Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trippyboy

New tax year.
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:20:04 pm »
This post really is for the one man bands.
What sort of turnover (not profit)figures have you set yourselves for the coming new tax year?
Year on year I've always managed to break the turnover figure for the previous year, personally i would hope to achieve around 56,500 to 57k for 2018 to 2019 accounts.
Last annual increase for me was just over 1.6 k but within that time frame had two more weeks off than the previous year so pretty happy with that.

Marc Stock

Re: New tax year.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:29:07 pm »
Well my turnover last year was £45k

This year I hope to get to at least £57k by May 2019, as far as signups are concerned id like to have my customer list showing around £60k by September, before my final push to 80k.

My customer list is currently approaching 51k

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:45:24 pm »
I don't set targets. I couldn't even tell you how many cutomers I have, nor what I have just turned over for last year!! I do have a great life though!!💪
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:03:42 pm »
Im no longer a one man band, i have a 16 hour a week guy but we are not full...

Id rather not say however my forcast customer list is now at 52k  and i fully expect it to be 60k by July.

Not sure how much further i want to go after 60k, been re investing quite heavily this last year.. might have a break for a few months to recover some funds then go for the VAT limit.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 09:19:49 pm »
Rental payments are a tax deductible expense Adam....

As for sign writing/drilling holes in the van.....course you can as long as you remove the sign writing/fill in the holes when you hand it back(or sell it)....

Road fund licence is included for the first year of a business finance lease contract.....after that it's not so it's the yearly fee plus VAT(which meant mine was an extra £40 a year)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »
I don't set targets. I couldn't even tell you how many cutomers I have, nor what I have just turned over for last year!! I do have a great life though!!💪

Why would you not know how many customers you have or what your turnover is year on year?do you not keep records?...... ???

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 09:27:25 pm »
As long as my turnover keeps growing im happy with that and dont set any particular goals as such.
But Im lazy when it come to my paper work and so im just writing up all my income mostly for my own records as I list all my customers in my accounting book. I do so according to my rounds or how ive segmented my main round (haha some on here get cofused if talk about rounds within tbe entire round as they call it).  So each year I like to see which round I have developed the most in and use that to target my next marketing campaign in. I also get disheartened sometimes when i see which rounds have decreased due to deaths or move outs and depending if its worth it, I will also target these areas as well.
So fartbis year has been good. No ones died ormoved out, but I have picked up an extra £160 monthly work and £70 bi monthly work without a big push in leaflets.
(however this doesnt mean much to some because of different areas etc ie london prices, but its growth whichever way you look at it)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 09:33:30 pm »
What sort of turnover (not profit)figures have you set yourselves for the coming new tax year?
Year on year I've always managed to break the turnover figure for the previous year, personally i would hope to achieve around 56,500 to 57k for 2018 to 2019 accounts.
Last annual increase for me was just over 1.6 k but within that time frame had two more weeks off than the previous year so pretty happy with that.

Wow we have some proper "Hollywood" one man bands on this forum.....im nowhere near 57k.you must work full time then trippy eh? ;D

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »

Wow we have some proper "Hollywood" one man bands on this forum.....im nowhere near 57k.you must work full time then trippy eh? ;D

300 £16 monthly customers sounds doable

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »

300 £16 monthly customers sounds doable

It sounds easy on paper mate but it doesn't work out like that in real life... ;)

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 09:47:12 pm »
Your right lol , I couldn’t be arsed doing that much work, window cleaning for me is better in short bursts - I would never want to do an 8 hour shift doing this

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 10:15:27 pm »
yeh, ive only been past 3pm a few times.

Sod that, thats why i took someone on, i want more money but i dont want more hours!

im a greedy/lazy get

trippyboy

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 10:27:35 pm »

Daz a 5 or 6 hour day on the tools is long enough for me at my age, my body ain't what it once was mate, but yes indeed i have built the business whereby i only quote high these days, i never go looking for work it allways comes to me.
This enables me to charge really high prices, if they don't like the quote its no skin off my nose, these days i nail about only 30% of quotes for window cleaning, this gives me quality work or Hollywood work as you say.
I have very few messers, bad payers and low priced stuff these days too.
It's all down to they way you shape and mould your own business i guess.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 11:04:17 pm »

Why would you not know how many customers you have or what your turnover is year on year?do you not keep records?...... ???

The tax year ended yesterday, I haven't totted it up yet. Why do I need to know how many customers I have? I only know it's too many! Unlike most (seemingly) on here, my biggest problem is too much work, too many new enquiries. You can only refine so much, I probably only take on 1 in every 10 enquiries. I also don't do rigid schedules, roughly 7 to 10 weeks is normal for me. Enough good work to just work as much or as little as I like. I find it all very simple and uncomplicated- in fact, I can't think of many things easier- why people insist on complicating and over thinking this game is beyond me!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 08:10:25 am »

The tax year ended yesterday, I haven't totted it up yet. Why do I need to know how many customers I have? I only know it's too many! Unlike most (seemingly) on here, my biggest problem is too much work, too many new enquiries. You can only refine so much, I probably only take on 1 in every 10 enquiries. I also don't do rigid schedules, roughly 7 to 10 weeks is normal for me. Enough good work to just work as much or as little as I like. I find it all very simple and uncomplicated- in fact, I can't think of many things easier- why people insist on complicating and over thinking this game is beyond me!! ;D

it beggars believe IMO that you dont know how many customers you have,turnover/profit/expenses etc,etc....... ::)roll

next you ll be telling us you only use a pen and scrap pieces of paper for records and only except cash..... ::)roll ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 08:20:58 am »

Daz a 5 or 6 hour day on the tools is long enough for me at my age, my body ain't what it once was mate, but yes indeed i have built the business whereby i only quote high these days, i never go looking for work it allways comes to me.
This enables me to charge really high prices, if they don't like the quote its no skin off my nose, these days i nail about only 30% of quotes for window cleaning, this gives me quality work or Hollywood work as you say.
I have very few messers, bad payers and low priced stuff these days too.
It's all down to they way you shape and mould your own business i guess.

thats a really good round that mate working on your own....from my estimations you must be averaging around £250-£300 4 or 5 days a week for 46 weeks of the year to hit £57k.......(take off 6 weeks for holidays,xmas,sick days,bad weather days,etc)... :)

well done! :)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 08:22:38 am »

it beggars believe IMO that you dont know how many customers you have,turnover/profit/expenses etc,etc....... ::)roll

next you ll be telling us you only use a pen and scrap pieces of paper for records and only except cash..... ::)roll ;D

Of course I know my turnover and profit you berk!! ::)roll I just don't know it for the last financial year.... which ended 3 days ago. All my records are paper based but a large proportion of my payments are now bank transfers. Why would I need to know how many customers I havd Daz? What would change if I took the time to count them? Would I suddenly become a "business man"? Maybe I could buy a new van with heated seats and repeatedly spew the ins and outs of my personal finances to complete strangers on an open public forum? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:18 am »

Of course I know my turnover and profit you berk!! ::)roll I just don't know it for the last financial year.... which ended 3 days ago. All my records are paper based but a large proportion of my payments are now bank transfers. Why would I need to know how many customers I havd Daz? What would change if I took the time to count them? Would I suddenly become a "business man"? Maybe I could buy a new van with heated seats and repeatedly spew the ins and outs of my personal finances to complete strangers on an open public forum? ;D

i just didnt think window cleaners used paper records these days.....what a ballache!its far easier with some sort of round software like george , CP or aworka mate......

Dry Clean

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 08:52:36 am »
I have a list of the properties I will clean today, will tick the box when cleaned and tick the box next to that when they have
paid, if only I could find something handier, lol.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 10:37:03 am »
I have a list of the properties I will clean today, will tick the box when cleaned and tick the box next to that when they have
paid, if only I could find something handier, lol.

Ditto. It takes all of 2 seconds per job and 5 minutes per week to print a new one!! ;D

Comfortably Numb!