This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

window cleaner loses his marbles.
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »

AuRavelling79

Re: window cleaner loses his marbles.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:25:55 pm »
Crazy.
It's a game of three halves!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:40:47 pm »
What's going on here??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq4mT9RYIh0

Lmao so hes bought wfp just for first cleans to do the frames and then trad from then onwards?  This guys onto a winner  8) 8) 8) 8)

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:55:39 pm »
The time it’s taken him to do half a window we would have done the whole place and be on to the next one 😂😂😂😂😂

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:56:51 pm »
Dozy git.

Some people just cant trust that an advancement in technology is better than what they're accustomed to.

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 11:43:08 pm »
6 minutes for one window, it aint even black. Could do a small house in 5-10. Must be nuts making so much work then trad cleaning, bonkers

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 12:05:01 am »
you cant say he doesnt do a thorough job eh lads?.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 01:20:33 am »
Haha i was half expecting to see me highlighted on the thread  ;D ;D

Wow,  couldnt believe what i just watched. I had to look in the comments (and add a comment) to see if he was trying to show a first clean with wfp and also a first clean with trad but NO.   Ild like to know how much he charged for perhaps half hour or even an hour to do that first clean.   Utter madness
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 07:41:54 am »
Come on Guys.

He is very obviously a wfp newbie who doesn't trust wfp to do a good job.
I would hate to see a video of my early efforts at cleaning  wfp especially with a Fiberglass pole and later in earnest with an Unger Teleplus ali pole and heavy Vikan brush. In fact, if there was one I certainly wouldn't put mine up on YouTube.

Lets look at the positives.
I'm sure in time he will learn from experience that he doesn't have to work that hard and spend that amount of time on a first clean. I hope he will also learn to find a more suitable place for his squeegee in this van and assign it a tool of much less importance. I think Nathan's comments on YouTube are correct, albeit a little harsh for a proud newbie to swallow, when he says to pick one method and stick by it. (That householder will want his/her windows done both ways in future. He's made a rod for his own back.)

I hope he will learn to handle to pole more comfortably and hence look more professional to us looking on as old hats. But if I was the owner of the house I would see a young hard working cleaner doing a good job.

He looks a very presentable young man, clean and neat; a total opposite to me. I can only describe myself as looking like a tramp, before I eventually visit the hairdresser, and bib and brace overalls so my trousers don't fall down when I'm working etc.

He has a Gardiner pole and a sill brush, so that good!  ;D

The only way he is going to start to trust the system is if he does the job, walks away, and comes back a couple of hours later to check on the results and correct any issues. Once he sees that there are no issues then he will stop coming back and trust the first clean. Its a learning curve.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 08:49:02 am »
I suspect he might be over-egging it for the sake of his website video and in an attempt to encourage new enquiries.

Id be bored off my crackers if I worked like that all day.

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 09:04:33 am »
I think whilst he's cleaning, he's thinking...
'which is better wfp or trad? I know it's wfp...no it's trad...not it's wfp...no it's trad.....
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 10:03:27 am »
By the way he's keeping an eye over his shoulder i reckon he's thinking " hope the customer doesn't come home an see me with this pole, I promised traditional to get the job"

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:49 am »
A good job in the end, but it was overkill. He used the pole left and right handed, I struggle to use it left handed. Went overkill with the trad part too, on the large pane he used the mop to catch excess water and on the other part he didn't. All that was needed was a good spray over the frames and glass with a degreaser and then blast it all wfp. How many cloths does he get through a day?
We look at them, they look through them.

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 12:03:55 pm »
A'll let ye know when am wanting em done again son..... Lol

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »
Looks like he’s in his Sunday best!  ;D

kikjason

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »
God I wish I was that enthusiastic about cleaning one window .. he could have just wiped it all down with a scrim in half the time

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 07:04:34 pm »
God I wish I was that enthusiastic about cleaning one window .. he could have just wiped it all down with a scrim in half the time

I am suprised he didnt try newspaper n vinigar though.      Or even vision.  ;D ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 07:29:16 pm »
Looks like he’s in his Sunday best!  ;D

Was probably his nan's window's.

johnny bravo

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 10:19:01 am »
he would look smarter with a tie or dicky bow on,       On the plus side , if he is Happy with his result as he looks to be,  he shows he takes pride in his work.    hes young, a year or 2 he will not be doing this way again.