Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Hi all

Does anyone have knowledge of the CFR PRO 500 portable recycling machine or know anyone near me that fixes machines ( I'm in Derbyshire ) the pump/motor and vac set up is like the powrflite pfx1350.

Cleaning today and pump just suddenly stopped.

It had plenty of water so the float switch hadn't cut out and the main filter was clean.

Have split the pump and motor and although grubby the bearing spins and the shaft in the pump can be moved by hand.

Now started looking at the elects side ( we are not elec experts here ) but there are only 2 wires from the pump motor ( 1 x red and 1 x  black ) the red one leads to what appears to be a relay behind the hour meter and the black one goes directly to the pump power switch.

Try as we might we cannot get a live feed from the red wire???

We have eliminated a faulty float switch by cutting the wire feeding this switch and re joining them again ( as advised by Amtech UK )

Been at it all morning now and totally baffled.

If anyone has any suggestions or can recommend a guy ( within 40 miles of Chesterfield ideally ) I'd be very grateful, gonna need a hire machine too as still catching up from the disruption caused by the snow. 😭

Many thanks
Paul

john martin

Re: CFR PRO 500 Pump stopped working mid job struggling to rectify
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:10:50 pm »
impossible for anyone to diagnose the issue remotely  , like u said u will have to find someone to physically troubleshoot it ...
however , if it was me ... and i was stuck , i would bypass anything like the relay ( no absolute need for it ) and get a power source direct to the pump any way u can for now ... even from the vaccum  circuit .

Gary Webber

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:30 am »
Hi,

Did you rectify the problem with your CFR?  Sometimes the filter has become blocked, or the solution level has dropped and the machine struggles.

Sometimes you have to re-purge the pump via the small length of hose.

It can be quite a simple thing rather than the pump itself.

Regards  Gary

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:45:30 am »
I've got a CFR and early on quite a few wires would burn out and have to be replaced with thicker ones.  Have you checked the ends of all the wires responsible for the pump?  How many hours on the machine?