This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Re: Next project ..........Hot/warm summer water for FREE !
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 04:23:33 pm »
A couple of my friends did something similar a couple of years back for those Bestway swimming/paddling pools. One made up a box similar to yours but much larger & put it on his garage roof, the other got some black irrigation hose & coiled it up on his garage roof. But they were constantly being re-circulated back into the pool via the filter pump.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 04:28:30 pm »
When I used to work on the scuba diving boats out of Eilat in Israel at the end of the day there was a hose-pipe laid out on the pontoon. We used to take a shower with the water in that hose, straight out of it, no shower head or anything. The water was toasty warm every day, it had been sat in the pipe for 10 hours or so and it heated the water up luverlee.

The weather was +40°C - 45°C though.

This system just hasn't got the oomph, and we haven't got the weather. It'll take 25 minutes to raise one litre of water by one °C in weather that we never experience in this country. 

Back to the drawing board.

Nah , not listening   :P

I Know what you say about the hose , i have on times had it laid out for as little as 5 mins and the pressure build and heat has been shocking , and that has been with yellow 6 mm .
I honestly think that if we could safely use black hose it would be a game changer , just asking for troublr though .

Im gonna keep on to see what i can achieve , nothing to lose is there ?

Only face by the fact it will look absolutely s**t on top of your van.

How can you try and justify a good price for a job & then turn up with that on top your van? Makes you look a cheapskate.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 04:34:51 pm »
If watched or seen the video highlighted on my previous post on this thread he used fire to heat the water and circulated it in maybe 50 litres of water.
So possibly do similar and run a chimnea with a large chimney) if you have one and leave it to fill an insulated tank over night and then do a tank transfer before work.    Pick up scrap wood on your travels so the fuel is free as well perhaps
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »
Oh come on Nathan...really? I thought the immersion was crazy enough but heating over a chimnea and picking up scraps of wood?

I'd love hot but not that much! If I ever want it that bad I think I'd just have to pay the going rate just as Dazmond has.

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 04:55:18 pm »
This is why i carry on and do it , i love the banter , it cant be done my arse , it will look stupid !
I dont care what it looks like to be fair , people wont even see it on the roof , they didnt see the solar panels , and tbh i think if people see this sort of thing they kind of admire it  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 05:22:21 pm »
Oh come on Nathan...really? I thought the immersion was crazy enough but heating over a chimnea and picking up scraps of wood?

I'd love hot but not that much! If I ever want it that bad I think I'd just have to pay the going rate just as Dazmond has.

It's a project and who doesn't love a good project other than work and the mundane everyday day duties etc.    Lol, picking up scraps of wood.  I have customers who are tree surgeons and I'm sure I could come to some arrangement with them etc or yes, if I wanted to I could source plenty of scrap wood.   But this isn't my project, just offering up ideas rather than being negative and thinking inside the box.

I do laugh how people tell me my own findings are wrong just because they can't achieve what I'm able to do, or didn't have the hindsight to get a larger tank and reserve water because they limited themselves to a 300 or 350ltr tank.   Also what's up with a basic way of using immersion heaters for hot water rather than buying a fancy 5grand system with more possibilities of things going wrong down the line
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 05:48:49 pm »
If watched or seen the video highlighted on my previous post on this thread he used fire to heat the water and circulated it in maybe 50 litres of water.
So possibly do similar and run a chimnea with a large chimney) if you have one and leave it to fill an insulated tank over night and then do a tank transfer before work.    Pick up scrap wood on your travels so the fuel is free as well perhaps
Good idea.
You could carve some wood to use as a dog-muck-picker-upperer and then burn the offending stick to heat the water.
Hey, you could even burn the dog mucks whilst you're at it. I wonder what sort of heat they give out.
Best not do it if the wife's got a line full of washing out though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »
A couple of my friends did something similar a couple of years back for those Bestway swimming/paddling pools. One made up a box similar to yours but much larger & put it on his garage roof, the other got some black irrigation hose & coiled it up on his garage roof. But they were constantly being re-circulated back into the pool via the filter pump.
How did this go for them ?
Its just that this is exactly what my box will be doing if it does not work on the van .

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 08:38:52 pm »
Its only a little pool so should be ok.
In my last house i had a pool that took 12500 L to fill , the missus only sent me out to get the kids a paddler  ;D ;D ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 07:46:33 am »
Jeff brimble did similar i think with a immersion water tank..... Thats all i know lol

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 03:10:17 pm »

It's a project and who doesn't love a good project other than work and the mundane everyday day duties etc.    Lol, picking up scraps of wood.  I have customers who are tree surgeons and I'm sure I could come to some arrangement with them etc or yes, if I wanted to I could source plenty of scrap wood.   But this isn't my project, just offering up ideas rather than being negative and thinking inside the box.

I do laugh how people tell me my own findings are wrong just because they can't achieve what I'm able to do, or didn't have the hindsight to get a larger tank and reserve water because they limited themselves to a 300 or 350ltr tank.   Also what's up with a basic way of using immersion heaters for hot water rather than buying a fancy 5grand system with more possibilities of things going wrong down the line

each to their own but id rather spend my spare time bodybuilding/drumming(or anything else!) than faffing about with DIY stuff.......
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 06:43:03 pm »
Its just that this is exactly what my box will be doing if it does not work on the van .

It did work for both but I'm not sure to what degree.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 08:12:12 pm »

It did work for both but I'm not sure to what degree.

I see what you did there ;)

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 12:13:50 am »

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:32 am »
I would but the van is too small  ;D