This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

barrow jetwashers
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »
so how   are you getting your washers out the van  i have a 15ltre honda    on a heavy duty galvernised trolley   i have put a jockey wheel on the front and  tilt it back  and get it out that way  but i have a terrible bad back and due for  a operation   so iam going to upgrade  soon to a 21ltr   to  the trolley washer   i may just keep as a spare  do you people just leave your washers in the van  because i cant   do that i have a window cleaning round also  and the problem is  there are lots of  terreced houses  no parking  so the washer has to come out       and sit at the front door  with a hose reel attached to it   its very awkward after a  couple of hours then putting in the back of the van is a joke      how do you suggest  doing  it  i thought   buying   2 wheel chair ramps   and running it up them         any answers please       

Smudger

Re: barrow jetwashers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:46 am »
In all honesty try to arrange the van so the washer is fixed into the van and get more hose to reach a water supply and high pressure hose to reach the job

I had the Honda 21 ltr machine on a barrow in the early days and used 2 motorcycle ramps for on/off but it’s no fun at all and you just spend so much time loading unloading now we don’t get knackered and job time is cut dramatically

If room is really a problem why not build a a trailer to hook up ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:18:15 am »
Yes Darren I was looking at the skid type  the trailer as well but I put that out of my mind now you have reminded  me  I could take the wash er of the trolley and put in a trailer   
on a 21 litre pressure washer how many hoses are possible before the 20 inch FSC........    starts to loose pressure 

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:00 am »
I have  mine built on a plate, bolted down in the van. I have 130metres of hp hose, the whirly will be fine running at distance from ur machine, I think Ben says 0.1 bar is lost per metre but am not sure

Best bet mate is to ring Ben at Rutland pumps he will put u on right track

search Rutland pumps

mjm

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:29:15 am »
Thanks Matt   130 metres  wow  here's me concerned about putting 2 more 20ft onto a 20ft reel....   I will  get in touch with Rutland when I need a washer  because I am  not sure if Iam going down the trailer route........    I don't need  a big tank  aso I always have   access to garden taps  or I can attach hose lock connectors to taps in house   

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:05:34 am »
I only use the full length if needed ...ie if on a roof or far away from the van. I keep 50m in the van with me as this if more than enough for most jobs.

I also have 150m of standard hose ( 6 X 25m ) to feed the tank, again this is only used if am on a job were limited water or if there's 2 taps i can connect upto.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:34:59 am »
When moving up to 21 ltrs a min you will need a bigger tank not all mains will keep up
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 01:15:35 pm »
Thanks for the input I may be able to keep the one I have then put it in a trailer and then buy  hot electrical pressure washer from levor......    and use it for the terraced....   houses    because they are yearly they aren't that bad  and the washer is quite light  what do you think   because I have never used electrical  ones  but it would be using hot   has anyon ever   used a   levor...rio       or      MissorI