above 60c and the water only gets that hot on a warm sunny day(or with 100m of hose coiled up on the reel) so i think ill just turn off the boiler on warm days.....

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:44:54 pm »
Interestingly, looking at my photo I wasn't using a hosetail on the pole side of the connector.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 07:36:19 pm »
i think changing my pole hose and JG black connectors has done the trick.....hose has not come out of connector despite my water being at 60c+ today! :)

also im noticing my orange aqua-daptor hose is more stretchy than the blue exceed but its FAR MORE MANAGEABLE than the blue stuff.... 8)