Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ONBcleaners

New machine needed for lifting up stairs
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:52 pm »
Hi All

Currently using a enforcer(400psi) to clean carpets with, but the machine is too heavy to be pulling up flights of stairs on your own. Does anybody use either Airflex storm 600psi or the alltec advance 600psi?

Need something light that we could pull up the stairs on our own

neil 47

Re: New machine needed for lifting up stairs
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:22:44 pm »
I have the storm , and just run it from outside , but if needed you can pull it upstairs when completely empty but wouldn’t want to do it regularly.

If it was for flats I’d use the mini which is a good machine
IICRC

ONBcleaners

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:01:59 pm »
Starting to get a lot of flats now where there's no lift in the building, pulling the enforcer up 5 flights is starting to take its course on the back.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:24:09 pm »
yeah , i spent a couple of years with just the enforcer ...  at least it will stair climb , but the back is too precious for that sort of hauling .  I then got a twinvac alltec express ( same as mini )  as neil mentioned above , its the answer alright ...  i wouldnt be without the enforcer for its large capacity and ability to stay outside in the rain ... but for awkward apts , the express/mini is a backsaver ,  also a lightweight tm3 compliments the smaller machines on those jobs .
I also ....  join the Enforcer and the express together for epic quad vac performance when needed .... all u got to do is add a port to side of the  enforcers waste  tank ....which is just drilling one hole , not as hard s it sounds ... the performance jump is big .
its easy to DIY but steembrite makes a suitable port connector here ...

http://www.steam-brite.com/clean-storm-universal-booster-port-self-install-20121008-p-8425.html

Emil Dinev

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 09:52:58 am »
John can you not just connect the express through the exhaust outlet at the back of the enforcer? I know this would mean 4 in series but by doing it your way do have 2 x 2 in series connected to each other in parallel? If so, is this more beneficial than the way i suggest?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 01:42:29 pm »
Hi ,yeah it's really worth it to do the two series in parallel .
In just series ...the time it takes for the  suction to reach its max is quite slow , every time u lift the wand it has to build up again .
Where as if you add the port and put each series machine in parallel u increase the airflow ...the result is the suction max rises almost instantly ....it's a much nicer suction to use.
So why not just use parallel u might ask ... parallel will have a fast suction rise ...but it doesn't have the hard vacuum pull on the carpet u get with both series /parallel .

For the sake of drilling a hole it's really worth it ...the steambrite link above is really for a vertical mount through a lid... Not practical for the enforcer ....the best spot is at the side near the top ... But u could use it , no need for the cage ...but it's just a couple tank bulkhead fittings and z cap u can source for a few £ from plumbing stores.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 01:54:58 pm »
Hmmm you got me thinking now , do I drill a whole in my nearly brand new Enforcer  ;D
I don't have an express but still keep my old power flit perfect heath which is also in series.

I am not sure i can execute this project though  ::)roll

john martin

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 02:10:44 pm »
You could use the powerflite ...
I'll find a couple of old pics of the hole drilling tonight and put them up here ...
As long as u test the hole size first on a piece of light wood board ...
Nothing can go wrong :v

john martin

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 09:50:19 pm »
Hole making  ...

john martin

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 09:56:21 pm »
in the first pic see the tiny hole drilled is roughly in the middle of that panel section  ...

you can get just about all u need from here .... tank connector ....then toggle for end cap
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PP-Tank-Adaptors-Tank-Connectors-BSP-Pipe-Fittings-Polypropylene-Plumbing-Water/112209263828?hash=item1a20317cd4:m:m6uWB5RODTc1kdU9W0ITFHQ

or just search bsp tank connector on ebay

neil 47

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 01:45:09 pm »
Always wondered what that was on the back of the storm waste tank

;D
IICRC

Nobby

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »
Neil, the port on the back of the Storm waste tank is for the auto drain pipe.  I recommend having a look at it, for £35 it’s a great addition when you’re doing big work.

Paul Clapham

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 01:05:18 pm »
if that's a brand new machine , will it not invalidate your warranty ?
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

john martin

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 11:55:54 pm »
if that's a brand new machine , will it not invalidate your warranty ?
making the port ?  probably , it would give them an extra excuse to get out of honoring it anyway ...
The benefits of getting the job done easier /better would outweight it for most id say .