This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Another snapped section . Lighter brush ?
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:08:37 pm »
My lad has now snapped 4 number 2 sections , also 1 number 3 section in two  and 1/2 years . Using an slx 25 . Now there's nothing wrong with poles , we love em . He's just anheavy handed muppet  ;D we only use super light mono brushes . That's all I've ever used . Now I'm thinking get him a lighter brush . Also myself as well . I'm 52 and starting to feel odd aches in the back . Just been on gardiners and my head is swimming . So what's a lighter brush with as  good a scrubbing power as the super light . Also noticed some are 35 cm wide  but still lighter than the super light . Can you work faster and as good with the wider brush . Cheers

nathankaye

Re: Another snapped section . Lighter brush ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:49 pm »
Thats alot of poles snapping.
Dont fully know your situation  but i would implement a discipline to the heavy handed muppet (ur words lol) and take it out of his wages if its him breaking them. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Steven Biggs

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:34:35 pm »
Oh it costs him . He is a partner in the business . He pays the equivalent % on equipment and van and business costs . But he dosent stress too much about money . Hehasit very easy at home .

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 05:46:00 pm »
ive been using an extreme for months.

i stuck an old sill brush on last week for some first cleans, it was like using a brick

my verdict - extreme stiff

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 06:45:55 pm »
My ol’e dad used to say to me, “let the tools do the work they’re designed to do. Don’t force them.”  He was talking mainly about carpentry at the time, though that wasn’t his trade. But I’ve always tried to apply that rule where possible to all my tools. Usually when I break something it’s because I haven’t followed that advice.
I’m currently using an Xtreme 22 with a Xtreme nat/hybrid brush. The pole is now over a year old and used almost non stop three to four days a week as I have a very compact round. It still feels almost new. It’s been married to the Xtreme brush for the last four or five months and the brush bristles are still straight even though I’ve been using 40-45 degree water for most of the last two months. And it does a brilliant job.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:14:59 pm »
I defo dare not get him an extreme pole .  No he sticks with the slx pole , but s lightet brush .

DeLuce

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 07:48:16 pm »
If you don't fancy the Xtreme brush, try the Supreme medium hybrid. It's got natural bristles in the middle section which is great for the snail trails etc. Not as heavy as the superlite.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 10:26:11 pm »
i swear by the ultimate brushes mate.they sit in between SL brushes and  xtreme brushes weight wise.perfect for lots of work.not too heavy and not too light.
price higher/work harder!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 06:33:10 am »
Which ultimates are the best . All our work is maintenance  cleans . I've put 2 orange ones in the basket . Also we have a few days of 3 story town houses . So I have put 2 extreme  35 cm  with 4 pencil jets in . They are about half the weight of the super lights we use at the moment .so they will have a massive difference on them . Any comments on them .before I order later today . Cheers

andyM

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 07:10:49 am »
I've only snapped SLX sections (2 so far) by trying to force top opener windows shut.
If that's how he's breaking his than I would suggest he changes his technique and keeps the pole as straight as possible and pushing the pole against the window, rather than using the bend and flex in the pole to force the window closed.
This I know from experience.....
One of the Plebs

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:29 am »
I have found the orange one takes ages getting the grit of windows & frames , Iv gone back to the white and black ultimate I think it’s the ultimate medium soft

Steven Biggs

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 07:20:25 am »
No he's not snapping them closing Windows . Just pressing on too hard or rushing .i actually saw him do it on Friday . It was only a low first floor window . He extended the first section and only 3/4 of the second and snap . So I will delete the orange ultimate ones .

robbo333

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 08:24:15 am »
I use an Xtreme stiff for first cleans and the Xtreme natural bristle on maintenance. I think these are fantastic brushes, considering their size and light weight. I have just bought a 35cm Xtreme with 4 jets, i'll be trying this today.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 08:54:30 am »
Which ultimates are the best . All our work is maintenance  cleans . I've put 2 orange ones in the basket . Also we have a few days of 3 story town houses . So I have put 2 extreme  35 cm  with 4 pencil jets in . They are about half the weight of the super lights we use at the moment .so they will have a massive difference on them . Any comments on them .before I order later today . Cheers

im using the stiff versions but im using hot water.the ultimate medium mixed brushes would be similar to to the SL brushes you ve been using mate.

i also use the standard size xtreme stiff brushes for some awkward angle work and f/s/g add ons.so light they make this type of work a lot easier.

brush choice is an individual thing though.......

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 09:24:26 am »
on the subject of snapped sections ive personally never snapped any SLX section but ive snapped 4 xtreme sections on various xtreme poles(just in normal use as well).

Steven Biggs

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 10:46:19 am »
I use an Xtreme stiff for first cleans and the Xtreme natural bristle on maintenance. I think these are fantastic brushes, considering their size and light weight. I have just bought a 35cm Xtreme with 4 jets, i'll be trying this today.
let us know how you get on with the 35  cm brush . That would be great .

Steven Biggs

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:19 am »
Cheers dazmondo . Think I will get the ultimate mediums . Just waiting on whether to get a 35 cm. extreme .

Soupy

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 11:10:33 am »
What is your maintenance schedule like? Do you keep the pole clean and free from grit?

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 02:07:39 pm »
i went from superlite to extreme then when the supreme came out a few years ago ive been using them, i prefer them to ultimate as they are shaped to splay out more so wipe across the sills better than scraping the stock of the brush along the sills!
i have 3 brushes though for various jobs
supreme medium mixed hybrid
supreme soft flocked
extreme medium natural

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 04:46:20 pm »
let us know how you get on with the 35  cm brush . That would be great .

First day using the 35cm Xtreme natural bristle brush.

It's not much heavier than the standard brush, it cleans evenly across the whole width of the brush and the jets are well placed. I have the smaller 4 x 1.4mm jets in this brush and there is enough flow...just. Probably the equivalent of 2 x 2mm pencil jets (if that makes sense). It seems a very good brush indeed with the same scrubbing power as the smaller version. I had snail trails today and no problem, even with cold water.

Do I like it? I'm not sure.
It definitely feels odd and I had to change my technique (like i've got one!) You have to learn to clean the frames AND glass at the same time. Normally I whip round the frames, twice over the glass and a quick rinse...'jobs a gooden'!
With this brush you can't help but clean everything at the same time, so then I had to focus on rinsing (but then it's got 4 jets) so no real problem. It does feel very unwieldy, but that's because i'm not used to it.

Verdict.
I have some bungalows with massive windows and this will be great for them. I think it would also be great for commercial jobs, shop windows (although I will still trad mine), solar panels, blocks of flats and...dare I say it...'splashing and dashing'. If I changed the jets to 4 x 2mm and upped my flow, this would be a very formidable tool. With some practice, you could really crash out some work with this.

Would I use it every day for house bashing? Brushes are very personal things and i'll think i'll stick with my standard Xtremes. I prefer the 'scalpel' to the 'shotgun'. Would I recommend you try it...Oh yes, it could be a game changer for you. At the very least it will definitely suit any jobs you have with large panes. Is it any quicker? Not for me today because I was faffing about with it, but in the right hands I think it could be.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"