This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

solid gooseneck
« on: March 10, 2018, 05:23:28 pm »
Yet again! Came to change my pole hose due to split hose and the gooseneck is solid. This also happened on my last pole. I had to smash the gooseneck with the hammer to remove it. Tried WD40 etc. When I got it out it was 2mm bigger. Gardiner said I should have contacted them first. I need it for Monday.
About time they used a metal shaft

Shrek

Re: solid gooseneck
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:28:37 pm »
Mines been stuck for ages now, luckily I don’t changed goosenecks

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 05:42:00 pm »
I did have some great hose for sale, red rhino hose, but....

Thank fully i dont need to change my gooseneck, because Ive got the same problem as you, its stuck solid.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:14 pm »
Had a few ideas on FB. Ice pack. HOT water. Ram from inside up. I cant do that as I have uni valve. ...I could if I disconnected from pole and slid it out of bottom

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:33:19 pm »
Mine is also stuck tight, I just leave it there.

I change my swivel from the top part of the gooseneck so its no bother.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:49 pm »
when you finally prise it off always use wd40(or similar)when refitting the offending gooseneck and dont push it in all the way so next time itll be easy......
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 06:18:42 pm »
when you finally prise it off always use wd40(or similar)when refitting the offending gooseneck and dont push it in all the way so next time itll be easy......
I find a dab of copperslip works better, or if you know its a tight fit just sand it down a bit as well.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:44 pm »
If a gooseneck has become jammed in the pole it is usually because of expansion of the part over time. This can especially happen if the gooseneck is older and has not been removed regularly for servicing and maintenance. The nylon on the goosenecks can absorb moisture over time and become slightly larger in diameter. On the occasional gooseneck with tighter manufacturing tolerances this can lead to a jammed gooseneck - which is a right pain.

When this happens please contact us straight away as we are able to advise on the best method for removal**.  If the gooseneck is under 12 months old, once removed, we can replace the base part of the gooseneck for you so that this does not happen again.

The latest versions of this gooseneck feature a base part with ribs that increase the strength of part, reduce the weight, but also help prevent the expansion that causes this issue.

** best method for removal is

1. Remove the gooseneck lever set and top part of the gooseneck.
    2. Remove the lever set in the top clamp of the pole.
    3. Extend the top section of the pole and get someone to firmly hold this section.
    4. Fit an adjustable spanner on the circular part of the gooseneck (see photo) and twist the gooseneck around.
    5. Once the gooseneck starts to turn you can also start to pull it outwards.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 07:30:34 pm »

Hi Dazmond

We would not recommend only partially fitting the gooseneck for use as this will put extra strain on the top clamp and could easily lead to the clamp breaking or coming away from the pole section.

It would be better to obtain a new base part from us and use the gooseneck fully inserted.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 08:28:31 pm »
And don't use WD40 on carbon fibre.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 08:17:22 am »
all my plastic goosenecks are a terrible fit for my gardiner poles.ill stick by my solution....

i push them in the pole quite far but NOT as far as the ribbed section on the top end of the gooseneck(just stopping short)as if you do push it all the way in itll be extra hard to twist off.keeping it well lubricated helps too....

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 08:55:38 am »
Yet again! Came to change my pole hose due to split hose and the gooseneck is solid. This also happened on my last pole. I had to smash the gooseneck with the hammer to remove it. Tried WD40 etc. When I got it out it was 2mm bigger. Gardiner said I should have contacted them first. I need it for Monday.
About time they used a metal shaft
This is just one reason I don't normally use the goosenecks.  I use the metal screw thread things and one of those old angle adaptors.  It's fine for quick release too if you have another brush already assembled with adaptor and pole hose with metal thread screwed in.  This may not work for everyone because I use pole hose externally - have done for years.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 06:47:02 pm »
the gardiner quikloc fittings are also pretty bad for getting stuck!normally i have to stand on a brush to get it out of the fitting when changing brushes!

ben M

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 08:45:16 pm »
the gardiner quikloc fittings are also pretty bad for getting stuck!normally i have to stand on a brush to get it out of the fitting when changing brushes!
me too, bloody nightmare! it's not quick-loq but takeages-loq!!

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 09:13:28 pm »
If a gooseneck has become jammed in the pole it is usually because of expansion of the part over time. This can especially happen if the gooseneck is older and has not been removed regularly for servicing and maintenance. The nylon on the goosenecks can absorb moisture over time and become slightly larger in diameter. On the occasional gooseneck with tighter manufacturing tolerances this can lead to a jammed gooseneck - which is a right pain.

When this happens please contact us straight away as we are able to advise on the best method for removal**.  If the gooseneck is under 12 months old, once removed, we can replace the base part of the gooseneck for you so that this does not happen again.

The latest versions of this gooseneck feature a base part with ribs that increase the strength of part, reduce the weight, but also help prevent the expansion that causes this issue.

** best method for removal is

1. Remove the gooseneck lever set and top part of the gooseneck.
    2. Remove the lever set in the top clamp of the pole.
    3. Extend the top section of the pole and get someone to firmly hold this section.
    4. Fit an adjustable spanner on the circular part of the gooseneck (see photo) and twist the gooseneck around.
    5. Once the gooseneck starts to turn you can also start to pull it outwards.

How do you service a plastic gooseneck? Would this stop it from expanding?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 07:50:05 am »

me too, bloody nightmare! it's not quick-loq but takeages-loq!!

Hi Ben & Dazmond

How old are the Quick-LoQ fittings you are having issues with? This really should not be the case with these items.

It is always good to contact us as soon as a part starts to become difficult to use as we then would have a  chance to rectify the issue for you under warranty.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 07:58:10 am »
This can especially happen if the gooseneck is older and has not been removed regularly for servicing and maintenance.

You do not need to service the gooseneck itself, other than cleaning, but as part of the regular pole servicing the pole should be taken apart every 2-3 months and this would include removing the gooseneck to clean out the pole.

If this is done regulalry it can help prevent the gooseneck becoming solidly jammed from being in the pole without being removed for a year or more.

Also if on a two or three month service it is found to be very difficult to remove (as opposed to jammed) then a client could contact us and we could replace the part for them whilst it is only a minor issue rather than having become totally stuck together with age and possible expansion.

As with any work tool it is a good idea to factor in a regular maintenance and checking program - perhaps creating a diarized schedule for carrying out certain servicing and checking of equipment.

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 08:07:58 am »
This can especially happen if the gooseneck is older and has not been removed regularly for servicing and maintenance.

You do not need to service the gooseneck itself, other than cleaning, but as part of the regular pole servicing the pole should be taken apart every 2-3 months and this would include removing the gooseneck to clean out the pole.

If this is done regulalry it can help prevent the gooseneck becoming solidly jammed from being in the pole without being removed for a year or more.

Also if on a two or three month service it is found to be very difficult to remove (as opposed to jammed) then a client could contact us and we could replace the part for them whilst it is only a minor issue rather than having become totally welded together with age and possible expansion.

As with any work tool it is a good idea to factor in a regular maintenance and checking program - perhaps creating a diarized schedule for carrying out certain servicing and checking of equipment.

Cheers , I bought mine in may last year and by July it was solidly stuck. Iv left it in ever since because I don’t want to break it and then not be able to work

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 08:28:40 am »

Cheers , I bought mine in may last year and by July it was solidly stuck. Iv left it in ever since because I don’t want to break it and then not be able to work

That is unusual to become stuck so quickly - this really needs to be replaced. If you use the above method the gooseneck will come apart. We can then send you a replacement part under warranty.

If you want to send the pole (or just the top section) back to us we will get the the workshop to remove this for you using this method and replace with a new gooseneck part - all at our cost under warranty.

andyM

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 08:41:47 am »
Mine is also stuck tight, I just leave it there.

I change my swivel from the top part of the gooseneck so its no bother.

^
Same
One of the Plebs