Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel heater.........costs...
« on: January 31, 2018, 07:29:12 pm »
this is for jonny(and anyone else thats interested)..ive worked 21 days this month and spent £100 extra in diesel (using the heater on full whack every day) so roughly its costing me £5 a day to run the heater.
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

Re: diesel heater.........costs...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:44:58 pm »
this is for jonny(and anyone else thats interested)..ive worked 21 days this month and spent £100 extra in diesel (using the heater on full whack every day) so roughly its costing me £5 a day to run the heater.

That’s very good Ime spending around £60-75 a week avarage put in £105 last week 😬😬😬😬 that was driving more miles than normal though

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:51:30 pm »
add £40 to that which is my normal diesel running costs (before the heater)so im putting in £140 a month at present....

DeLuce

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:46 pm »

Mmmm, £5 a day, not too bad!
How are you finding it with regards to eating your brushes and cleaning generally?

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 08:34:36 pm »
This is why I didnt even bother with having it plumbed into the diesel tank this time they don’t cost much to run well mine hasn’t ever seemed too,today I put £15-64ps worth of Kerosene in my 20ltr container full to the brim. Last time it lasted me at least 10 days Kerosene is much cleaner and they run far better on it,1-50 a day instead of £5

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:35:20 pm »
With Kerosene you can hardly smell it running at all.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
I have never ever put 100 pounds worth of diesel in my heater in a month 😂 you sure you ain’t got a leak Daz that don’t sound right m8.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:47 pm »
I have never ever put 100 pounds worth of diesel in my heater in a month 😂 you sure you ain’t got a leak Daz that don’t sound right m8.

Not cheap to run but I just price it into the jobs for the day

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 08:47:15 pm »

Thanks daz. Much appreciated.

Very affordable for hot water.

How are you finding the heater? Any pros, cons or issues you’ve found now that you’ve broke it in?

I’m Saving a few more pennies over the next month or so and then making the call to Oliver.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »
This is why I didnt even bother with having it plumbed into the diesel tank this time they don’t cost much to run well mine hasn’t ever seemed too,today I put £15-64ps worth of Kerosene in my 20ltr container full to the brim. Last time it lasted me at least 10 days Kerosene is much cleaner and they run far better on it,1-50 a day instead of £5

Who do you buy Kerosene from in those amounts?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Og

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:27:06 pm »
Any local fuel place. In the country anyway. Everyone heats their house and water on kerosene.

Why aren’t you guys using a separate tank and red?

Og

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 09:29:57 pm »
If you buy more than 100l you have to fill in a form. I was dipped by hmrc a couple of weeks ago. Country life.

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:45:20 pm »
Any local fuel place. In the country anyway. Everyone heats their house and water on kerosene.

Why aren’t you guys using a separate tank and red?

Red will damage the heater and invalidate the warranty 

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »
I use a separate tank in the van I also clean a farm he lets me fill my tank up for about a tenner,I get mine from a local garage they’ve got 2-3 pumps for kerosene you can tell when you start using it with the heater it’s far cleaner like I say fumes are minimal compared to regular diesel.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:32 pm »

i bet you spend A LOT more on diesel than me a week mate driving 50-60 miles a day to clean windows fellah!(mine is £35 a week including heater running costs).

ive also had my best earning january ever in 25 years of window cleaning..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 10:23:45 pm »

Thanks daz. Much appreciated.

Very affordable for hot water.

How are you finding the heater? Any pros, cons or issues you’ve found now that you’ve broke it in?

I’m Saving a few more pennies over the next month or so and then making the call to Oliver.

love it...so much better than a gas shower heater.nice warm supple hoses and easier cleaning.i wish id got one years ago! :)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 10:30:03 pm »

Mmmm, £5 a day, not too bad!
How are you finding it with regards to eating your brushes and cleaning generally?

ive upgraded my brushes to stiff versions(ultimates and xtremes)and i now have the red 6mm pure freedom microbore which is excellent....cleaning is defo easier esp on bird muck,snail trails and grit from nearby gutters,windows dry quicker too,easier rinsing and warm supple hoses....ill never go back to cold water now... :)

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »
I use a separate tank in the van I also clean a farm he lets me fill my tank up for about a tenner,I get mine from a local garage they’ve got 2-3 pumps for kerosene you can tell when you start using it with the heater it’s far cleaner like I say fumes are minimal compared to regular diesel.

hardly any fumes from my diesel heater.theres a bit of white smoke on start up on a cold morning but it soon goes....

NWH

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 10:54:40 pm »
Best month ever eh always the way when I got my first extreme pole couldn’t put it down best week-month ever I remember when I went hot the earnings went through the roof couldn’t wait to use hot water,get a new brush you like you tend to stay out working longer. Sometimes it’s worth spending money on new toys as it makes it more enjoyable.

andyM

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 06:49:25 am »
So Daz,using provisional figures of £100 per month fuel costs and including your initial purchase cost of £5000.
Over 10 years using that heater is going to cost you approximately.....................
£16K!

One of the Plebs