This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Fiberdyne question for 450gpd RO
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:17:46 pm »
So my Ro came from pure freedom and standard 3 pre filters.  When i bought the diy system it came with a box of spare prefilters but I learnt about the fiberdyne filter and have been using them as well.  So  sediment filter, carbon block and then fiberdyne. Yes I understand its over kill but I had a stash of spare prefilters to use.
My water pressure by the time it has gone through the prefilters is down to 34psi and so I use a booster pump before the membranes.

Now im sorting my RO and taking off the three Chambers and just using one seperate chamber with a fiberdyne filter instead. I know they do the job of all three filters but this will be the first time im using just the one filter and wondered if anyone else on here is doing the same.   Just one prefilter: fiberdyne and then the RO?  How have you found it to be?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

Re: Fiberdyne question for 450gpd RO
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:22:55 pm »
For what they cost (couple of quid from gardiners) i would stick a sediment filter before it. its amazing how much stuff they filter out the water. Also i found at my old lock up now and again when they flush the mains system you can get a load of muddy looking water through sometimes, just helps protect the fibredyne filter a bit more.

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:31 pm »
Stick a sediment filter infront of the fiberdyne. Will help prolong the fiberdyne that way and sediment filters are cheap as chips.

(I could technically use the one before the 4040 but was advised by Doug @ daqua to use a sediment as well.)

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »
Cheers chaps, i was kinda thinking that with the sediment filter as everytime I come to change it, im completely put off drinking tap water for several days.
The only reason i was thinking if skipping it, was to help with the waterpressure
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

andyM

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:57:01 pm »
I've only ever used a single Fibredyne filter before my 4040 in the 4 1/2 years I've had it.
Everything seems alwight!
One of the Plebs

Den68

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 07:44:56 am »
So my Ro came from pure freedom and standard 3 pre filters.  When i bought the diy system it came with a box of spare prefilters but I learnt about the fiberdyne filter and have been using them as well.  So  sediment filter, carbon block and then fiberdyne. Yes I understand its over kill but I had a stash of spare prefilters to use.
My water pressure by the time it has gone through the prefilters is down to 34psi and so I use a booster pump before the membranes.

I have been using fiberdyne for the last year, I don't use prefilter at all I have no sediment in my water even though it's high Tds my prefilters  always look brand new when changing so now don't bother, but if your unsure I would suggest using one.
Now im sorting my RO and taking off the three Chambers and just using one seperate chamber with a fiberdyne filter instead. I know they do the job of all three filters but this will be the first time im using just the one filter and wondered if anyone else on here is doing the same.   Just one prefilter: fiberdyne and then the RO?  How have you found it to be?

windowswashed

Re: Fiberdyne question for 450gpd RO New
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 07:20:50 pm »
Fibredyne filter has been the best replacement filter to date, beats all the rest for protecting RO. Replaced my 4040 RO membrane last January and it's not even budged on the TDS reading since fitting it thanks to Fibredyne filter before RO.