This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

300 gpd r/o unit
« on: June 21, 2006, 08:42:08 pm »
hey guys
we have one of the above, can some one tell me what to do if the tdi starts to climb, its still at 000 at the moment, but when do i look to replace something, and what do i replace, what i mean by that is do i replace the 3 filters on the r/o unit and the d/i filter or, as someone has suggested, just buy a new r/o unit. i understand that the filters are quite pricey, i think thats why it was suggesteed that i replace the whole thing. main thing though is when to do any of the above
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

macc

Re: 300 gpd r/o unit
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:12:39 pm »
HI. Give Kirsty at Gardiners 01726 61143 a call, i cant remember axact but i think it was 4-6 months for the filters but they are only about £20. I flush mine each tme i re fill, she said to do that.

Macc

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:16:27 pm »
The 3 filters on the bottom need changing every 5-6 months for peace of mind these will prob go longer but you figure , as for the membranes on the top if flushed regular will last for 2-3 yrs avg as for the DI check tds out of the RO  and after DI that will tell you when the resi is spent , mine reads 007 out of the RO and I change resin at about 003 to 004

Chris

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
Keep an eye on the pressure gauge, when it dips or after 6 months your prefilters need changed.  DI as and when your OUT reading goes over 10ppm.  Your membranes should last 2-3 years, and is monitored with your IN reading on the meter.

The water treatment system itself will last forever, all you need to do is replace prefilters , membranes and resin, and they are relatively cheap.

JM123

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:31:41 pm »
don't forget that the sumps must be replaced every 5 years as well
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I