This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Brick cleaning - your thoughts
« on: April 27, 2018, 09:10:58 am »
Ok - been looking at this job, done a test area and submitted a price, got a reply today that I am over twice their allotted budget 🙀
Now I’m not normally a fan of ‘how much to clean this threads’ but if anyone wants to give a guide then that would be great, I’m interested on how long you think it would take one man (8 hour days) to do this - there is slightly to the right hand side of the picture

Thankfully the surface was not lime wash, but a horrid paint, loads of the brick is covered in wysteria suckers - using doff the paint has come off but with a little help of a paint remover as well

Cheers
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Brick cleaning - your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 12:39:06 pm »
I would quote 5 days labour + Chems
Spit and polish

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 04:06:41 pm »
Ahh, then I am way out I estimated 10
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:10:19 pm »
5 days but would have to be at least 2 guys giving the 10 days in total

I haven't done a job like that but with the supplier coming back to you, even tho u was apparently twice the budget !! He must be interested in having u do the job so I think there's room for negotiating there, maybe split the difference.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:26:50 pm »
Could be, we have had this before where they come back a couple of weeks later, there is a little room to move in the price 😉

I’ve done two thirds size (hotel) but that was carborization ( sorry about spelling ) and that was 5 days but straight forward

Paint can be ( and has been ) a nightmare and I certainly don’t want to underestimate the time to get it off and that’s before you get to that stubborn wysteria !

Darran

Tom-01

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 08:10:03 am »
I would politely make the point that whoever allotted their budget got it wrong, and that from your experience as a professional this is the correct price for the job.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 08:46:43 am »
Yes, I want to buy a 4 bed detached house the  builder wants 350k so I told him that’s no good my budget is 125k !

Strangely  he hasn’t come back to seal the deal yet 🙄

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 10:55:54 am »
Wet blasting method seems to be popular by brick & masonry restoration pro's too.
Mind I would have thought cost wise would work out a lot dearer than using heat & chems.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 03:45:36 pm »
Yes it is smurf, I would have to hire plus the medium to use to clean, I think would have been quicker by 2 - 3 days but a 1k dearer in materials

If I owned a vortex/joss I would have saved hire costs of £400

Darran