This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

still on my first uni valve......
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:24:41 am »
im not sure when i bought it but its still going and used every day...it must be at least 2 years old now....

when did they come out?

how are you guys getting on with yours?

i have a spare one when this one finally gives up the ghost.....

great piece of kit.... :)
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

Re: still on my first uni valve......
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:11:06 am »
Love it
wore one out in about 18 months
Great piece of kit

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:49:30 am »
We’ve got five. One on each pole. Never replaced any. Probably bought two years or so ago.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 03:44:20 pm »
im not sure when i bought it but its still going and used every day...it must be at least 2 years old now....

when did they come out?

how are you guys getting on with yours?

i have a spare one when this one finally gives up the ghost.....

great piece of kit.... :)
I’m sure it was January 2016 they were brought to market.

Tom-01

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 03:59:16 pm »
We've got one on each pole.

They don't work as good with the pole extended, takes a few pulls to get it to shut off.

Also when extending the pole the valve opens a little bit which makes the brush 'shudder' and a fine spray of water come out. They're about 10 months old.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 05:44:46 pm »
You have done better than me then mine lasted 10 months won’t be buying any more at £30 a time waist of money bend hose over and stick it up the pole end job done cost nothing and as quick as the univalve and nothing to go wrong

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »
You have done better than me then mine lasted 10 months won’t be buying any more at £30 a time waist of money bend hose over and stick it up the pole end job done cost nothing and as quick as the univalve and nothing to go wrong

you must be joking!no way is kinking the hose as convenient as using a uni valve! ::)roll ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 06:29:46 pm »
I bought three from the first batch in Jan 2016. One is on my every day pole and has been in constant service for 26 months. One is on my longer pole which gets much less use. the other is a spare.
As I've reported before, too high a flow rate or too high a pressure (CAL) setting seems to cause problems with them. Failure to open or close is usually a result of one or the other being the case.  Once I got the ballance right I've had few problems with them.

Phil J

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 06:38:14 pm »
I've got one on each of my poles, bought them when they 1st came out as replacements for the aquadapter. Never had an issue, Steve knows his stuff!

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 08:14:18 pm »

Tight get  :D

I d rather pay 3 quid a month than faff around doing that.

Ive tried it all, kinking hoses, taps etc, the univalve is by FAR the easiest and quickest way to control flow.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 11:03:28 pm »

Tight get  :D

I d rather pay 3 quid a month than faff around doing that.

Ive tried it all, kinking hoses, taps etc, the univalve is by FAR the easiest and quickest way to control flow.

We have 10 poles at £30 per pole that’s £300 total waist of money just squeeze the hose between windows and bend it over stick the hose in the end of the pole if you need to put it down simple just as quick as the univalve and nothing to go wrong , I don’t think the one I had was right from day one I bought the one to try and if it was any good was going to put them on all poles but after my experience I certainly will not buy any more

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:31 pm »
I wouldn't be bothered about kitting all the poles out but certainly the one I use I wouldnt be without one.

I bought 2 a year ago for 2 poles and never had a problem with them. But even if they only lasted 12 months I'll bet they save me more £30 a year in water and time wasted.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 07:46:33 am »
i only use the uni valve on my main day to day pole(SLX 25).i just kink the hose on my xtreme 47 but it only gets used around 10 time a month for short periods.....

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 09:17:00 am »
I used the Unger hiflo valve for years and it's still working as it should but I splashed out £38 on the Univalve a couple of months ago and it's been great. Far more convenient but with warm water and fully extended there is too much stretch in the tricoflex hose I'm using. I've got some Gardiners hot water hose with the new pole that I'll fit in the winter.
At 38 bucks I wouldn't run any chems through and it states pure water only but I would imagine that folks are running upvc cleaner through it?

Den68

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:54 pm »
We’ve got five. One on each pole. Never replaced any. Probably bought two years or so ago.

Exactly the same they all work perfect.

andyM

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:39 pm »
I've been using Univalve for about a year now.
It is good but I definitely notice that when the outside temperature warms up (like we had a few weeks ago) it can take a couple of pulls to get the water to stop or start when the pole is extended.
I'm convinced it's down to the pole hose (blue exceed) being more stretchy when it's warm.
One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 12:35:42 am »
I dont use the univalve but i use the american rhino hose which even with hot water doesnt stretch anymore than when its cold. But you can also get the rhino hose specific for the uk univalve which is much stiffer and designed specific for the uni valve.

Personally I dont see the advantage of the valve compared to the tap in my set up.
If i didnt wrap the hose around me, then i can kinda see an advantage in not dragging a weighted tap valve at the end of the pole hose. But,,,, you would have to make sure you have plenty of pole hose dragged by your side for when your extending the pole. Unless im missing a trick here, that sounds like too much faff. Either having to whip the hose infront of you, or bending over and picking up your pole hose every time etc etc.
Where for me, once ive clipped my hose on, I walk and the hose n pole hose follows. No picking any hose up or making sure I have plenty near me for extending the pole.  The tap is by my side like a gun slingers holster and its less than a couple of seconds to switch on or off. Compared to having to hold the pole a set way to make it easy to tug the pole hose at the base of the pole and as some of you are saying, its a couple of tugs sometimes. Whereas the tap works everytime.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

alank

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 02:19:15 pm »
I've just ordered two this morning used taps for years and sick of them getting snagged and looping pole hose up to get to the tap to turn it on and off >:(

wfp master

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:05 pm »
still on my first aqua dapter.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 10:13:33 pm »
I've just ordered two this morning used taps for years and sick of them getting snagged and looping pole hose up to get to the tap to turn it on and off >:(

you wont regret it mate....you ll never use a tap again.......ill guarantee it.... :)