This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

parking whilst working
« on: January 29, 2018, 10:53:19 am »
I hate it when im parked up working and then some idiot comes and double parks without any thought and then everyone stares at you or worse.

But 2nd moan is when drivers slow down and curse because they are poor drivers and dont think they can get through a gap big enough for a truck.

So an ambulance was parked up behind the Ford and taking five by smoking. Fair enough these guys need a quick brake for work they do. But they came to drive off when i was just finishing the down stairs front windows of where i was parked. I looked across to see what they were doing as they were in middle of road engines running just not moving.   Now several cars have already drove thru the gap, plus a wide council truck so the ambulance could easily pass.   They didnt say a word, not even to put window down and ask me to move if they thought they couldnt get by.  They start reversing and at this point im packing my stuff away and a car just comes and drives through the gap with ease. Which make the ambulance driver have the confidence to forget reversing but to drive forward. But he was really creaping even though i gestured he had ample space either side of him to get through.
I couldnt believe it and glad he didnt have flashing lights on as he clearly wasnt a confident driver.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jk999

Re: parking whilst working
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:19:19 pm »
I think there's a big difference between width of a car and an ambulance I'm not saying it woundnt have got through but you do get them .it always makes me laugh when you see people in small cars and they seem to struggle to get the car round a corner  😁

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:11:46 pm »
He still had a clearance of about 10 - 15 inches at both sides.

Haha I know what you mean and in my experience its little old dears as well. It makes me cringe as im sure their gonna cause a pile up.
An old dear I knew and was a good friend of the family, drive a robin reliant.  She often drove much lower than the speed limit but on one occasion pulled onto the motor way from a slip lane only doing 30 mph and caused an accident.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 01:58:34 pm »
I hate it when im parked up working and then some idiot comes and double parks without any thought and then everyone stares at you or worse.

But 2nd moan is when drivers slow down and curse because they are poor drivers and dont think they can get through a gap big enough for a truck.

So an ambulance was parked up behind the Ford and taking five by smoking. Fair enough these guys need a quick brake for work they do. But they came to drive off when i was just finishing the down stairs front windows of where i was parked. I looked across to see what they were doing as they were in middle of road engines running just not moving.   Now several cars have already drove thru the gap, plus a wide council truck so the ambulance could easily pass.   They didnt say a word, not even to put window down and ask me to move if they thought they couldnt get by.  They start reversing and at this point im packing my stuff away and a car just comes and drives through the gap with ease. Which make the ambulance driver have the confidence to forget reversing but to drive forward. But he was really creaping even though i gestured he had ample space either side of him to get through.
I couldnt believe it and glad he didnt have flashing lights on as he clearly wasnt a confident driver.

i doubt that he wasnt a confident driver....these guys have to pass advanced driving tests to drive these vehicles at high speed.he was probably just being extra cautious which is no bad thing when your trying to get through a gap between 2 parked vehicles...
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 02:26:17 pm »
Worst ones are those that break the law by parking within 15 feet of a junction or street corner ::)roll :P

Og

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 06:22:57 pm »
Do you want an off side metal bulkhead for that van? I’ve found one when moving recently. Going free.