This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

Franchise or employ?
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:53 pm »
I need some experienced opinions on this as I need to make a move asap.

I did try employing last year and the guy let me down, put me off that slightly.

I am considering an Ian Lancaster franchise package but could do with knowing more.

Help please guys.

Perfect Windows

Re: Franchise or employ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:25:46 pm »
Employ: take on the hassle of dealing with people whose highest aim in life is to be an employed window cleaner. Reap big rewards in return for the hassle.

Franchise: take on people who are capable, have probably realised that being employed is not all it's cracked out to be and are looking for self-employment with the risk taken out.  Reap far smaller rewards for the lack of hassle.

Give me a shout if you wish.  Contact details all over our website.

Vin

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:36 pm »
Franchise: take on people who are capable, have probably realised that being employed is not all it's cracked out to be and are looking for self-employment with the risk taken out.  Reap far smaller rewards for the lack of hassle.

Have you ever had franchisees want to buy themselves out of the franchise so they can set up on their own?

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:08:31 pm »
My thoughts are.

Up to the vat threshold employ. Over the vat threshold franchise. That's purely based on my own figures and calculations.

I've got a part time lad at the minute and although he's not bad at all it still is hassle.

2 vans to look after, 2 lots of equipment to sort out, fix and replace. Customer complaints to deal with etc.

Like anything there's a trade-off to it.

If you have an employee work with you from the van you can keep an eye on him but the trade off is you earn less.

Have him out on his own and you earn more but his knows what he is up to or breaking.

Life eh.

Stay a sole trader, save all the hassle but still be cleaning windows until you die.

Choices, choices

Perfect Windows

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:06 pm »

Have you ever had franchisees want to buy themselves out of the franchise so they can set up on their own?

Not yet.

Vin