This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mick Kent

Worn clamping sections.
« on: May 07, 2018, 04:49:29 pm »
What is best apart from a new section to put some more give into those spinny sections.
Must be something to use

Smudger

Re: Worn clamping sections.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:40:24 pm »
heat clamp - pull off clamp - chop off 30mm from pole section  then re glue clamp

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:08:49 pm »
Smudgers reply is good, but theres some stuff fishermen use called "Joint build up"  they use it for the joins on there carbon poles and you brush it on and it puts a layer of carbon where you need it it thens hardens I think its made by Maver?? but cant swear to it I have used it to good effect.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:54:37 pm »

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22:22 pm »
Nice 1 Duncan

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 07:58:01 pm »
You can also use araldite!
Just a fine even smear around the clamping area, and it creates a decent layer for clamping.

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 10:49:07 pm »
I just remove the clamp pin, and cut the plastic out with a scraper blade to create a gap again between the clamps.

callum99

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 06:26:30 am »
when ever i get a new pole i wrap some insulating tape around the part of each pole section that it closes up to, stopping each section to fully close, then when that bit starts to spin, i simply take the tape off , the pole closes fully ,and you have a new surface to grip,,works a treat,,you do of course  end up in the same predicament, but spinning brush heads on glass is bloody annoying,,

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 08:02:59 am »
i just clamp further up the pole on spinning sections if i cant adjust the clamp until it gets that bad i just buy another pole....by then the pole is usually a few years old anyway...
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 08:44:05 pm »
I've had clamps that have over time been clamped up so tight that I could only undo them with a pipe wrench. Replaced the clamps with new ones and it's like having a new pole again. Thought I might have had to bin the poles but surprise surprise the poles have a reborn lifespan again.

Mick Kent

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 10:22:50 pm »
I have had this SXL nearly 9 years so would be sad for her to go. All my others are a few year old but this 1 i feel is part of the family so want to keep her in good health.

richard connett

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 02:14:07 pm »
I turn the pole into a xtreme version two by wrapping metal tape onto the worn ends of the pole. You can then loosen the clamps a bit. You only get two clamping section on each section but I find that's fine for me

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 05:38:55 pm »
I have had this SXL nearly 9 years so would be sad for her to go. All my others are a few year old but this 1 i feel is part of the family so want to keep her in good health.

9 years! ::)roll....you ve had your moneys worth there mick.....

SLX poles used as everyday poles usually last me around 2-3 years then i buy a new one and keep the old one for spares.....i think there is a guy on here who buys a new pole every year and sells his old one on ebay for virtually the same price as the new one! ;D

price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 05:57:17 pm »
No need for a new 1 if it isnt broke!
I did what Marc said and it works a treat like a brand new pole again.