This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

farkam

How effective is Business Pages?
« on: June 21, 2006, 01:45:06 am »
so, How effective is Business Pages for you?

Do you get any calls from it? is it really worth to run advert in Business Pages comparing to Yellow Pages?
 ;)

cybersye

Re: How effective is Business Pages?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:16:12 am »
do you mean business pages as in phone book? I dont know but I've been offered a good deal from bt at a reduced price but for next years book ???I'd also be interested in what the rest of you think
Simon

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:48:31 am »
so, How effective is Business Pages for you?

Do you get any calls from it? is it really worth to run advert in Business Pages comparing to Yellow Pages?
 ;)

I get one or two enquiries a week from it.  I've only done a couple of one-offs so far though.  I've had quite a few ask for a quote but they insist on being in when I quote because there is no access.  I just tell them that if there is no access to quote then there won't be any access to clean the windows.  Some then try to persuade me that making an appointment every few weeks for a ten pound job is OK (I've grown bored with that conversation over the years).
One problem is that if people phone from a diectory for a quote, they are usually phoning others too.  Price always seems to be the main consideration and I don't do cheap.

marc al

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 05:35:10 pm »
   I haven't had a single call from it - that is why they offer you a really good deal - it is crap!!

I think your best bet is probably the Thompson Local if you want to spend money, other than that just put together a mailing list and spend your cash on printing letters and the postage.

Marc

D woods

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:13 pm »
Its crap

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:27:22 pm »
I see that a couple of people are calling it crap.  The only reason I've had enquiries is that I have set up call forwarding to my mobile.  I was wondering if D Woods and Marc al have forwarding too?  If it wasn't for the forwarding, I don't think I would have been aware of any enquiries either.
Also, I paid out for a three liner which may have helped (or may not).  So far, the outlay has been far higher than the work gained but it has 16 months to run yet.  I will reserve judgement until the 18 months are over.

paul mather

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:13:28 pm »
I have a one line advert in the Thomson Local which is free. From that I get the usual timewasters but have also got some good work as well. 5 years ago I got a call from a new Premier Lodge Hotel that had just been built. Still doing it, less than 2 mins away from my house so even go home 4 lunch! Once a fortnight job, cash in hand and it pays my mortgage. Happy days!!
I think the line advert is free to anyone.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 05:59:40 pm »
I think perhaps the question you should ask yourself before you spend money on advertising is this; If I needed a particular service where would I look. I have to say I don't think it would be Business Pages. Probably more likely Thomson Local or Yellow Pages.
I have never paid for advertising and I'm not gonna start now.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »
Years ago i was duped into paying £440 for a business card advert in yellow pages.

I received about £50 back over the year.

I never advertise in these type of publications there are much better ways to advertise that bring in massive returns.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire