Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clean Cloth

Pricing for cleaning FSG
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:40:50 pm »
I am in the east midlands and was asked to give a price for cleaning a 2 bed detached bungalow windows.
Gave a price and got the job, was asked to price for FSG clean too, I said I will give a price when I finish the windows.
Windows were filthy from last weeks snow, I cleaned the frames, mopped the panes, wiped around the edges with a cloth, squeegeed of the water and dried the edges with a microfibre cloth, the way I always do it.
The woman knocked on the window and pointed out a dry mark around the edge of the pane, I smiled and used the microfibre again.

She literally follwed me around every window, so I double checked no smears were left.

I was going to price the FSG at £3 a meter but decided on £4 for her, I know I wont get it or the windows again. 17 meters of FSG so quoted £75.

A neighbour saw me doing them and asked for the same, quote for windows, got it, quote for FSG, 33 meters, I thought £100 sounded too much so quoted £85, she was surprised how high I was charging.
I wont get it, may get windows again but only when she has guests coming.

So what do you guys charge for FSG per meter?

Splash & dash

Re: Pricing for cleaning FSG
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:53:34 pm »
I am in the east midlands and was asked to give a price for cleaning a 2 bed detached bungalow windows.
Gave a price and got the job, was asked to price for FSG clean too, I said I will give a price when I finish the windows.
Windows were filthy from last weeks snow, I cleaned the frames, mopped the panes, wiped around the edges with a cloth, squeegeed of the water and dried the edges with a microfibre cloth, the way I always do it.
The woman knocked on the window and pointed out a dry mark around the edge of the pane, I smiled and used the microfibre again.

She literally follwed me around every window, so I double checked no smears were left.

I was going to price the FSG at £3 a meter but decided on £4 for her, I know I wont get it or the windows again. 17 meters of FSG so quoted £75.

A neighbour saw me doing them and asked for the same, quote for windows, got it, quote for FSG, 33 meters, I thought £100 sounded too much so quoted £85, she was surprised how high I was charging.
I wont get it, may get windows again but only when she has guests coming.

So what do you guys charge for FSG per meter?

We don’t charge per meter for a 3 bed semi modern not Victorian around 65 +10 for Windows takes about 1:5 hours tops , we do dozens of them , 3 bed dorma detached bungalow from 100 + windows , 5 bed detached house from 175 upwards dependant on size

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:02:06 pm »
I had a customer follow me around once on every window cleaned. She was very OCD!   But shes still with me 15yrs later and i have a coffee at every visit. Every winter she adds whiskey to the coffee.  One of my best customers.

For clearing out the gutters I charge £40 min per side, so front and back is a min of £80.
If im cleaning the outside gutters, fascia n soffits its an extra £40 per side. So both would be £80 for fronts for instance.
I tell my customers that I charge per side so they can have the option to do the fronts on one clean and the backs on my next visit or when its next convenient for them
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

andyM

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »
You never can tell with some people.
I got asked this morning after cleaning the windows on a regular 4 bedroom detached, how much I would charge to clean their FSH.
They are retired, and comfortably well off.
I get on well with them and was feeling generous so i said £80 including the windows.
Their reply: "Err oh well we'll have to think about it then......" 
One of the Plebs

Clean Cloth

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 08:35:03 pm »
Right, looks like I may be quoting a bit high then for FSG.

On another bungalow to clean out the inside of the gutters, I quoted £25 per side and got the job.
Took my time and cleared the gutters off my step ladders with a brush, then ran the hose inside the gutter.
It took 40 minutes so I was happy with that.

The 2 bungalows today were irregular in shape so it was not easy to quote per side.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »
Totally different job facials-gutters etc I would charge the higher end,I’ve always been too cheap on this kind of add ons but I’m not going to anymore.

Dane

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 09:06:39 pm »
I now price per meter for clear out and per meter for wash down. Measure up and email the quote, if I get them I get them and they’re a nice bonus otherwise I have plenty on with windows. I have a small folder of photos that show the customer the quality of work I’ve done over the years to back up my workmanship.

I used to price per side and i’ll Be honest, I learned I was under pricing them for the work I was putting in, probably not realising at the time but as I was concerned that nobody would ever say yes.

Lesson learned I changed my pricing and I now see it as a nice bonus if people say yes, if they say no then onto the next job I have lined up. I think I’ve also found if everyone keeps saying “yes” then you’re probably too cheap, if people always say “no” then you’re obviously too high. A Mixed bag of answers gives you nice little bonuses with the extra jobs without being snowed under with them.

Ps. I offer to show them before and after pictures which I can email should they require them - takes 2 mins on my iPhone and oldies love it

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 09:42:02 pm »
My pricing is a bit random.

I take a look how long i think it will take and then i come up with a price based on 1. how much i think i can get away with for that particular customer. 2. how desperately i want the job (if i have time i might be a bit lower, if im really busy i probably dont really want the job so go in daft high)

So really it depends how i feel and if i want the job or not.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:00 pm »
I dont waste my time quoting them anymore , i like easy repeat windows and thats it !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 10:37:56 pm »
F/S/G jobs........... depends if its a regular window cleaning customer and how dirty/awkward they are....some i charge £10 for windows and then £50 for the F/S/G and clean both under an hour....

others i charge more for.non regular window cleaning customers (windows/f/s/g and conny roofs)£150+

i price up to earn £60-£80 an hour for add on jobs.....otherwise theres no point in doing them..there harder work than window cleaning and take you away from your normal routine window cleaning...
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:44 pm »
I generally avoid them as well but since I took a lad on to help me I find them a lot easier (half the work) but also more profitable.

for example I charged £50 per hour for a 4 hour hour job so £200.

With laddo helping me I get £200 in 2 hours and pay him £16 which means my hourly profit is now £92!

Not only that but I'm not completely knackered and can get on with some windows.

Doing a 4 hour fsg job solo and I would be ready for bed after.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 02:05:55 pm »
I look at it from what I can earn over and above what I’d earn from the Windows,if it’s gonna work out around the same I wouldn’t do it or I wouldn’t quote it for that amount that makes no sense to me,the only time I’ve ever priced like that is when I’ve said I’ll clean them on a wet day. It’s harder work than Windows I would want at least 50% on top of what I’d get doing Windows only.

Clean Cloth

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »
I dont waste my time quoting them anymore , i like easy repeat windows and thats it !

I can see your point if you have a full window cleaning round.
Is it possible that if you decline your customer a quote for FSG they might look elsewhere and they could then take your window cleaning job from you.

I am building my round and I got the impression that these 2 customers were more interested in getting their FSG cleaned than their windows.

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 05:21:54 pm »

I can see your point if you have a full window cleaning round.
Is it possible that if you decline your customer a quote for FSG they might look elsewhere and they could then take your window cleaning job from you.

I am building my round and I got the impression that these 2 customers were more interested in getting their FSG cleaned than their windows.

It is possible that i could lose the job , but then that would be seen by me as a non loyal custie which i dont want anyway !
Also these 2 custies you have will drop you as soon as you have done the FSG mark my words , just price it very high and make it worth your while  ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Clean Cloth

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »
I think you are correct in that these 2 customers just wanted the one off clean and had no intention of being
regular customers. Well I did [rice the FSG high.

May I ask how many months/years it took you to build your round to the point where you could pick and choose your customers?

At the moment I have an embarrassing 19 regular customers.

p1w1

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 06:19:33 pm »
I think you are correct in that these 2 customers just wanted the one off clean and had no intention of being
regular customers. Well I did [rice the FSG high.

May I ask how many months/years it took you to build your round to the point where you could pick and choose your customers?

At the moment I have an embarrassing 19 regular customers.
Nothing embarrassing about that we all have to start somewhere ..How long it takes depends on yourself really get out there and knock on doors and leaflet or even employ a canvasser or look to see if you can buy any work, if you dont it will take forever. Your coming up to a good time of year to really start building your customer base.
However it does take many years to sort through the messers, bad payers etc and have a full round of nearly perfect customers.

Dane

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
Spot on by P1, get yourself out there and you will succeed pal... it’s crazy how you pick customers up once you start door knocking. Sometimes you will have bad days then others you will get a random call from a landlord with a few houses or as I once did, a lady answered and her words were along the lines of
“Actually I am looking for a window cleaner and there is a few of us who like to all use the same contracte for works” - next thing she gave me 12 customers on her street who wanted my services as she was the local busy body organiser