This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L plate

problems with microfibre
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:51 pm »
Hi all
I was using my new blue micro fibre from Ettore today and as I was polishing off. I started noticing small blue fibres on the glass. :(

I used my scrim to polish these off.
Is this normal or am I using it incorrectly.
It seems pointless polishing and detailing twice. ???

Thank Lplate  :)

KJG

Re: problems with microfibre
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:12:11 pm »
Hmm, that's a bugger. I was going to order some blue Ettore micros this week. Were they terry or flat weave?

L plate

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:01:35 pm »
One side is flat the other side seems raised and softer
It’s the Ettore microwipes I just bought one to see what they were like.  :-\

will washed it tonight and will try it again tomorrow.

Hopping someone could advise me as a lot on here seem to be well pleased with them.

Lplate

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:27:37 pm »
I always use them ever so slightly damp, I use a garden spray mister bottle and give them a couple of spray squirts only, then roll them between my thighs.......err hands  :)    Dont ever wash them with fabric conditioner.

L plate

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:53:18 pm »
hi jeff

did you see the welsh news tonight. money being thrown in the air and me the wrong side of town doing a £5.00 job ??? ???

£5000 to £20000 thay say. the police have asked for the money to be returned i can see the Q outside the police station from here. ;D ;D ;D

Lplate

Lee.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:31 am »
Hi Lplate

I don't know about the ettore range of microcloths, I get mine from window cleaning warehouse (their own brand) and the only problem I have with them is trying to keep them on my shoulder, they fly off with the slightest breeze. Other than that they are brilliant. I use them all the time, excellent for leads.

never experienced the problem you have, maybe ettore had a bad batch.

Lee

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:10:23 pm »
I use the unger giant microfibre cloths and all i can say is there excellent and just the right size.
Forget the small ones they are a pain.

About a year ago i brought a couple of those small blue ones from B&Q and what a load of rubbish they were.
For a start they were far to small.

A few months back i thought i will try the giant unger ones and im glad i did.

My scrim is now used for the frames and sill.

Paul

KJG

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:39 pm »
I use the unger giant microfibre cloths and all i can say is there excellent and just the right size.
Forget the small ones they are a pain.

About a year ago i brought a couple of those small blue ones from B&Q and what a load of rubbish they were.
For a start they were far to small.

A few months back i thought i will try the giant unger ones and im glad i did.

My scrim is now used for the frames and sill.

Paul

Don't knock the old scrim too much, it comes in to its own on rough commercial work. Did an old Victorian factory last week with lovely rusting iron frames. My microfibre was wrecked within ten minutes.

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:37:34 pm »
I agree scrim still does have its place and i always have some kept by just incase.
It will take a lot more abuse than microfibre.

Paul

L plate

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 10:48:21 pm »
Hi
I got my ettore micro fibre from window cleaning warehouse. :)

I’ll give their own brand a try and the Unger micro wipes a go as well

I had some success with the ettore wipe today detailing the window before I squeegeed they seem to pick up more water than the scrim. But the scrim finishes the best.

Lplate 

Mike George

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 07:06:26 am »
What is the advantage in having big ones (microfibres)?

I've never used a scrim but I've experimented with different microfibre cloths and I now use Morrisons own brand ones - pale yellow, about the size of an ordinary duster, sold as furniture cleaning cloths. They need to be washed a couple of times to get the loose fibres out, then they're nice and soft, soak up lots of water and dry out quickly in a denim pouch.
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog