This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

premier window cleaners

WARNING
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:47:05 pm »
If you want to work for free, work for this company

tangiblecleaning Mod note: Modded to remove website address as virus warning comes up.

Don’t pay you, even after calling 3 times and promised to call back in 1/2hr, no one ever does.
Doesn’t respond to lawyers letters.
Here’s taking it to the next level!

You’ve been warned!

Simon Trapani

Re: WARNING
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:52:48 pm »
I like how they spell 'Restaurant' on their website!

Thanks for the heads up.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:31 pm »
When doing business with these companies it pays to do some due diligence  1st.

Checked companies house on this one, on two occasions there was a note for a compulsory strike off, which is worrying.

I wouldnt have done business with them until i had satisfied my investigations on why.

Compulsory strike offs normally occour due to insolvent trading. But can also be for failing to file accounts, having too much debt, or taking too much out of the company too soon leaving a debt on the directors loan account that the company cannot settle.

Classic example of this company starts up with loan from bank, secured on purchase orders from new clients; directors extract that money in wages and directors loans but take too much, often unintentionally, then the cash flow from the purchase orders doesn't come in quickly enough, or even not at all (order gets cancelled) and hay presto, one company gone to the wall with large debts.

It happens alot, and its becouse the directors normally get over exited about winning work, spend the money and dont act with care.

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:31:43 pm »
Don't open the website, viruses on it.

Robert2k

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:13 pm »
Don't open the website, viruses on it.

What a nice company.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 09:12:07 pm »
When doing business with these companies it pays to do some due diligence  1st.

Checked companies house on this one, on two occasions there was a note for a compulsory strike off, which is worrying.

I wouldnt have done business with them until i had satisfied my investigations on why.

Compulsory strike offs normally occour due to insolvent trading. But can also be for failing to file accounts, having too much debt, or taking too much out of the company too soon leaving a debt on the directors loan account that the company cannot settle.

Classic example of this company starts up with loan from bank, secured on purchase orders from new clients; directors extract that money in wages and directors loans but take too much, often unintentionally, then the cash flow from the purchase orders doesn't come in quickly enough, or even not at all (order gets cancelled) and hay presto, one company gone to the wall with large debts.

It happens alot, and its becouse the directors normally get over exited about winning work, spend the money and dont act with care.

I think you are in  The wrong job mark if you can find out all that about a company you should be in some sort of advisory role to buisness I wouldn’t have a clue how to find that kind of thing out

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:41:39 pm »
Well you know where i am..lol

Seriously though, all this information is in the public domain. You don't need to be a super duper business guru, or some kind of business hot shot.

When doing business with new contacts, if they are of LTD liability just check up on companies house beforehand:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Type in the company name, and/or/both if possible the registered company number. It has to match exactly, so for example in my case "Bramar Ltd" is my registered company, but there is also a "Bramar Limited" which is a dissolved company nothing to do with me so make sure you have the correct details.

You can search for all sorts of stuff, from late filings & fines (sign of a badly organised company, if they cant file on time its likely you will get tardy payments), to charging orders on stock and goodwill (money issues) and disqualified directors. You can check CCJ's, court judgement, and even view the balance sheet. If you wanted to you can even order a copy of their full accounts, but there is a fee for that and you have to request it, and i'm not sure but the company can refuse to show you..don't quote me on that though..its my current understanding.

Many of these companies that deal with sole traders know that most do not bother to check companies house, but trust me when you go back to them armed with their dirty laundry before agreeing any kind of business deal its amazing what terms you can come back with, and it sets you apart from the majority of sole traders that deal with them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:02 pm »

Seriously though, all this information is in the public domain. You don't need to be a super duper business guru, or some kind of business hot shot.

When doing business with new contacts, if they are of LTD liability just check up on companies house beforehand:

Type in the company name, and/or/both if possible the registered company number. It has to match exactly, so for example in my case "Bramar Ltd" is my registered company, but there is also a "Bramar Limited" which is a dissolved company nothing to do with me so make sure you have the correct details.

You can search for all sorts of stuff, from late filings & fines (sign of a badly organised company, if they cant file on time its likely you will get tardy payments), to charging orders on stock and goodwill (money issues) and disqualified directors. You can check CCJ's, court judgement, and even view the balance sheet. If you wanted to you can even order a copy of their full accounts, but there is a fee for that and you have to request it, and i'm not sure but the company can refuse to show you..don't quote me on that though..its my current understanding.

Many of these companies that deal with sole traders know that most do not bother to check companies house, but trust me when you go back to them armed with their dirty laundry before agreeing any kind of business deal its amazing what terms you can come back with, and it sets you apart from the majority of sole traders that deal with them.

So how does all this work with data protection ? How come this information is available to all and sundry ? Ime in the Fireservice and we arnt allowed to have staff details on the office notice board not Evan names and phone numbers all has to be locked away in a filing cabinet which only the rank have access to : same with the shouts we go on no personal details like names and address ages or details of the incident are to be left out where they can be seen by anyone . Same with accident reporting long gone are the days when you could look in the accident book at what has happened to someone : so how are people allowed to access the information from company’s house , as most don’t need to have that information given to them : this isn’t a dig it’s a genuine question there doesn’t seam to be any continuity with what information should or should not be available to all : when my mother was alive she suffered from dementia and altshimers I had a very difficult time getting any information from the doctors they didn’t want to talk to me about her medical conditions it was only after I got medical power of atourny that they changed there attitude the whole data protection thing seams a real nightmare to me 😬😬😬😬😬 

Delta

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 07:26:03 am »
We ask for payment before we clean on all commercial jobs.

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 07:44:02 am »

So how does all this work with data protection ? How come this information is available to all and sundry ? Ime in the Fireservice and we arnt allowed to have staff details on the office notice board not Evan names and phone numbers all has to be locked away in a filing cabinet which only the rank have access to : same with the shouts we go on no personal details like names and address ages or details of the incident are to be left out where they can be seen by anyone . Same with accident reporting long gone are the days when you could look in the accident book at what has happened to someone : so how are people allowed to access the information from company’s house , as most don’t need to have that information given to them : this isn’t a dig it’s a genuine question there doesn’t seam to be any continuity with what information should or should not be available to all : when my mother was alive she suffered from dementia and altshimers I had a very difficult time getting any information from the doctors they didn’t want to talk to me about her medical conditions it was only after I got medical power of atourny that they changed there attitude the whole data protection thing seams a real nightmare to me 😬😬😬😬😬

Becouse when you start up a Ltd Company, by nature the information HAS to be in the public domain.

When you become a director, you are accountable for the company, and its a public record. Sole traders are not and remain private.

Don Kee

Re: WARNING New
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 07:59:01 am »

You’re talking about an individuals personal details. Limited companies are a different thing.

As a sole trader, you are the “business” if you will, so if any details were published would be your personal earnings etc... which is why they aren’t published.
Limited is a seperate enitity, it’s a business/company not a person. (You’d then turn into an employee of the ltd company) Therefore any details published are the business accounts and not the individual employees.

It’s the difference between finding out your personal wages, or how much the actual firestation brings in.