This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

water softner or not?
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:28:06 am »
Hi,
I live in a very hard water area (my Water comes from the mendips me thinks ::) ), I want to be told that I dont need a water softner, but am quite sure that I do need one. Is there any way I can get away without it, like back flushing the RO more? If I do need a softner, does anyone have any idea how long a 11L cannister of it will last?

Lee

welmac

Re: water softner or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:55:59 pm »
i live in a hard water area and dont have a softener. however, in an ideal situation you should do. it will prolong the life of the RO filters as they do not have as much work to do.

on saying this, i always give my customers the option of having a softener with their filters, and the majority choose against it. up to now there hasnt been any problems with people not running them (some have been in hard water areas with a ppm of 600!!!  :o )

however, my advice would be if you have the money to buy/run one and dont mind the "hassle" of changing salt tablets and regenerating one then go for it.

you can get a manual softener kit for about £150ish , or an electric one from £250ish upwards.

WELMAC - Gary

Lee.

Re: water softner or not?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »
Thanks Gary

Thanks for your help again!

Lee