Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Reality Check BBC Radio 2
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:43:36 pm »
Just having my sandwich, and as usual listening to Jeremy Vine about the government announcement of an upto 16 percent wage increase over the next 6 years  for nhs nurses. All after 10 years of osteririty.

Turns out its all a bit crafty, the majority of nurses are either working as a contractor for a private firm which means it's thier profit making emoyer that decides thier pay, or they are making nurses take extra unpaid leave to qualify.

So before you start culling customers and hicking prices, have a little ponder first.

Have a good afternoon

Shrek

Re: Reality Check BBC Radio 2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:53:09 pm »
....says the man who works 4 days a week and earns 50k.....  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »
i put prices up when i see fit...last year i put some up solely to pay for my van rental....other years ive put them up in the middle of a recession......ive never lost more than 2 or 3 customers each time(out of 150-200 price rises)...

as for the NHS staff well its none of my business.i dont work for them and im not likely to so i dont really care what their pay rise is or isnt......just being honest marc....... :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »
I dont actually understand the post marc.

Nurses are getting a pay rise but i cant work out what your point is, i think ive missed something lol

Are you saying we should or shouldnt be putting prices up because nurses are getting a rise?

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
So the BBC are saying that "austerity" is over now...wish the'yd told me ? ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:50:09 pm »

I dont earn 50k its 49600 odd and thats my turnover not my wages.

james peters

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 05:52:08 pm »
my partner is a renal nurse
our conversation tonight

her    "how was your day? "
me   "was ok . one of those days , a first clean and rounding up an unfinished area etc.   how was yours?

her     was ok   but a patient on the ward died!!

puts it in perspective

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 05:55:06 pm »
I dont actually understand the post marc.

Nurses are getting a pay rise but i cant work out what your point is, i think ive missed something lol

Are you saying we should or shouldnt be putting prices up because nurses are getting a rise?

It was just a post to get convo going.

James Peters. Nice to see you posting. As well as jonny

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 05:58:18 pm »
A nurse left a bad review on my facebook! so f*** her if she doesn't get the pay rise, but then another nurse left a good review so good luck to her!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »
ironically for me since the 2008 financial crisis my business has gone from strength to strength.ive put my prices up 4 times in 10 years.....and picked up much better paying work...

when lots of people had it good in the 90s and early noughties i was in the depths of despair (literally)at times and in debt and really struggled to keep everything together...how times have changed.....

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:15:58 pm »

Exactly my point - your telling us to have a good think before putting our prices up. And that’s coming from one of the highest earners on ciu  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 08:09:01 pm »
Turns out its all a bit crafty, the majority of nurses are either working as a contractor for a private firm which means it's thier profit making emoyer that decides thier pay, or they are making nurses take extra unpaid leave to qualify.
I'm struggling with this bit  ???
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

JandS

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:34:57 pm »
If they're working for a private contractor then it's tough sh*t.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »

Exactly my point - your telling us to have a good think before putting our prices up. And that’s coming from one of the highest earners on ciu  ;D

thats for 2 of them too(marc and his missus take a wage)plus he wont earn that when he takes off holidays/time off/xmas/bad weather etc.....(these all eat into your annual turnover on a spreadsheet/round software app) plus he lives in a very expensive part of the country........hes probably only just marginally better off than being on the dole.....

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 07:13:58 pm »

thats for 2 of them too(marc and his missus take a wage)plus he wont earn that when he takes off holidays/time off/xmas/bad weather etc.....(these all eat into your annual turnover on a spreadsheet/round software app) plus he lives in a very expensive part of the country........hes probably only just marginally better off than being on the dole.....

I thinks he’s a lot better off than £73.10 a week! (Dole money)
I did think that later on that 50k between 2 of them isn’t great

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »
They deserve a pay rise. I have a lot of customers who are nurses and doctors so it suits me fine

Marc Stock

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 07:24:31 pm »

I thinks he’s a lot better off than £73.10 a week! (Dole money)
I did think that later on that 50k between 2 of them isn’t great

Let me just inject here fellas.

We, by choice take a small wage from the business. My wife does the paperwork bit, i do the graft bit, we both get around 1100 per month on paye which is enough for our bills. The rest of the money stays in the business. This is significantly more than dole money as Dazmond seems to think.

On top of our salaries If i want to draw down from profits i can, and have done so £6000 for various bits and bobs, the majority of that is tax free (upto 5000) so i have pretty much extracted 32k in total this year in combined wages and dividend withdrawals.

Dazmond my actual turnover this year is going to be around 46k, and my customer list is now at 49k.

Marc Stock

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 07:25:40 pm »
They deserve a pay rise. I have a lot of customers who are nurses and doctors so it suits me fine

Exactly m8

robert mitchell

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 07:27:58 pm »
I have no idea what the original poster was on about with pricing windows .......but the nurses pay rise is 6.5% over 3 years so still less than inflation , in effect still a pay cut in real terms after around 8 years of real terms pay cuts ......and they are losing a days holiday , it’s a joke and I hope they tell the government to stuff it .

They are not mostly working for private contractors .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

windowswashed

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 07:36:39 pm »
The main reason there is a shortage of nurses is because they closed the aftercare hospitals where patients get proper rest bite from surgery, etc, then they lose the local nurses because they don't wish to relocate to bigger, main hospitals so temporary agency workers have to fill their positions on three times the wage of a regular nurse, crazy. Agency workers don't want to go on the the books as regular staff and take a massive pay cut.