Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Proclean oxford

Safe contractor ??
« on: February 12, 2018, 12:42:32 pm »
Hi all, Can anyone recommence an alternative to Safe contractor please. We have been with them years but since the changes I have found them to be greedy and you have to pay for everything.... ie, to fast track and for the certificate and this year they are trying to nearly double our charge.

I have tried Clensa but they are not taking on any new applicants. I am not even sure they are still running as we don't get our calls returned.

I am really looking just for an accreditation in Health and Safety and not too expensive.

Any suggestions would be great.

Simone A

Re: Safe contractor ??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »
Hi There,

Hope you're well.  I've recently posted in the forum and yet to receive a response, so thought I'd attempt to help you out and just maybe you can help me.  I'd be eternally grateful, but more of that later....

We're relatively new to cleaning and had been considering Safecontractor accreditation to help us into the commercial cleaning arena.   Long story short, agreed,  they're expensive and the process isn't very transparent.   Having researched endlessly, we decided to go for CHAS and then get a DTS (Deem to Satisfy) through Safecontractor.   Works out cheaper and much quicker and there is a whole heap of member benefits (hope they're as good as they sound).  We're also of the thinking that since CHAS deal with applications much more quickly (10 days),  all going well, we could have both CHAS and Safecontractor DTS (a day or so)  within 2 weeks.   As we are going through the process, will keep you posted if you like....?

Safecontractor is definitely reputable but, they take forever to process applications which is useless if you are in the pursuit of a contract when applying.   Further insult to injury, your 12 months membership starts from the date you submit your application, which means that by the time you are accredited or the time comes to renew, you've only had approx half a years accreditation.   I hope this helps.

My query...

As explained, completely new to commercial cleaning and having a bit of trouble pricing up Offices and After Builders Cleans.  Any light shed would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & all the best

S x

Strata Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:18:05 pm »
Hope this will help with decisions but leaving whats the preference of mine I found most of my clients ask me to demonstrate specifically  a safe contractor accreditation.  I operate in retail sector mainly.  CHAS is being asked for by the builders contractors we do the builders clean with on our clients premises though.

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:01:43 am »
Am a window cleaner an employ a few, I also have SafeContractor which is ok to get if u av 5 or less staff.
It was easier for me to instruct a h&s advisor of which I have an on going subscription, at first I was really against the idea of an external company doing my h&s but infact it turned out to be the best move I made.
I do work for commercial custards and I even have a premier football team on my round these are by far the strictest and they told me that SafeContractor is perfect an we would never need chas as they both represent the same accreditation.

That's not to say I don't have other such as working at height, gantry training safe use of ladders etc

Matt