This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Wow
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:01:18 pm »
Just had a chat with a fellow window cleaner who is traditional. A top bloke who ive known for some years and if we see each other in an area we would have a quick chat.
We were just talking difference of my wfp and his trad and it was mentioned that these houses he would happily charge £6 for the house.  Now i charge a tenner for these and yes i think they should be more. But he was saying that im bound to be more because of equipment n running costs etc, yet I was saying the opposite. Since doing wfp I would charge a whole lot more to clean trad because it takes longer and the risk/issues of ladders.
But wow, I knew others were cheaper than me in this area, just didnt think it was that cheap.
Haha, if i start loosing some I guess i will know why
(but I do know he does a good job trad and has a couple of lads with him so can knock these houses out in no time.)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

Re: Wow
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:01:34 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Elfyn

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:30:49 pm »
I would charge, for the house in the pic, between 15 and 20 quid - depending on what was at the back.
If it has a conservatory it would be more.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:35:33 pm »
I would charge, for the house in the pic, between 15 and 20 quid - depending on what was at the back.
If it has a conservatory it would be more.

Yep.
However this thread isnt about how much others may charge but perhaps how low you would charge  ;D ;D
As not wanting to start a price thread because theres so much variables between one place and another.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:49:34 pm »
Its always some "old" fella doing this kind of cheap work. We have one in our area that is 70 years old and his prices are still in the year 2000.

There is another guy "glass scratcher I call him as that's the general complaint about him, he will do a £15 bungalow with larger conny for £4. I have watched him work and doesn't even carry a cloth, he just soaps with one hand and blades with the other then walks away.

They are a dying bread, we no longer have window cleaning rounds anymore its all window cleaning business's nowadays.

These are just time warped individuals that are lingering on.

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 03:57:23 pm »
Oh and....£12.00

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 04:24:08 pm »
132 Window Cleaning Issues / Wow, some prices
« on: February 26, 2018, 01:43:48 pm »

Got talking to this chap n his boss. Doing first cleans on a new building site for the builder and we were saying how stupid the design is for cleaning windows. (see other post)
Hes from Osset way and so he says he has 800customers that way and we got talking online payments etc, he dont seem too convinced by it.
But then he was telling me to put flyers round here but i said i werent interested as most dont want to pay as they get hit by the cheap brigade first.
Then he said something i had to bite my tongue on.
He said because hes trad he charges only £6 a house!!
(yes ive had some houses at 7 but they are front cleans not a full house.)
But why does he feel that he should charge low being trad because ofnot using wfp? If anything it should be more expensive. If a customer really wants me to use trad, i would charge 50% more than wfp.
What about you guys

Its like Groundhog day when it comes to Nathan.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »
Its sweet how you remember my posts  ;D ;D

Still, it never ceases to amaze me. Im sure i may have posted about it in the past, how my brother in law worked on windows with a chap who was only charging £3,50   for houses that should be a min of £18.....just to keep competition out!  But thats alot of houses to be cleaned to make some decent money, why not heavily increase their prices, clean less houses and make more money or same money for doing less and let competition in.
Competition can be healthy for businesses
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
These trad boys who think they’re doing well because they have lower overheads need to give their heads a wobble.

£6 for that place. What a prat!

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 05:38:18 pm »
Just had a chat with a fellow window cleaner who is traditional. A top bloke who ive known for some years and if we see each other in an area we would have a quick chat.
We were just talking difference of my wfp and his trad and it was mentioned that these houses he would happily charge £6 for the house.  Now i charge a tenner for these and yes i think they should be more. But he was saying that im bound to be more because of equipment n running costs etc, yet I was saying the opposite. Since doing wfp I would charge a whole lot more to clean trad because it takes longer and the risk/issues of ladders.
But wow, I knew others were cheaper than me in this area, just didnt think it was that cheap.
Haha, if i start loosing some I guess i will know why
(but I do know he does a good job trad and has a couple of lads with him so can knock these houses out in no time.)

Sounds like he's got it sorted.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 06:09:39 pm »
The couple of lads he's got with him will also want wages, I don't understand how he makes any money?

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 06:22:11 pm »
Its crazy what some will charge.

whilst £6 is too low im equally amazed anyone can charge £20 for that house, assuming its 3 -4 windows o th back thats a 10 minute job.

i would be £10-£12

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 07:00:41 pm »
The couple of lads he's got with him will also want wages, I don't understand how he makes any money?

No offence but don’t be thick...

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 07:22:48 pm »

whilst £6 is too low im equally amazed anyone can charge £20 for that house, assuming its 3 -4 windows o th back thats a 10 minute job.

i would be £10-£12

Agree👍
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 07:45:37 pm »
i picked up a trad lads job a few months ago...he was charging £25 i charge £65(and it takes me an hour to clean including driving to and from the job).

i also clean a property that he was charging £8-50 for (i charge £30)....

i have picked up loads of  jobs over the last 10 years from the very cheap trad guys(who ive known for years by the way)..they are truly stuck in the dark ages.....and still driving around in old bangers just about scratching a living together.......been there,done that....you wise up eventually(well some of us do)....
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:43 pm »

No offence but don’t be thick...
In other words he’s paying £50 a day cash in hand. Probably.

tlwcs

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 08:45:40 pm »

i would be £10-£12

They probably asked/quoted £20 and the customer thought that was a fair price. Now providing the service he provides is regular, he's cheery and the clean is good, both parties are happy.
I've never understood how other window cleaners say others charge too much.
Tony

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 09:12:13 pm »

i would be £10-£12

They probably asked/quoted £20 and the customer thought that was a fair price. Now providing the service he provides is regular, he's cheery and the clean is good, both parties are happy.
Tony

Whilst there is an element of truth  to what you are saying I think its more to do with area and the local market.

I'm sure there someone out there in the far north doing these for a fiver gobsmacked I can get £10 .

I'm not saying anyone charging £20 (down south) is charging too much I just find it amazing how prices vary so much up and down the country for the same job.

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 09:45:13 pm »
They are a dying bread, we no longer have window cleaning rounds anymore its all window cleaning business's nowadays.

These are just time warped individuals that are lingering on.
They are just earning a crust. Making a butty.
Don't get a cob on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 07:42:37 am »

i would be £10-£12

Tony

Whilst there is an element of truth  to what you are saying I think its more to do with area and the local market.

I'm sure there someone out there in the far north doing these for a fiver gobsmacked I can get £10 .

I'm not saying anyone charging £20 (down south) is charging too much I just find it amazing how prices vary so much up and down the country for the same job.

if you had to pay the ridiculous amounts of rent or mortgage payments in some parts of the south you d have to charge at least double or triple what you currently charge or you d be homeless.......
price higher/work harder!