This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Good luck!
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:10:57 pm »
So a customer moves and several months later new people have finished doing their improvements to the house and call me as I left my flyer for new people.
So their first clean was a little more, as I knew when it was last cleaned and the frames were covered in brick dust etc. Yet no suprised, they cleaned uo lovely and like all my new work, they signed up for direct debit.

Last month I cleaned them as usual and the wive was cleaning her car and so we chat as were cleaning (ive only ever seen her n not the fella) but someone else was in car as well, a lass.   Anyway about a week later I get a text to cancel service and so I thank for the custom and ask if it was a fault with the service.
He answers yes, that he doesnt feel leaving water on windows doesnt clean as well as people on ladders nor that the frames get cleaned properly in his opinion.
So..... I ask if windows are spotted or dirty or frames dirty?   Or did he notice any problems with the  very first clean?     NO, but in his opinion it doesnt do a good job as traditional.......
So I realise hes one of those opinionated types and so i thank him for custom and think no more of it.

Today all my customers are telling me that a couple of nights back they were asking people on street if they have a window cleaner so they could get a number.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D. I did tell them I cleaned the street when I first got them as a customers and so all my customers have given them my number 😂😂😂😂

(i clean about all but five of them)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

Re: Good luck!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:28:02 pm »
you cant please everyone nathan....some people just dont like WFP and prefer you to use mop and squeegee.....ive dumped all them type of customers(or they ve dumped me cos i wont get my ladders off!) ;D ;D

no problem...let the trad guys have em...... 8)
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:51:53 pm »
I lost one like that after four years of doing them wfp. Husband was at home and just cacelled them on the spot because I didn't blade the water off. Silly thing is the trad guy who does them now has a reputation as being a 'window cleaner not a frame cleaner.' They've not had the frames cleaned now in five years. Filthy they are. They also no longer get the windows cleaned over their conny roof.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:00:09 pm »
I lost one like that after four years of doing them wfp. Husband was at home and just cacelled them on the spot because I didn't blade the water off. Silly thing is the trad guy who does them now has a reputation as being a 'window cleaner not a frame cleaner.' They've not had the frames cleaned now in five years. Filthy they are. They also no longer get the windows cleaned over their conny roof.
[/quote

Haha us fellers are right pains.
Ive had it in past were the hubby says "how much?!"  then a day later get a text to cancel as hes gonna do them himself.
Forward 6 months or so and the wifes asking for me to come back n to ignore the feller
 ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 05:01:16 pm »
There are people out there who like to see us struggle and sweat at our work, nice full length ladder pitches, dodgy to get to windows , and feel they want there pounds worth!

Good riddance  to em.

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »
I reckon he saw you chatting up his missus and made the whole thing up!
Was she fit?  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

markymark

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »
I wonder if these people want a brickie to mix mortar by shovel or see a joiner use a screwdriver rather than drilldriver?  Pretty sure they'd walk off a job in that case, much like I walk if the customer wants to dictate how I work.
The public eh? Can't beat 'em. Sadly  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Dane

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:21:02 pm »
Had a similar situation myself today, some people are a good laugh at least

Windy Miller

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 07:04:29 pm »
Most likely nothing to do with how wfp means it's left to dry naturally mate, he's probably a tight git and looking an excuse to get rid of you without saying it's the price.

I've had similar experiences where the ladies are more than happy to have the windows done but as soon as you run into the husband or he has to pay up then a problem mysteriously arises soon after.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »
I had one a few days ago ask if i dried the windows after , before i had even finished the patter about them drying crystal clear she told me that the previous guy left runs and streaks all over the place .
I explained that although you can train a monkey to WFP you can either do it or you cant , i then said take me for example , my plasterering is more like artexing , thats why i clean windows and dont do plastering  ;D
I said i would let her have a think about it and cracked on with her other neighbour  ;D ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »
Got an older couple on my round that I have no problems with unless their daughter is visiting.
Last time she chased me down the street saying ‘you haven’t dried them.’
I explained that when using wfp they are left to dry on their own. She replied that her neighbour has hers done by a ‘wfp guy with a van’ and that the guy squeegees them off afterwards. She wanted me to go back and squeegee her mum n dad’s off.
I said, if they were unhappy with my services they can talk to me about it the next time I call.
Needless to say, when I saw them the next time I politely inquired whether or not they had a problem with my service and they wondered what I was on about.
Interfering neighbours, friends and relatives can be a right pain at times. I’ve lost a few good customers over the years due to this. Sometimes they never get another window cleaner and their windows end up filthy.
You wish these types would just mind their own business.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

markymark

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:20 pm »
Reminds me of a local business owner who I'd been cleaning home and business for for a few years. New partner moves in and suddenly there's a 'problem' with using wfp and "could you do them all by hand as the finish is better". Yeah, sure I can, just as soon as they bother taking the slippy algae off the patio. I just carried on with wfp(with no complaints) and only got rumbled about a year later when she came home for lunch whilst I was cleaning. Shortly afterwards I get the "put it on hold as we're having work done, we'll text you" etc lame excuse text. I think it's just the modern way of the man stamping his macho authority. He finds the problem, sorts the problem, saves the day. I swear some of them would try and grow antlers if they could  ::)roll
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 12:12:16 am »
It does make me laugh, and yes it is often interfering relatives.

I have one customer that is ok, but the house is a right pain as getting onto the driveway is awkward being it's on a bend and up a hill.  Customer herself is fine though, been doing this for over 3 years.

Anyway, one day I turn up and there I am cleaning away, and the customer's mother turns up while I'm halfway through.  I finish up, start packing up the van and the mother comes running out saying I can't be finished because the windows are still wet and it's been too quick.  I politely explain that the windows will dry no problem as the water is very pure etc etc.  Didn't even acknowledge the 'you've been too quick' comment as I was already half-way through when she arrived.

So at this point, she is dancing along the edge of getting dropped, and in my head I think if she doesn't just say "ok" and walk away then that will be it (which is a shame for the customer who did nothing wrong, but I wouldn't be sad to drop it because of the awkward driveway.)

Amazingly she said "ok" and walked away, narrowly avoiding losing me.  However, a few days later, customer emails me asking to go to every other month (from monthly), almost certainly because of the complaining interfering mother.  I agree, now thinking I should just drop it, but instead decide to put the price up by £5 (house is £16) thinking she is bound to say "no thanks."

She says "ok"

So the interfering mother simply cost her daughter money.

==

Another time, a house I'd being doing for about a year, one day the bloke happened to be in (instead of the wife who originally called me).  He came out while I was there asked how much I was charging.  I told him and his face turned a strange twisted shape, and he said "I think we'll leave it from now on".  I just said ok no problem, finished the house and started packing up.
Just about to write the card out and I hear the lady shouting at him from inside the house.  Then the lady comes out and says (in his earshot) "ignore that stupid puff, he hasn't got a clue, just carry on as you are".  I tried not to laugh at her calling him a puff and just agreed.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 09:07:16 am »
I don’t clean any traditional anymore apart from insides obviously I pull up and pole every job,been like that for at least 9-10 years now. I can now see a lot of trad guys getting arsey these days because I’m sure they were banking on customers just not excepting it,some of em arenyears behind now still being on ladders. I’d say 8-9 out of 10 WFP these days so customers almost have to deal with it most are aware of WFP methods.

Marc Stock

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 12:46:01 pm »
It amazes me how some people have the cheek to question the methods used. At the end of the day we are running businesses to make a profit, the upshot of that is they get their windows cleaned to a high standard, they pay for that service, and its delivered.

All these people, can you just...my neighbor says....if you do it this way.....

Shut up.  Are the windows clean? Yes. Is there a problem? because you don't have to have them cleaned you know, its not a charity case here, we all earn good livings, we provide a good service.......No there isn't a problem...right...good....go back in and make my tea, and leave the bag in this time, i don't want a cup of hot milk.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 02:54:20 pm »
It’s no different to telling a carpenter I want you to use a hammer and not a nail gun to put a roof on my house,I would never let any customer tell me how to clean there windows. At the end of the day they will get clean windows even if they are a bit wet when I leave lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 03:21:52 pm »
Did a second clean on a house that I picked up 8 weeks ago and at the time she was debating the price. I gave her two options £25 @ 4weekly  or £30 8weekly.     I wanted it 8 weekly can you tell  ;D
Anyway she agreed at 8 weeks and i went todsy to do the second clean. She came out n paid and said her hubby didnt quite like the method used to clean the windows and if I could make this the last clean.
No worries i said n cracked on, perhaps even quicker tban I would have done as well  ;D ;D

It came as no suprise, but it will pay for me taking mrs out for dinner tonight
I also couldnt be bothered to defend the method, yet there windows are still clean after 8weeks n frames still lovely n white as well.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 06:25:52 pm »
It amazes me how some people have the cheek to question the methods used. At the end of the day we are running businesses to make a profit, the upshot of that is they get their windows cleaned to a high standard, they pay for that service, and its delivered.

All these people, can you just...my neighbor says....if you do it this way.....

Shut up.  Are the windows clean? Yes. Is there a problem? because you don't have to have them cleaned you know, its not a charity case here, we all earn good livings, we provide a good service.......No there isn't a problem...right...good....go back in and make my tea, and leave the bag in this time, i don't want a cup of hot milk.
I can't believe you have the cheek to question some peoples' tea making methods. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

chris turner

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 06:57:58 pm »
Did a second clean on a house that I picked up 8 weeks ago and at the time she was debating the price. I gave her two options £25 @ 4weekly  or £30 8weekly.     I wanted it 8 weekly can you tell  ;D
Anyway she agreed at 8 weeks and i went todsy to do the second clean. She came out n paid and said her hubby didnt quite like the method used to clean the windows and if I could make this the last clean.
No worries i said n cracked on, perhaps even quicker tban I would have done as well  ;D ;D

I also couldnt be bothered to defend the method, yet there windows are still clean after 8weeks n frames still lovely n white as well.

If you join the dots I think there is a picture appearing here. ;)

7 years wfp and I never get a customer questioning my methods.  In fact all I get is compliments on how well wfp cleans.

Doesn't the fact that you've had 2 of the same complaints so close together suggest you may be at fault, rather then your customers..

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:47 pm »

If you join the dots I think there is a picture appearing here. ;)

7 years wfp and I never get a customer questioning my methods.  In fact all I get is compliments on how well wfp cleans.

Doesn't the fact that you've had 2 of the same complaints so close together suggest you may be at fault, rather then your customers..

Erm...... Erm..... NO.
Theres no complaints mate, not been told its done a bad job or ive left it a mess which isnt hard to tell someone is it.  Plus i cleaned it again today n she paid etc before i had even finished
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk