This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

master cleaner

backpack settings
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:09:38 pm »
Hi for the last 3 weeks we have been using backpacks instead of trolleys and for the last week i have been using the backpack with fan jets and on the first setting

my question is this does anyone else use the backpack on the first setting

i did 25 windows tuesday with 7 ltrs of water on the first setting this seems incredible to me but i did rinse ok

what settings do you use and how much water do you use with the backpack

gary

jinky230

Re: backpack settings
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »
gary I have always used the max  setting on the backpacks,i feel it trickles out
if set any lower, but i am now looking at 1mm fan jets that jouk recommended
to reduce the amount used, i use the autobrush to turn water on and off and would be lucky to get about 20 windows out of the backpack, if you are getting 25 windows out of 7 litres and no complaints then stick with it mate

jinky

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 10:10:00 pm »
I use setting two on my back pack.  It produces two-litres of water per minute through my pencil jets and is more than adequate.

I'm happy if I can clean the first-floor windows of four semi-detached houses before filling it back up.

I have a few £20 jobs that I can clean with just one fill of the pack.  I'm happy with that for the moment and plan to get a small van-mounted system later in the year, or next year; depending on finances, but I bet I will still use the backpack regularly.

When your limited by your water carrying capacity and the time spent replenishing your pure water into your system, a trade-off between water conservation and water pressure needs to be made.

I chewed the fat with Ian_Giles this morning and saw him jetting water out at an alarming rate of knots, but then again, he's got a 650 litre carrying capacity; so he can afford to.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:40 pm »
where you get the 1mm fan jets from??
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:41:41 pm »
GLR.

I only ever use my backpack on the first setting because like you say the water goes for ages and once you get your windows up to a mint condition the rest is easy and hardly any rinsing is needed.

I use on average about 125litres a day and can do at least 15 3 bed detatched on this ammount.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

master cleaner

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:43:26 pm »
i am using fan jets at the moment but i have just ordered some fan jets from cleantech which have got very small holes and i am told that even on the first setting that the water fans out with pressure i will let you know how i get on

gary

shaunjames

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 11:14:52 am »
What polesand brushes are you using guys with your backpacks, in the process of buying one. Thinking of purchasing a pole from Gardiners, seems to be a good compromise between price and quality. Whats these fan jets, are they incorporated in the brush, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys
Shaun

master cleaner

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 10:55:31 am »
What polesand brushes are you using guys with your backpacks, in the process of buying one. Thinking of purchasing a pole from Gardiners, seems to be a good compromise between price and quality. Whats these fan jets, are they incorporated in the brush, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys
Shaun

i use an extender 18ft and a facelift 30ft cleantech supply fan jets and the do what their name says they fan the water out of the brush unlike pencil jets which squirt water in a straight line

gary

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 03:39:23 pm »
Gary just looked at the cleantech site at the 30ft pole and it is £369
now this includes goose neck and brush.

if you already have this does that mean the correct price for the pole is £284 plus vat as the goose neck is £25 and the brush £60

just curious as I use the autobrushes

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 03:41:43 pm »
now if I am correct  if you leave out the brush and goose neck on the 18 ft then the price would be £134, is this not a fair price for a quality pole

jinky

master cleaner

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 12:36:46 am »
Gary just looked at the cleantech site at the 30ft pole and it is £369
now this includes goose neck and brush.

if you already have this does that mean the correct price for the pole is £284 plus vat as the goose neck is £25 and the brush £60

just curious as I use the autobrushes

jinky

hi jinky i paid about £330 for the 24ft and have bought an extra 6ft section making it a 30ft i didnt want the gooseneck so they fitted me a plastic adjustable neck and supplied a vikan brush . i dont know if it would have been cheaper not to have the brush and adjustable neck you would have to ask them
hope this helps

gary