Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

new van a year old now!service time...
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:24:38 am »
my van is booked in for 9am this morning..just an oil change...ive done 4000 miles in my first year.should i  be getting my fuel filter changed as well?(its a 1.5 tdci euro 6 engine)or leave it for another year?

cheers guys.first day this year ive woken up to snow outside so im glad ive got the day off today... :)
price higher/work harder!

andyM

Re: new van a year old now!service time...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:33:24 am »
Crikey, a year? that's gone quick!
One of the Plebs

Walter Mitty

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:30:24 am »
my van is booked in for 9am this morning..just an oil change...ive done 4000 miles in my first year.should i  be getting my fuel filter changed as well?(its a 1.5 tdci euro 6 engine)or leave it for another year?

cheers guys.first day this year ive woken up to snow outside so im glad ive got the day off today... :)
Who knowsif the filter should be changed too?  My last van's final problem was to do with fuel and pump, so I prefer to keep such things as clean as possible.  I wasn't prepared to throw another thousand at something that was becoming so unreliable.

Scrimble

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 10:33:18 am »
read the manual which came with the van and it will tell you exactly when all the filters need to be changed.

Soupy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:43 am »
Surely with a new van you are going to the main dealer to maintain the warranty?

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:21 am »
Surely with a new van you are going to the main dealer to maintain the warranty?

nope.no need to..my local garage are brilliant.ive been taking cars and vans there for nearly 30 years.they will only fit genuine ford parts just like a main dealer but without the rip off prices.. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 11:38:06 am »
read the manual which came with the van and it will tell you exactly when all the filters need to be changed.

60,000 miles before ford recommend a fuel filter change on the new connect diesel vans so no need for  A VERY LONG time.. :)

so itll be 15 years before itll need changing going by 4k a year current mileage! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 11:40:34 am »
Crikey, a year? that's gone quick!

yep it has hasnt it mate?only another 30 years until retirement.... ;D

lal

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:16 am »

nope.no need to..my local garage are brilliant.ive been taking cars and vans there for nearly 30 years.they will only fit genuine ford parts just like a main dealer but without the rip off prices.. ;)

Hi dazmond, if you use another garage for the oil change, won't that void the warranty with the Main dealer it was
 bought from.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 11:47:23 am »

Hi dazmond, if you use another garage for the oil change, won't that void the warranty with the Main dealer it was
 bought from.

no.as long as its a reputable garage and genuine ford parts/recommended oils are used and you get a receipt its fine.its only an oil change im having done...

JandS

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:32 pm »
You can service at any garage as long as they stamp the book.
Shouldn't need a service after 4000 miles.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »
Waste of time taking it in.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:49 pm »
You can service at any garage as long as they stamp the book.
Shouldn't need a service after 4000 miles.

no but you should service a vehicle after 12 months regardless of mileage IMO...i always do these days whether its my van or the golf.....

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 01:29:41 pm »
Waste of time taking it in.

why matt?they wont charge me much and ill have fresh  oil swirling around my engine.i might as well look after it.....

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
Go to work instead.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 01:43:44 pm »
Go to work instead.

im not missing out on any work though matt as i only work 4 or 5 days a week...this week its 4 days.... :)

Delta

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »
One year old is an interim service on your van. Basic check over.
Oil change is at 20k miles.
Check on Ford ETIS
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:08 pm »
I get free Ford breakdown assistance, one of the conditions for this continued cover is that the van has to be serviced by a ford dealer.

Don Kee

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:14 pm »
I get free Ford breakdown assistance, one of the conditions for this continued cover is that the van has to be serviced by a ford dealer.

Everyone that has their vehicle serviced at a ford dealership gets 12months breakdown cover.

First year is interim, second year is ‘Full’ service Daz.
To be honest, I’ve just have the full service done by Ford every year as it isn’t that much more than the interim and the local dealers prices are pretty good. You dont need to go to Ford though, just genuine parts need to be used.

Fuel filter is a 2 year or 60k recommended change (I think) from memory.

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 03:36:48 pm »
Well i was told by a Fiat main dealer nowadays as long as the garage uses the genuine parts and is VAT registered then the warranty is not void (that is with Fiat may be different with Ford) .