Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James-G

Using a Neutral PH Pre-Spray
« on: March 10, 2018, 05:28:27 pm »
If using a Neutral (7) PH pre-spray from a pressure sprayer, then agitating it into the carpet, letting it dwell, can you rinse extract using just warm water in your machine? or do you still need to use a rinse/extract solution?
J&R Carpet Cleaning Services Northampton
www.carpetcleanernorthampton.co.uk

Robin Ray

Re: Using a Neutral PH Pre-Spray
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:39:22 pm »
From a ph perspective yes. However from a cleaning perspective it may be advantageous to use a rinse or detergent to give a better result. Generally neutral presprays are less effective on heavy soils. Depending on the soil type of course.
Products like Fiber and Fabric rinse from prochem are not just a neutralizing agent they also have cleaning ability too. Another good product that does the same is Chemspec liquid High heat.

James-G

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 05:47:38 pm »
Thanks Robin, yes i have used prochem fibre fabric rinse before but just been wary of using anything but warm water in my machine.  Do you think prochem prespray gold and prochem fibre fabric rinse is the best combination? along with a little liquid defoamer in the waste water tank? I should add that I use a Sebo Duo for agitating

James-G

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:00:40 pm »
Robin, have you seen this product.....Chemspec One Earth Carpet Cleaner & Prespray Powder from Restormate?

James-G

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:35:52 pm »
Robin, Ive decided to go for 'Up & Out' as this way there is no need for a separate rinse agent and also from the same supplier have decided to try the  'Unbelievable Spotter' have you tried this? 

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 08:00:41 pm »
I have tried Unbelievable spotter to tell you the truth it was a while back now so I cant really remember what it was like.

With Up and Out i recommend using it at full strength which is 12.5 ml per litre. Let us know how you get on with it.

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 08:01:54 pm »
Robin, have you seen this product.....Chemspec One Earth Carpet Cleaner & Prespray Powder from Restormate?

Yes I have tried that, it used to be called DFC 210 its ok but there are better product imo.

James-G

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 08:09:56 pm »
Robin, pardon my ignorance but you say to use at full strength 12.5ml/litre, if this is a powder how would you measure it? does it come with a measuring scoop in the tub? I have a 8L pressure sprayer so usually make up around 5L of pre-spray at a time

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 08:52:54 pm »
Robin, pardon my ignorance but you say to use at full strength 12.5ml/litre, if this is a powder how would you measure it? does it come with a measuring scoop in the tub? I have a 8L pressure sprayer so usually make up around 5L of pre-spray at a time

They don’t generally come with a mesuring spoon so I use a Prochem one they are 15ml. In 8L it would be 100ml so nearly 7 spoonfuls. 15ml is a standard tablespoon measure. So if you don’t have one you can get one from a kitchen shop .

James-G

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 11:39:19 pm »
Robin, what would you recommend for a good all round Stain Spotter? I was thinking of getting 5L of Unbelievable Spotter at the same time as Up & Out, I like the sound of Unbelievable Spotter because again it has a Neutral PH

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 09:43:11 am »
With spot and stain removers you need to match the chemical being used to the stain type. Therefore a range of different spotters is generally needed to achieve the best results. If you manage to get on a course all of this is explained in a bit more detail.  One spotter I use virtually every day is citrus gel. It is a solvent spotter. The prespray normally takes care of 90% of marks and what is left is normally oil based so citrus gel works great.

Don't worry too much about being ph neutral all the time, sometimes you need to use the best chemical to sort the problem out. For example for rust marks you need a strong acid. The important thing is just to leave wool carpets in a neutral state when you are finished.

James-G

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53:03 am »
Thanks Robin,  which Citrus gel do you use? is it the Prochem one? when do you normally take care of spots? at which stage do you normally do it? I tend to do this after vacuuming. Ive noticed Prochem do Citrus Gel so might try that one, I already use other Prochem products and generally speaking have never had a problem with them.

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:45 pm »
You have some good questions James,

The best investment you can make at the moment is getting on a training course it will supply you with all the knowledge you need to really get going and make some money. It will answer all of the questions you have regarding procedure. It is difficult to answer all of these questions as there are so many different soil types on many different carpet types and the technique will vary depending on the situation. Only training and experience will give you the whole picture.

James-G

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 12:41:51 pm »
Your absolutely right Robin! Sorry for all questions!!  ::)roll

James-G

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 01:04:30 pm »
Sorry Robin, hope I didn't bug you with all my questions!!  ::)roll