This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

Van Stollen
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:36:24 pm »
A friend from Lindney Glos had his expert van stollen early friday morning, it had all his purewater kit and ladders and freedom trolly in it.

Reg VU51 UNE it is white with blue sills.

Alan has asked me to post it as they took a lot of stuff from the house as well.

He wants to know if anyone has a backpack that he can buy to get him self out of a mess.

Email me if you can help.

Thanks Roy

Mike_Boxall

Re: Van Stollen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:56:54 pm »
Hi Roy

We're just up the road in Malvern. Tell him to give me a call and I'll lend him a backpack to get him out of trouble. In fact, I may have an even better proposition for him.......

Regards

Mike

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:09:27 am »
Thanks Mike

I have passed your number on as they took computer ect.

He will give you a ring later.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:16:57 pm »
Roy
If you can post a picture of his van, its got a better chance of being spotted than just a discription, don.t forget there are a few thousand guy's on here, so lets hope someone spots it for him.

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 03:00:09 pm »
Hi Jeff

Dont have any photos of his van but it is like mine in my photo.

Roy

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:37 pm »
roy, chances are they wont be local,   sounds odd to me they had the opportunity   to steal from  the house to,
maybe that was to cover up the fact they realy wanted the wfp setup, and make it look like a real burglar. did the van have signes on it, 

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 03:20:20 pm »
Ok Roy, we'll keep our eye's open in somerset.

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 03:21:16 pm »
Hi no the van did not have signs.

Alan had gone on holiday and been away 4 days when they broke in.

The man next door hhas them on his cctv but it is dark an they just walk up as bold as brass, they were in the house one and half hours.

Roy

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »
Roy,

If it doesn't work out with Mike Boxhall, I've a old 50 litre system with a 60 psi pump.  It's similar to a Peter Fogwill Trolley.

It'll need a battery, variflow and hose though.

He's welcome to it for free.

That aside, the Saudi Arabians have the right idea with regards what to do with theives.  I bet very few of them re-offend!

rs_cleancare

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:39:23 pm »
I will keep my eyes open! Im only down the road in Cheltenham.
Might be worth checking ebay to see if any of the kit is being sold there.
Rob.

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:37 pm »
Thanks  Tosh

You know alan, mike has been intouch and offerd the loan of backpack and the use of a trailer system.

I have put together all the traditional kit squeegees buckets ect. But still trying to gets some ladders.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 05:32:09 pm »
Roy I'm in somerset,and I have a big set of trade ladders he can borrow, if he can't get any more local.

Roy Harding

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 05:34:06 pm »
Thanks Jeff

I will try local first.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 05:51:13 pm »
No Problem Roy offer left open.

dai

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 06:12:00 pm »
That aside, the Saudi Arabians have the right idea with regards what to do with theives.  I bet very few of them re-offend!
No Tosh they just hold their hands up.
Joking apart, There can be few meaner thefts than stealing a mans tools of his trade. If they were in the house for that length of time, they must have known the owners were away. I would guess that the thieves were very local Dai

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 06:26:26 pm »
Roy, I've a domestic set of ladders Alan can use as a last resort and/or he could use my BS EN 131 ladders as long as he gives them to me back on one particular day per month where I have a lot of ladder work.

My domestic ladders are in fairly good nick; and I can put a new set of feet on them.

He's more than welcome to them, but since they're my first ever set of ladders when I started window cleaning (only three-years-ago); I want them back; sentimental value.

If he's interested in either the ladders or the 50 litre system, tell him to phone Chepstow (he knows the code) 621950.

Regards,

Tosh.

dai

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »
We window cleaners must be the most vulnerable group when it comes to burglary.
Not only do we give everyone our address, we tell them when we are going on holiday. I think I will leave my car/van keys with a trusted person when I go. Dai

als_cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 09:56:36 am »
To all fellow window cleaners on the forum, thanks very much for your support and offers of kit, I dont think any other trade looks after its own like this one. I managed to get a high mileage van from the auctions yesterday so I hope the insurance company dont sit on their hands for to long. Kirsty at Gardiners has got some equipment coming next day delivery and Roy harding has lent me some trad kit to keep me going, thanks to Tosh, Mike and Len for your offers of help. The stolen van was a white puegeot expert, VU51 UNE, the sills were painted blue and it had rear doors with glass as opposed to solid. A 650 litre tank was bolted flat to floor by a green angle iron frame. As well as a backpack and trolley theire was a home made trolley as pictured on the trolley thread made from a 98 litre atv sprayer. I know this is wishfull thinking but they only have to slip up once and we cover all the roads in the uk so you never know! Any imfo gladly recieved. Thanks again guys, Alan (Als Cleaning Services)

007 or what

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 11:01:20 am »
will keep my eye's open.  Bournemouth, poole and wareham they cant to far witout been seen,