Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

skillwizz

Re: wood furniture marks on carpet...solutions pls
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 05:15:36 pm »
A refund on the cleaning?

If you did the damage you’ll find that you’ll have to replace the carpet.

Yes Shaun, you're absolutely right. I'm offering replacement carpet PLUS full refund.
...whether you think you're right, or whether you think you're wrong....you're right! HENERY FORD..........it's all in the mind guys....

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
Sorry to hear it is not working out for you. I hope its not too painful.

edward coller

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 05:42:43 pm »
Really tough... I would try Dye Gone by Chemspec as last resort and if customer is willing to give you another go.. Ive had some great success on really tricky dyes and  deep stains as a do or die... Best Simon

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 09:58:34 pm »
Dave L would be able to fix it and save you the hassle and money involved to replace it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 11:17:27 am »
You’ve done the right thing it’s too easy to put your head in the sand.

skillwizz

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 12:34:25 pm »
First of all, I'm sorry to harp on about this situation.
Second, thanks for all the support and advice.
Third, an UNBELIEVABLE turnout to this. The house owner has turned down my offers on the basis that  "Im in business myself and I know these things happen. Im not the type of person to start claiming or suing. "  Im going to try to get the marks out again, and , agreed to clean some other areas for them without charge.
Bacofoil, cling film, poly blocks and sticky tabs already packed !!!!
Once again thank you. 
...whether you think you're right, or whether you think you're wrong....you're right! HENERY FORD..........it's all in the mind guys....

edward coller

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 02:48:08 pm »
Thats amazing...you integrity has been honoured... great customers too. Big thanks!!! Happy Cleaning indeed.

john martin

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 09:08:41 pm »
what you gonna try now ? 
One option might be to call that Dave L chap and ask him to do the removal ... but teach u how to do , pay him well , it would be lesson woth paying for as youl come across these type of marks again and again .   

Some brown/orange marks react well and quick with an acid ..or a reducer ...or an oxidiser ...but i have a feeling your furniture marks will be a hard to lighten as they come .

If it was me ....  i would mix up a very  strong oxidiser ...and a very  strong reducer ...  and try both to see if one is reacting more that the other 
For the reducer ... i perfer the powder sources of sod met ( something like craftex shift ) ... because u can mix it super concentrate ...where as i wouldnt trust the liquid product versions , they might be ready to applt to a tea stain ...  but u might need s small super strong mix to get any colour change on the furniture mark  .
For an oxidiser ... i like hair bleach ..i get it in bulk , but nip down to boots and this kit should all u need to try it out ..
http://www.boots.com/bleach-total-bleach-kit-10239300
or u could buy dye gone
If you mix up a sample of both the above i would dab each onto an area of one of the spots with a tiny paint brush or cotton bud ...
mix the sod met in very hot water first , apply external  heat then if u like with an iron and towel or a steamer ...or a hair dryer , i perfer the hair dryer .  Heat should also accelerate the oxydiser .
Even at that it might take time and several applications of whatevers working to get a dramatic colour change ( or it might not , wont know til u try )
It might even be a case of apply the oxdiser and leaving it overnight if thats an option to really get to whiteish colour ...
which brings u to your next issue .... unless your very lucky the new colour wont blend in at all with the carpet colour ... might be a very bright white stain .
in that case ... i mix some black wool dye really dilute ( almost transparent ) in a spray bottle , get a sheet of a4 , make a hole the size of the stain and put it over it .... them mist the dye over the stain ,  extract it ... then repeat up til the white mark ends up a light grey colour and blends more with the surrounding carpet  .... chances are when viewed standing up u wont really notice the mark .