This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

white cladding cleaning
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:46:10 pm »
Hi all
           dose anyone use chemicals like they use in softwash systems to clean white cladding? iv done a few with a stiff brush and soap but i have a telescopic lance for my karcher pressure washer and was going to give that a go but thought is ther something i can use to speed it up? i remember last year a guy useing a petrol washer and thinking will that damage the surface.

any advice would be good
 thanks joe

dazmond

Re: white cladding cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:20 pm »
i use WFP ,hot water and virosol for very dirty fascia/cladding cleans although hot water is enough most of the time.if you mean removing the black "tiger stripes" you see on some fascias then forget it(you ll be there all day and still wont be able to remove them).......as for using pressure washers i think they re messy so i dont use one...
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:41:08 pm »
I use biological washing detergent in a bucket. Dip and wash with wfp. The muck melts away.

swanson

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:26:49 pm »
It's amazing stuff
I use it to clean ovens
They come up brand new

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »
We do as dazmond said but if really badly stained or black lines that won’t cone off  bit of hypo in the sprayer diluted 4 to 1 works well , use ppe and google how to do it safely if unsure

peekeclean

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »
thanks guys but what is hypo?  might give the  biological washing powder a go tho.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:56 pm »
thanks guys but what is hypo?  might give the  biological washing powder a go tho.

Sodium hypochlorite  , or bleach , farmers use it to sterilise dairy’s

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:47:54 pm »

Be careful using bleach on upvc..is has been known to turn some types pink

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »

Yes and yellow but if a 10% strength is used and diluted 4-1 it shouldn’t , on jobs where it has changed the colour pink/ yellow it only stays like that for an hour or so and then reverts back to white that’s what I have found anyway

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 12:25:30 am »
sod using bleach its not worth the risk IMO.any marks that dont come off using other less harsher chemicals then so be it.....i tried my best....

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 08:46:56 am »
Softwashing has it's place in the industry, but you have to be very H&S competent.

Working on customers property with pure water and a plastic cleaner is one thing, but using a bleach product at certain ratio levels

can be challenging with not only the outcome on the property  but welfare of animals, children, plants and ponds, even water barrels linked to downpipes for plant watering all need to be addressed.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 09:44:14 am »
Softwashing has it's place in the industry, but you have to be very H&S competent.

Working on customers property with pure water and a plastic cleaner is one thing, but using a bleach product at certain ratio levels

can be challenging with not only the outcome on the property  but welfare of animals, children, plants and ponds, even water barrels linked to downpipes for plant watering all need to be addressed.

exactly....its not worth the risk......

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 05:40:07 pm »

Come on are you being serious what do you clean your sink with ? What do you put down the toilet ? We are talking stronger than House hold bleach but when it’s diluted it’s harmless : what do you think you are swimming in if you go to the swimming pool ????? Oh surprise suprise it’s bleach !,, it is harmless to animals once diluted , you do have to be more careful with ponds though I have a koi pond with fish that are worth many thousands of pounds and nearly a meter long and I softwashing my place every year and have done so for the last 8 years pond is less than 6 feet away from the house and never had a problem it’s knowing how to use a product safely that’s the key to this it’s only bleach not some ratio active substance , there is pleanty of good advice on how to use it safely freely available if you look for it

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 06:33:57 pm »

Virosol will turn plastic pink in some cases if not diluted enough and left on too long.
We look at them, they look through them.

JandS

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »
Vistal or Unger  rub out and magic sponges and even brass wool to get tiger stripes off sills and frames.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.