This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan R Clean

Priority system spend
« on: February 28, 2018, 08:22:29 pm »
When spending money on a full wfp van system what would you put the most money into?
1/Proper crash tested tank
2/ Heated water diesel unit
Ideally you would probably say both
Just wondered what your priority would be of the 2

Tris

Jonny 87

Re: Priority system spend
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:26:43 pm »
It’s got to be a bit of both,

You wouldnt want a diesel heated system if it was held in place with bluetac and rubber bands.

I’d go with a tank fitted correctly (spreader plates through the floor of the van) and a diesel heater system.

As opposed to a cold crash tested system.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

DeLuce

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:30:41 pm »
Well, I'm coming up to the time when I need to change my van.
One thing that has always concerned me since installing my own tank and system is the tank security in a crash. All that water right behind me!!! Scary proposition in a crash.
So, I've decided to get a crash tested fitted tank for a starter.
Also, There are two things that have made my working life easier and more pleasurable  :  warm /hot water and an electric reel. Oh and Xtreme poles. (That's three then  ;D)
So, seriously thinking of buying diesel hot water system.

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:45:34 pm »

You wouldnt want a diesel heated system if it was held in place with bluetac and rubber bands.

I’d go with a tank fitted correctly (spreader plates through the floor of the van) and a diesel heater system.

How can it be a bit of both? 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cookie

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:49:44 pm »
When spending money on a full wfp van system what would you put the most money into?

Tris

Do you mean a fully fitted setup from the likes of Grippatank, Ionics, Pure Freedom or Xline etc..?

Personally I think a crash tested tank is more important. However I don't know why none of these suppliers offer to fit an immersion rather than a diesel heater - would work out a lot cheaper....

Why not DIY it with a wydale tank, PF tank cage & fit your own immersion (or get a plumber to do the immersion bit for you!)

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:07:50 pm »
Neither really.

Would prefer to d.i.y and bolt in etc and get an immersion if wanting hot.

But out of your two choices I'd go with the safety first, can't use your diesel heater if you are dead.

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:14:23 pm »
Out of the two, I would spend the money on a crash tested system.
In the real world, I would spend the money on the van and a decent pole and brushes.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 10:36:06 pm »

Tris

a diesel hot water system is a luxury add on AFTER you ve got yourself a decent van with a suitable payload,crash tested frame and tank and decent carbon poles and brushes IMO......its nice to have but if money is tight forget it......
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:29 pm »

Tris

Plenty of feedback as regards heater units, not so much feedback for a systems abilty to cope with a crash ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 11:56:51 am »

You can’t really prioritise one “absolutely” over the other.

Rubbish system, but crash tested tank,

Or

Tank held in with bluetac and then an all bells and whistles system.

Has to be a comprimise;

Meet the safety requirements, and then spend the rest on the system.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dd

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 12:41:08 pm »

Or

Has to be a comprimise;

What is a "Rubbish System"?

We are only dealing with a pump, controller, battery to feed water to a hose reel. Not really rocket science is it.

Any company who has invested money to produce a crash tested system will get the simpler aspects right also.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »
Get a basic setup but make sure you get hot water,IMO hot water is essential just look at things at the moment as far as the weather goes. Plug into tank on frost mode and forget it no need to worry about anything freezing,I checked the van this morning tank pump and reel all nice and warm but the bucket with trad tools in was like an ice cube.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 04:14:07 pm »
Get a basic setup but make sure you get hot water,IMO hot water is essential just look at things at the moment as far as the weather goes. Plug into tank on frost mode and forget it no need to worry about anything freezing,I checked the van this morning tank pump and reel all nice and warm but the bucket with trad tools in was like an ice cube.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D can only but laugh at that post

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »

Yes , make sure you have hot water because whilst your van is off the road due to icy conditions- you will still have nice hot water and lovely hose reels sat on your drive .... great  ::)roll

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 06:40:19 pm »

Or

Has to be a comprimise;

What is a "Rubbish System"?

We are only dealing with a pump, controller, battery to feed water to a hose reel. Not really rocket science is it.

Any company who has invested money to produce a crash tested system will get the simpler aspects right also.

The original posters question is a confusing one really.

When I said a rubbish system, I mean one with leaks, poor set up electrics, not efficient yada yada. It would be pointless having this kinda set up, but a 5 star crash tested tank to bolt it onto.

You have to have a balance between the two, wherever that may land.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 08:32:07 pm »
it depends on what you can afford.....

first i had an old kangoo van with 10 barrels in the back and  PF trolley,before getting a 350l tank and strapping it down...then i got a gas heater.....

then i had an old connect with a 500L tank and frame,gas heater,etc....

if you ve got the money get a decent tank and frame and a diesel heater....i wouldnt bother with a gas heater again...they can be dangerous....its not worth the risk mate....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 09:51:31 pm »
Yes totally agree , thats why i always fit my vans up with my gas boiler attached to the tank , cos then when it catches fire which it inevitability will , it will melt the tank and put itself out  ;D ;D ;D

But to be utterly honest , i do what i can to be as safe as i can with the funds that are at my disposal , with my current van a diesel heater is out of the question with regard to space and weight , i have no intention of going any bigger , if i am to lose the LPG it would be on demand electric tap due to not being able to run cables overnight safely . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !