Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Wich prespray
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:45:49 pm »
Which pre-spray do you use on wool handmade carpets? Im currently using Alltec chemicals but just wanted to also try a few of the prochem range to compare. Is Prochem Gold any good? thanks  :)

Aston Rayfield

Re: Wich prespray
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:05:09 pm »
 M power or SPM with acid rinse

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 09:02:30 am »
I can’t find the details of SPM online so somebody please correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t it high pH with an oxygen bleach?  If it is then I would only use it on a fine handmade woolen rug with caution even with an acidic rinse.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »
I can’t find the details of SPM online so somebody please correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t it high pH with an oxygen bleach?  If it is then I would only use it on a fine handmade woolen rug with caution even with an acidic rinse.

its a mix of phosphate and washing soda  ...and a bit of bleach .
These are things developed by P&G in the 40s as builders for the first versions of tide  ...   so its like 40s tide  :D
But worse ... cause its got no wetting agents ... so u have rub and scrub it into the carpet for it work at all .

I see solutions have a proper range of modern detergents now ... youd be better off those ...if you must .

Darran Pryce

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:04 am »
We find Pre Spray Gold by Prochem (wool safe) works a treat both on wool and man made fibres.  We always add acid rinse in the tank.