This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

charlie2

Un-valve mark 2
« on: January 31, 2018, 04:38:58 pm »
Hi what's people view of the un-valve mark 2. All so the couplings that exceed do.
 Regards chris

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Un-valve mark 2
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:09 pm »
I'm still using the mk 1s that I got when they first came out.

What's the difference between the two?

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:46 pm »
Suppose it’s technically Aquadapter 2.  ;D

No such thing as a univalve 2 yet.

Univalve one works great though. Very light, easy to use and durable.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:53:29 pm »
im still using the original uni valves too....great bit of kit..outstanding durability... :)
price higher/work harder!

charlie2

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:49 pm »
Thanks.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 08:13:53 am »
I'm still using the mk 1s that I got when they first came out.

What's the difference between the two?

It can't be colour as we would be on mk3 or mk4 now.  ;D

Wasn't there a slight modification done inside the mechanism very shortly after launch?

I've got one from the first batch and its still going strong. Steve can't be selling many replacements if ours are anything to go by.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:34:05 am »
£38 seems a bit pricey, how long are these lasting?

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 10:17:47 am »

I've still got my original one going from the first time they were brought out!
Can't remember when that was exactly, but I'd guess 2yrs ???
They last well. I've only replaced one but that was because when it was really cold, whilst swapping my pole hose over to pu, I inadvertently snapped the end off when trying to undo the 'o' clip  :-\

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 02:42:42 pm »
I have three from the first batch. One has been in constant use the other two occasional use and all three are still in good working order.
The only time I’ve had problems with them has been either because of forcing too much water through them or using a pump with too high a pressure setting.
My experience has been, if you try to force too much water through them, they shut off with difficulty. If you use a pump with too high a pressure rating they are difficult even impossible to open once closed.
However, that said I think they are a brilliant bit of engineering and one of the best bits of kit I’ve bought.
To put things in perspective, the problems I had were whilst experimenting with different pumps on my trolley.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 07:02:07 pm »

cheapskate!steve has gotta make money too you know....... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 07:57:28 pm »
well worth the money,

we have had a couple fail here and there ( early ones ) but Steve has been great and replaced with updated ones that are all blue in colour

they are by far the best method of water control

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 08:28:20 pm »

cheapskate!steve has gotta make money too you know....... ;D
:o :o OK so if I were to buy it then looking at ebay (saves postage ;)) there's the cleaning warehouse, wcw and some dude waterfedpole selling them and each show a different model!

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:09 pm »
I have three from the first batch. One has been in constant use the other two occasional use and all three are still in good working order.
The only time I’ve had problems with them has been either because of forcing too much water through them or using a pump with too high a pressure setting.
My experience has been, if you try to force too much water through them, they shut off with difficulty. If you use a pump with too high a pressure rating they are difficult even impossible to open once closed.
However, that said I think they are a brilliant bit of engineering and one of the best bits of kit I’ve bought.
To put things in perspective, the problems I had were whilst experimenting with different pumps on my trolley.

Thats interesting, mine has just started playing up, being difficult to shut off. Thinking about it it coincided with me fitting a new pump, 130psi flat out, previous one was 100 psi.

charlie2

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:36 pm »
Thanks chaps order some today, plus conecters  what a nice fell .

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 10:55:13 pm »

Thats interesting, mine has just started playing up, being difficult to shut off. Thinking about it it coincided with me fitting a new pump, 130psi flat out, previous one was 100 psi.

None of mine would work at all at 115psi. Just refused to open once the air was out of the tube.

My current setup on my trolley is a 5lpm 70psi pump connected to 17mtrs of PU pole hose. With a freshly charged battery my Univalve refuses to close with my controller set to 10. However, it works perfect on 8. After about an hour I can turn it up to 10 and it’ll work fine.

Is your pump a 6lpm version? If so depending on how you have your controller set you could have both problems going on.

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 07:28:51 am »
The last one I bought from Exceed was £29.95 + postage. O clips free. Postage was £6.95 if I remember correctly.

The very first one was from WCW and that was the same price. However when they added 20% VAT and charged 50p each for O clips and then added postage it made the Univalve a lot more expensive from them when compared to Steve's price.

For what I can see the mechanism is a replica of the click mechanism of a Parker Jotter ball point pen. Who would have thought of that?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 07:52:27 am »

For what I can see the mechanism is a replica of the click mechanism of a Parker Jotter ball point pen. Who would have thought of that?

Steve!

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 08:24:49 am »
The greatest stroke of genius was making the univalve a non-serviceable item.

When it fails, it’s just a tiny washer that needs replaced. Costs pennies.

But this washers size is unique to uni-valve and can not be bought anywhere  seperately.

Now that was a sneaky stroke of genius!

Although having said that, they seem to be very reliable, so I’m still happy to keep buying them. If they failed every 11 months or so it would get a bit tiring buying a new one for just a washer that costs about 2p.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 09:44:36 am »

The clever bit is making it so that the core (the bit the lower hose connects to) doesn’t rotate like a ball point pen does. If it did it would be useless.